Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Style: Duchess of Cambridge

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oh I do! I adore pencil skirts and love the structure in this. A win for me! and the little pleats in the skirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Have to say, I'm starting to get a bit tired of her hair always being loose! It takes over her face sometimes and it's been really nice the few times she's worn it up a bit. Just think it looks a little ageing sometimes. Also, I like the skirt and top from the recent pictures individually but think either would have looked better with something plainer. The "costume-y-ness" is too OTT and cheapens the overall look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I like the skirt but the blouse is too much with the buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

That outfit is awful:eek:.

Very OTT with detailing on both the blouse and the skirt, and to be honest, it looks like somthing you would pick up in Penneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Way too much going on with this outfit. It would have worked if the skirt was plain or the blouse was plain. Together, no in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I really like Kate's casual look here. The purple sweater and skinny jeans really suit her.
    Also I love her hair up

Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-Romantic-at-Holyrood-Park-Edinburgh-6.jpg

Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-Romantic-at-Holyrood-Park-Edinburgh-7.jpg

Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Tesco+Supermarket+qhO_RCQDJ4Bl.jpg

Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Tesco+Supermarket+CWoSOOvh90Hl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I like the casual look :) She is very thin though isn't she! Those pictures just emphasise her small size I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

They're wearing matching tops!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I think she is just perfection :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

William doesn't look too impressed in those photos!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The first picture looks like they've been thrown 20 years into the future! She's looks far older than her years. I do like the outfits though, very simple and chic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Twee. wrote: »
    The first picture looks like they've been thrown 20 years into the future! She's looks far older than her years. I do like the outfits though, very simple and chic.

He's always seemed to dress far older than he is, no doubt it'll rub off on Catherine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pythia wrote: »
    William doesn't look too impressed in those photos!

But I do like the fact he's in glasses.....rawr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

There's a section in this weeks Hello magazine dedicated to her fashion over the last couple of months, in particular the trip to Canada and the US. I think one of the nicest thing she ever wore was the pearl/sequinned like Jenny Packham dress - just stunning!!

Pictured last night at a charity gala for the Children's Bereavement Charity.

I think the red is lovely on her and the draping of the fabric just beautiful.
    (Don't know what is going on with William's tux in this pic though :pac:)

article-2049101-0E5EC97C00000578-256_634x983.jpg

Love it, love it! She is very thin looking, but I guess she always is on the slender side. I think this dress is just perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Colour is gorgeous on her. But I don't like the style of dress at all. It ages her so much and the v-neck is not flattering on her.
    She has some really nice clothes but overall I wouldn't like to raid her wardrobe.

I do understand that she doesn't have the freedom to dress any way at all though, so I admire her for always looking pulled together, even going to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Generally I do like her sense of style, but she's just so thin that I find it's ageing her terribly. You need some plumpness about the face and I just think she's going to look old beyond her years if she remains as thin as she is.

There's no doubting she's extremely elegant and does have an excellent sense of fashion- wearing what's appropriate and yet not boring. I just can't help thinking that things would look a bit better on her if she put on a couple of pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lmfao4eva

She looks like she is in her forties in that pic

lmfao4eva wrote: »
    She looks like she is in her forties in that pic

Agreed. She looks more like Sophie Wessex's age than Prince Williams. Dress is gorgeous though. Nice step away from the navys she tends to wear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2054129/Kate-Middleton-scar-Serious-childhood-operation-left-huge-mark-Duchess-head.html

Kate is so so thin :( I think she'd look better with a little meat on her. She looks fabulous in the dress though. I love the beading/shoulder detail.

article-2054129-0E8E2EC500000578-493_634x853.jpg

article-2054129-0E8E304100000578-677_634x428.jpg

article-2054129-0E8EAB4700000578-496_634x797.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

That dress is horrible imo.
    The detailing cheapen it so much. It looks like a longer version of a dress you'd pick up in Japan/Swamp/etc.
    Big thumbs down from me on this one.

Agreed, she is very thin though. And judging from past photos I don't know how 'natural' it is.

Yikes she looks so thin in that dress! The top part is not flattering at all but I think the colour is beautiful and compliments her skin tone and I love how the skirt part falls, it's looks so feminine and light.

I just wish she would relax and put on a couple of pounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2056571/Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-set-emotional-visit-packing-aid-boxes-send-area-Africa-got-engaged.html

Love the boots, not sure about the coat though. It's a nice colour, but I'm not sure the style of it suits her.

article-2056571-0EA3201B00000578-349_634x523.jpg

article-2056571-0EA31FB500000578-211_634x988.jpg

article-2056571-0EA325F900000578-73_306x527.jpg

article-2056571-0EA355BA00000578-111_196x440.jpg

article-2056571-0EA32D9E00000578-739_634x455.jpg

• Advertisement

Is it that it's too big?? It actually looks like it is propping her head up or something. Her head looks photoshopped in that pic with Princess Mary...I think the colour is a bit too draining on her too, a bit too old?..oh Kate, your choices are not too good these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh wow, she is just so teeny tiny. I like the above dress though!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Is it that it's too big?? It actually looks like it is propping her head up or something. Her head looks photoshopped

That's exactly what I thought! Her head must be too big for her body or something, it just looks bizarre. I like her a lot but she's just way way way too thin.

I think she's after losing more weight and is looking rather bony, more meat on a butchers knife! I do like the dress, think she could look a little more tanned to pull off the light colour, but she still looked nice.

Agree with other posters about the coat looking too big, it's like a bulky load of material thrown over her and her legs poke out underneath.

Hope she's not losing her style status!!
    :D

I absolutely love this on her, perfect combination of classic, appropriate and glam!

article-2076265-0F3A556F00000578-604_634x905.jpg

article-2076265-0F3A5E2C00000578-981_306x654.jpg

article-2076265-0F3A6E4000000578-878_306x664.jpg

• Advertisement

^^dress is stunning on her. Is it velvet?

I think its really boring. The dress, the accessories..

Yeah it's velvet. Brighter accessories would have been nice but one thing at a time with her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Molly1983

I reas somewhere that the neck piece and bracelet were wedding presents. Stunning dress btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Flipping 'eck - is velvet back in fashion? (Time to run for the hills - you have to be as skinny as Kate is in order to wear it)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2078602/Kate-Middleton-opts-festive-berry-shade-celebrate-Christmas-Sandringham.html

So what's the consensus on her outfit for her first Royal Christmas? While I wouldn't necessarily wear a coat that length, I do think she looked lovely and the colour wasn't too "school uniform" wine or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I loved the colour, think it suited her very well.

Advertisement