Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Posy wrote: »
    Even people who kill insects without batting an eyelid upset me. :o

I have actually walked in after standing on a snail, crying, and my mother looks at me as if I'm from the moon! Even wasps (and the fear I have of them is INTENSE) are subject to the wavey newspaper, bat out the window job! In my mind they all have little families and lives!

Been having a bit of a crap week, even though there's been some great moments- so I suppose, to summarise, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I've opened a bottle of wine, and put on matching pj's (you know things are going down if the pyjama's match!) and i'm just going to kick back and, well, think about life, I guess. Is that sad :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

To be honest I think a decent gauge of people's character is seeing how they treat animals.
    Very true. How someone treats animals and how someone treats retail staff or waiters/waitresses is always a good/bad sign of their character to me.

If I go to McDonalds with someone and they won't clear away their tray because 'it's not my job' or 'let the staff clear the table, it's what they get paid for' alarm bells start to ring immediately! :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Having some Aldi apple strudel now. Absolutely love this stuff.

€1.29 in Aldi, can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Very true. How someone treats animals and how someone treats retail staff or waiters/waitresses is always a good/bad sign of their character to me.

If I go to McDonalds with someone and they won't clear away their tray because 'it's not my job' or 'let the staff clear the table, it's what they get paid for' alarm bells start to ring immediately! :eek: :o

that wrecks my head when people just leave piles of rubbish on tables, like the bin is there to be used just pick stuff up and dump it when you're leaving, it may be part of that persons job but its something you can make a bit easier by not being a selfish arse as well. its the same when people in shops pick something up off a shelf and put it back somewhere different, like wtf?! theres a space left where you just took it from, put it back there! when you have a few years retail and customer service under your belt you just feel for everyone who works in the same environment, the public are assholes.

I think working with the public has made me hate people, like theres some people I like, friends and family and whatnot, but honestly I could go a week without speaking to someone and it wouldnt bother me in the slightest, I go to the cinema during the day when i know there'll be nobody there, I do my weekly shop late at night at an out of the way tesco thats normally empty and use the self service till, purely so I dont have to queue up behind some whingebag who will hold up the queue for ten minutes complaining over a few cents. ever see I Am Legend? that'd be heaven for me, minus the vampires lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I'm nicer to animals than I am to people. I have a quick temper and have a retort for everything (having the last word is an illness) even worse, I'll say it outloud instead of pretending things are fine.

But I love animals. I love children. I love old people. It's people who are able to defend themselves, and who choose to belittle or be mean or disrespectful to me, that I have no problem giving a verbal lashing to.

The way I see it is if you're going to be a bitch, be prepared to meet the bitch.

• Advertisement

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Been having a bit of a crap week, even though there's been some great moments- so I suppose, to summarise, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I've opened a bottle of wine, and put on matching pj's (you know things are going down if the pyjama's match!) and i'm just going to kick back and, well, think about life, I guess. Is that sad :(
    Not sad at all. Everyone is entitled to some self pity and 'pyjama and wine' time. :)
    I have actually walked in after standing on a snail, crying, and my mother looks at me as if I'm from the moon!
    One morning at home, I had been washing my face in the bathroom and a moth flew right into the sink. I really love moths and turned off the tap straight away and tried to fish it out. I got the moth out but it was soaked. It was flapping around and bits of it's wings were coming off. It was still alive but coming apart like wet tissue paper! I felt like I couldn't leave it to suffer so had to kill it. :(
    I was distraught. I'm still upset thinking about it.
    I went straight downstairs afterwards and sat at the breakfast table and just burst into tears. My family didn't know what was going on as I bawled hysterically about my vain attempts to save the poor moth.
    I'm pretty sure they thought I'd gone completely mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Now I'm thinking of the time my car (not me driving, but MY car) hit a rabbit... Heartbreaking.

I am going to have a 'War of the Worlds' night (Jeff Wayne, not the crappy Tom Cruise film), and get flaaaaaaaaaaming on my own. I actually don't care- sometimes I enjoy these nights more than I would the ones with my friends!

I'm nicer to animals than I am to people. I have a quick temper and have a retort for everything (having the last word is an illness) even worse, I'll say it outloud instead of pretending things are fine.

But I love animals. I love children. I love old people. It's people who are able to defend themselves, and who choose to belittle or be mean or disrespectful to me, that I have no problem giving a verbal lashing to.

The way I see it is if you're going to be a bitch, be prepared to meet the bitch.

I'd love if I could have a "speak your mind" day every week at work, the stress relief would be amazing just calling customers out on their bullsh1t instead of doing the customer care thing and agreeing with them even though they're complete idiots. I 've had some horrible sh1t said to me over the years dealing with the public so am pretty thick skinned about it now, but I'd verbally destroy someone who pushes me.

krudler wrote: »
    when you have a few years retail and customer service under your belt you just feel for everyone who works in the same environment, the public are assholes.
    I have worked in retail since the age of 18. I used to work in McDonalds when I was in college, and my God, It was hard work. Even when I used to work in the kitchen, away from the public and screaming children, it was bad because the kitchens are SO HOT and I'd constantly get badly scalded by the grills.

I have also worked in the bookies for years and had furniture thrown at me, guns pointed at me, and verbal abuse so bad that if someone walked up to me in the street, today and SCREAMED in my face "F***ING C**T. I'll F***ING KILL YOU, WHORE" I wouldn't even bat an eyelid because I was used to being threatened and shouted at 45 hours a week for so many years.

As a result, I am NICE to people in retail. I will not yell down the phone at the person on the other end if I'm calling a company with a complaint because it's not actually that particular person's fault. I will not open packets of things in shops and leave them there or mess up the displays and I will not treat someone like a moran just because they're on the other side of the till.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Now I'm thinking of the time my car (not me driving, but MY car) hit a rabbit... Heartbreaking.

I am going to have a 'War of the Worlds' night (Jeff Wayne, not the crappy Tom Cruise film), and get flaaaaaaaaaaming on my own. I actually don't care- sometimes I enjoy these nights more than I would the ones with my friends!

you cant do that without this then

• Advertisement

Oh, and Krudler, I've said many times here that my dream is to live, all alone, in a lighthouse so I totally understand how dealing with customers day in/day out can make you hate mankind sometimes!

I have worked in retail since the age of 18. I used to work in McDonalds when I was in college, and my God, It was hard work. Even when I used to work in the kitchen, away from the public and screaming children, it was bad because the kitchens are SO HOT and I'd constantly get badly scalded by the grills.

I have also worked in the bookies for years and had furniture thrown at me, guns pointed at me, and verbal abuse so bad that if someone walked up to me in the street, today and SCREAMED in my face "F***ING C**T. I'll F***ING KILL YOU, WHORE" I wouldn't even bat an eyelid because I was used to being threatened and shouted at 45 hours a week for so many years.

As a result, I am NICE to people in retail. I will not yell down the phone at the person on the other end if I'm calling a company with a complaint because it's not actually that particular person's fault. I will not open packets of things in shops and leave them there or mess up the displays and I will not treat someone like a moran just because they're on the other side of the till.

It genuinely baffles me that people think screaming down a phone is the best way to get your problem resolved, if you're talking to a competent agent its the worst way, I have so much more time for people who ring with an issue, calmly explain it and realise I cant just push one button and fix it (well sometimes I can). People get annoyed, hell I do too, but I'm not going to ring somewhere and start shouting like a petulant child about my white people problems. like last week I had a customer ROARING at me because she got a bill alert at 8.30 am, her phone had done some update during the night and charged her a bit of data, and it alerted her as such, but apparently it woke her up on her day off, and this was akin to someone burning her house down with her entire family in it the way she was acting, actually Louis CK will explain modern peoples stupidity better than I can:

I love that guy, I want to be as miserable as him when I grow up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I wouldn't last a day in Krudlers job. I'd have war within the first 20 minutes. I embarrass the crap out of people because I can't hold back.

Paying for something in a shop, the assistant was on her phone never spoke said the price nothing, I handed her the money, she gave me the change never said one word, so I pipe up I wonder what charm school that igmoramus went to? My friend nearly shrank into the ground with shame but hey at least she spoke to my friend, who was next in the que.
    Or the day I went into a shop. tWas a Sunday morning, this old bint as ignorant as the day is long was down on her knees stuffing magazines into papers. She looked me from my feet up and actually sighed at me. Continued stuffing magazines into the papers and finally got up and slowly walked around to her side of the counter, a look on her face you'd swear I crapped on her breakfast. She stared at me and said "yes?" so I looked her up and down, wrinked my nose like she pooped on my breakfast and I said "I changed my mind" and walked out. My pops was mortified.

I found a hair in my dads lunch in the carvery in a "nice" hotel in my town. We were seated the entire way down the back really far away from the counter. The place was full, as it was lunch time. So I picked up the hair, fishing it out of his food, held it up right in front of my face and walked the length of the restaurant with the hair up at face level like a trophy. The manager looked like she wanted to ask me to leave - was very apologetic though.

I'm just a special kind of horrible :(

Screaming down the phone at someone is exactly how to get them to really want to go out of their way to help you.
    Moron. :pac:

Ha, this Louis C.K guy seems to talk a lot of sense.

I'm just a special kind of horrible :(
    Ah, but you're nice to animals, so that's all okay. ;)

Screaming down the phone at someone is exactly how to get them to really want to go out of their way to help you.
    Moron. :pac:

Ha, this Louis C.K guy seems to talk a lot of sense.

he's the best comedian in the world right now,hands down

or Daniel Tosh, who's a whole other breed of offensive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

It's not often I fall in love with an album but Foster the People's album....

MY GOD! IT FEELS LIKE I'M 16 AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I'm watching some American teen drama thingy called Switched At Birth. 2 girls got switched at birth (bet ya didn't see that comin!!) and found their real parents blah blah blah. One of the girls is deaf, and as stupid as this sounds, I really wanna learn sign language after watching it.

I wanted to learn it for a while, signed up for some classes but never got a chance.

Google is open and is currently finding me some sign language courses in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm watching some American teen drama thingy called Switched At Birth. 2 girls got switched at birth (bet ya didn't see that comin!!) and found their real parents blah blah blah. One of the girls is deaf, and as stupid as this sounds, I really wanna learn sign language after watching it.

I wanted to learn it for a while, signed up for some classes but never got a chance.

Google is open and is currently finding me some sign language courses in Dublin :)

Ahahahaha I used to love that on TG4! Thought me and my mam were the only ones who watched it!

What a terrible show. I found it funny even though it wasn't a comedy. But also highly addictive. Wonder can I watch in online :pac:

In the meantime try YouTube or something, might have some sign language lessons maybe?

Ahahahaha I used to love that on TG4! Thought me and my mam were the only ones who watched it!

What a terrible show. I found it funny even though it wasn't a comedy. But also highly addictive. Wonder can I watch in online :pac:

In the meantime try YouTube or something, might have some sign language lessons maybe?

It's soooo addictive! Don't even get me started on the lying game or pretty little liars! Can you tell I have no life beyond work?! haha go me!
    You probably can find it online, somewhere! I download it.

Yeah sounds good, thanks for that. It will give me something to do anyway, release me from my addition to crappy american programs haha! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Ugh! Men!
    Ugh!!!
    Rant over :s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

sarahbro wrote: »
    Ugh! Men!
    Ugh!!!

Hope you're ok sarah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Ugh! Men!
    Ugh!!!

Hope you're ok sarah!

he's annoying me while he's asleep!
    How is that possible?? :o
    Think i'm cracking up this week lol

he's annoying me while he's asleep!
    How is that possible?? :o
    Think i'm cracking up this week lol

My boyf was grinding his teeth in his sleep the other morning and I started shouting a him to stop it :o He has a mouth guard thing to stop him from doing it but he never wears it. I hate teeth grinding!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I need sleepz now plz.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Had a dream that Mike was being a dick to me this morning (after the snooze button, when else) and I'm in a bad mood now.

I was writing a story about a guy being a complete fcuker to his girlfriend last night, so I suppose that was the reason my dream went there. Stupid characters, you're not real!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Its way too early!! The 3 hours of meetings last night really tested my ability to stay awake, given that we had had 3.5 hours pretty much straight of nutrition lectures! Starting at 9.30 - I haven't been on a train this early since last March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    Storm I'd never go out if it took me 3.5 hours to get ready, fair play to you. An hour tops for me, I get bored after that.

I have to say I hated the new episode, and I loved it before now. Two reasons for this - 1. It's all very well to laugh at them when they're English but now they're showing Irish ones it's too close to home and just embarrassing, and 2. I dealt with some travellers here a few weeks ago who ruined the so far impeccable experience I'd had with them, made me scared and angry all at the same time so I don't like em anymore.

I actually thought of you when I was watching it when they were showing the cake.

Do you get many of them asking you to make cakes for them?

It's Friday! Yay!

No plans for the weekend but I don't care. I'm freeeeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Had the strangest dreams last night, I can only imagine watching the film 'Battle Royale' before I went to sleep didn't help. Crazy film!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Argh, very tired. Was out last night for a guy in my classes birthday and must go up to Dublin with my brother now to collect and Dad and other brother from the airport. Why couldn't they have flown into Cork?! Oh well, at least I'm not driving. Woop woop. Can't wait to see the new mega-fast motor-way!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement