Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mature decision in a sexless marriage

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

A lot of people seem to think the mature decision when you have kids is to break up and leave if you aren't happy with your sex life. I think that's fairly immature as its not very fair on the kids. Parents can love each other but be sexually frustrated also as they want to pursue other people for sexual relationships. The mature decision imo would be to let each other have sex with other people and not breaking up. Being possessive of another person sexually so much that you have to either break up or stay in a marriage with no passion is not particularly mature IMO.
    how do you people dream up this crap?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

'Till bad sex do us part' or 'Till broke do us part' ,'Till looks vanish do us part'
    Why bother with marriage at all it's too fragile an institution .Just live together but leave raising children to those willing to take the rough with the smooth .

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

A lot of people seem to think the mature decision when you have kids is to break up and leave if you aren't happy with your sex life. I think that's fairly immature as its not very fair on the kids. Parents can love each other but be sexually frustrated also as they want to pursue other people for sexual relationships. The mature decision imo would be to let each other have sex with other people and not breaking up. Being possessive of another person sexually so much that you have to either break up or stay in a marriage with no passion is not particularly mature IMO.

Jesus disagrees with this.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

A lot of people confuse Love & Desire and the pop industry is responsible for most of it .Makin' love and all that nonsense talk in mags. and media articles .Little wonder people have high demands on relationships ...too much .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

philologos wrote: »
    We also have to consider that by and large marriage is better for child rearing, this is statistically sound.

Statistically better than what?

I hate pointless open ended comments with no qualifiers.

Expand please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Are you serious? After all this is the AH's section, serious topics are very limited around here! - In all seriousness, that's a STUPID IDEA.. breaking up IS better for the sake of your child(ren), by staying in a non happy environment, it is teaching your children , 'hey you might not be happy but you have children so you must suffer' or that THEY don't deserve better. It will also teach them if/when they are every in a committed relationship (or any other relationship for that matter) and theyre not happy, that they should just stay with that person (with or without children of their own).

The whole bullsh!t thing about children of divorced parents, will never have a happy a life/relationship is crap. Staying together for the sake of your child is a stupid idea. It will mentally f**k up your child's life. Do you really want? [general question,not directed towards you] Your idea is immature IMO ;)

EDIT: I re-read the last line, it doesn't really make sense, almost contradicts your previous pieces, however I still stand by my above post - non-happiness be it sexual frusrtation or other (because lets face it sex isn't everything once married!!) should never leave a person in a 'trapped state of mind' just because they now have children'.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

paddyandy wrote: »
    'Till bad sex do us part' or 'Till broke do us part' ,'Till looks vanish do us part'
    Why bother with marriage at all it's too fragile an institution .Just live together but leave raising children to those willing to take the rough with the smooth .

That's a bit harsh! Are you the type of person to believe that marriage and children come hand in hand?

Can two people [as you've kind of said above] 'just live together (not married)' and have children? Or this option not allowed because they're not married!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

lisaface wrote: »

Are you serious? After all this is the AH's section, serious topics are very limited around here! - In all seriousness, that's a STUPID IDEA.. breaking up IS better for the sake of your child(ren), by staying in a non happy environment, it is teaching your children , 'hey you might not be happy but you have children so you must suffer' or that THEY don't deserve better. It will also teach them if/when they are every in a committed relationship (or any other relationship for that matter) and theyre not happy, that they should just stay with that person (with or without children of their own).

The whole bullsh!t thing about children of divorced parents, will never have a happy a life/relationship is crap. Staying together for the sake of your child is a stupid idea. It will mentally f**k up your child's life. Do you really want? [general question,not directed towards you] Your idea is immature IMO ;)

EDIT: I re-read the last line, it doesn't really make sense, almost contradicts your previous pieces, however I still stand by my above post - non-happiness be it sexual frusrtation or other (because lets face it sex isn't everything once married!!) should never leave a person in a 'trapped state of mind' just because they now have children'.

You can have a great relationship but still feel sh1t that you aren't satisfied sexually because ypu yearn for novelty and sex with new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Damn, half of the posters i this thread are banned or have closed accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Eh thread is from 2012...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement