Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Rayman Legends on the Wii U for £14.99 on Amazon {Lightning Deal}

I put that Zelda Link Between Worlds download code up on Adverts - http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/zelda-a-link-between-worlds-3ds-download-code/4316881

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just backed this on Kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling

I do love me some old school wrestling and should be a good read!

Double post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OMG
    Where have these been all my life!!!
    wii-remotes-mario-luigi.jpg

Links!

Mario!!

Luigi!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Raiden Legacy for $2.99 on GOG today :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When the hell did that appear on GOG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Raiden Legacy includes the following games: Raiden, Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, and Raiden Fighters Jet.

Still no Raiden II or DX? Tell me the publishers haven't been hampered by the rom encryption? That's odd!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Raiden Legacy includes the following games: Raiden, Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, and Raiden Fighters Jet.

Still no Raiden II or DX? Tell me the publishers haven't been hampered by the rom encryption? That's odd!

There's a version of Raiden 2 on the PC that is arcade perfect, it would be weird if the publishers didn't somehow manage to get that up on GoG.

Master of the Universe

I've heard the PC port is actually pretty ugly and they messed with some of the effects. Don't think it's just 1:1 of the arcade rom image.

From shmups.com;

Raiden II for pc has dithering effects that replace the transparencies the real game has. That's why it looks horrible....

According to Interplay, in the instruction manual, it mentions that the Win95 version of Raiden II was based on the earlier PSX port of Raiden Project and still retains the fuked-up controls if played in tate.

Another interesting post

I think a lot of people have suspicions that it *is* MAME, or at least the guys who made it have done no original research of their own (hence being unable to deliver real improvements) while having no real understanding of shmups or the terms used (like the way Autofire is really automatic fire, not autofire)

Now like i've rightly said before, they can use MAME as a *reference* but they can't use MAME code, it's entirely possible they did this, but I think a lot of people would have liked to see some REAL effort put in, get the rights to the Raiden 2 code and do a proper modern port, superior sound emulation to MAME rather than bypassing it entirely and hacking in samples etc.

I don't know, that's just the general feeling I'm getting...that people see these as 0 effort ports and in light of other offerings with arrange modes, redone HD graphics etc. expect better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

White 3DS XL with Mario kart 7 currently on amazons Black Friday sale for £139.99. Only an hour left and 90% claimed.

They Also have puppeteer on the PS3 for £16.99 which I bought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Really?
    I play both Raiden Project and Raiden DX in tate and they're great.
    DX is simply an amazing game, I don't think I'll ever sell it. (Before buying it again)

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Really?
    I play both Raiden Project and Raiden DX in tate and they're great.
    DX is simply an amazing game, I don't think I'll ever sell it. (Before buying it again)

The Raiden Project has tate issues as it doesn't remap the controls. I think that issue only happens with the US version though. I've been meaning to test my own disc since that last came up but never got around to it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

Just saw on Facebook that Retropolis has 3 for €10 on all games today. I gave a call in yesterday (when I eventually found it), nice lads but selection was limited. Their table at Eirtakon was better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm pretty sure the Raiden Legacy on GOG is the same game that's been available on Android for a while now (by DotEmu). So basically emulated versions with some extras. The Android version is great so I'd imagine the GOG one just as good - esp if you have a stick to use and a vert monitor.

The only reason the iCade got an airing this year was to play Raiden Legacy on it, sadly the buttons are sh1te but it's playable and fun.
    Must get rid of the iCade.... it's an albatross I keep tripping over, to mix a few metaphors there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The only reason the iCade got an airing this year was to play Raiden Legacy on it, sadly the buttons are sh1te but it's playable and fun.
    Must get rid of the iCade.... it's an albatross I keep tripping over, to mix a few metaphors there....

It's not as bad if you replace the stick and buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Retro videogame console going for an ok price on GrabOne.

http://www.grabonestore.ie/handheld-games-console

It's a genuine Sorny PXP!!

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    Retro videogame console going for an ok price on GrabOne.

http://www.grabonestore.ie/handheld-games-console

It's a genuine Sorny PXP!!

I believe thats the fabled machine upon which you can get Crish Bondicoot, Gad of Wor and a whole host of games originally released on the Saga Magadrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I believe thats the fabled machine upon which you can get Crish Bondicoot, Gad of Wor and a whole host of games originally released on the Saga Magadrive!

Not like the glory day games like Golden Axe. Well, now you can play all the classics!

Sure you don't want one;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Seems like Stone Age Gamer are making room for the new Everdrive V2,
    They're selling off the remaining SNES V1 boards for 52 euro for the board with dsp chip included and 44 for the one without. The prices are board only but include shipping.

https://www.stoneagegamer.com/super-everdrive-board-only-v1.html

https://www.stoneagegamer.com/super-everdrive-v1-board-only-dsp-1.html

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Seems like Stone Age Gamer are making room for the new Everdrive V2,
    They're selling off the remaining SNES V1 boards for 52 euro for the board with dsp chip included and 44 for the one without. The prices are board only but include shipping.

https://www.stoneagegamer.com/super-everdrive-board-only-v1.html

https://www.stoneagegamer.com/super-everdrive-v1-board-only-dsp-1.html

What difference will the V2 have?

Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »

The Mega Everdrive version 2 had an in game menu which would allow you to jump back out of the game and select new ones (rather than getting up and resetting the console)

Gives it a bit more of an emulator type feeling I think. I guess they're aiming for something similar with the new Super Everdrive.

Depends on if you were in London in the mid 1940's....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Depends on if you were in London in the mid 1940's....

It must have been a scary time for you ;)

Steve SI wrote: »
    It must have been a scary time for you ;)

Well rocket technology was definitely something Cidey had not encountered during WW1, so I'd say it did kinda take him by surprise somewhat. But having lived through a previous world war, he had faith in the Allies to see the Gerries out.

Master of the Universe

Well rocket technology was definitely something Cidey had not encountered during WW1, so I'd say it did kinda take him by surprise somewhat. But having lived through a previous world war, he had faith in the Allies to see the Gerries out.

Plus he was also beginning to lose his hearing at that stage, often mistaking the sounds of air raid sirens as the Zulu hoards attacking his battalion of red coats in the Zulu Kingdom.

• Advertisement

Plus he was also beginning to lose his hearing at that stage, often mistaking the sounds of air raid sirens as the Zulu hoards attacking his battalion of red coats in the Zulu Kingdom.

Not at all.
    After a moments confusion before the battle I wound up fighting with the Zulu side, my weapon being a sharpened mango on a stick.
    Many redcoats died that day, mostly the ones allergic to mangoes.....
    If you see a pasty Zulu warrior in any of the art of the time it's probably me. ... good times....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Cart only Mario and Yoshi on the NES, 60 Euro! turned down an offer of 22, I cant believe the price some people are asking for NES games now, its crazy.

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/mario-yoshi-nes-nintendo-game/3864840

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Cart only Mario and Yoshi on the NES, 60 Euro! turned down an offer of 22, I cant believe the price some people are asking for NES games now, its crazy.

That games is on ebay BIN for €15:eek:

people are asking mad money for retro stuff on adverts, only recently I seen someone looking for €150 for an unboxed NES with 4 common games.
    on ebay I see similar auctions ending at €50.
    There's a game cube with 5 games up for there for €200, I think I paid €15 for mine, granted mine had no games but €200 is mad money

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/maverick-pinball-machine/4356648

Maverick Pinball up on adverts, nice looking machine but I wouldn't have any interest in it, when i do finally get one it will be for a licence I actually like

Sundodger5 is a member here!
    I'm in the same boat as you JAck.
    I'm gonna try get a good wad of cash together next year and see what happens.........

Yeah I was talking to him during the year about that machine. Seems like a really nice chap, hope he gets a good sale

I'd love to get Demolition Man or something cheesy like that

• Advertisement

If a GNR or BTTF ever pops up over this side of the water its mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

keithgeo wrote: »

That Seller is particularly mental.

If a GNR or BTTF ever pops up over this side of the water its mine!

You can have GNR but no dibs on BTTF! :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A friend of mine is trying to buy a SNES for christmas, anyone care to point me in the direction of where they might find one? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A friend of mine is trying to buy a SNES for christmas, anyone care to point me in the direction of where they might find one? :)

Retopolis in the Mingle Marcade on Camden St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Achilles wrote: »
    Retopolis in the Mingle Marcade on Camden St.
    there only like 35 there when in stock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Flaregon wrote: »

Not a 3DS owner myself but I did spot Virtua Tennis 4 on Vita for 5 quid at the bottom of that page, so cheers! :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not a 3DS owner myself but I did spot Virtua Tennis 4 on Vita for 5 quid at the bottom of that page, so cheers! :)

nor am I but the fact that u can most likely trade them in at cex and make like 5-10 just points out how good it is lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Awesome SG bargain here :)

Nice pinball on adverts

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/pinball-machine/4402715

looks like she need a bit of a scrub on the right side but still a really nice machine

Nice pinball on adverts

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/pinball-machine/4402715

looks like she need a bit of a scrub on the right side but still a really nice machine

Nice looking machine, wonder why such poor quality photos, I know if I was ever selling mine it would be playfield shots without the glass.
    If they are his photos I wonder what else he's got, see some others on the left and right

Actually photo 3 they are US plugs so I wonder if they are actually his photos

Yeah I was wondering that too, you'd really want some nice pics to urge someone into dropping over 800 on something. What pinball do you have cathal?

They are not pictures of his machine
    http://www.reachoo.com/ads/179831401

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement