Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mandela effect

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Allan Blandford

I have been researching day and night for the last week or so about this, I mean geography, history, science, medicine , they are all different from what they were history is different especially world war one and two,
    Christianity is completely different and the history of it . The whole of Europe is different and America, in fact the whole world is different.
    Human internal organs are located differently than they were, the human hart used to be on the left hand side of the chest, now it is about centered, the liver used to be on the lower left side, now the liver is higher up and on the right side, the intestines are different as well, the brain seems different to me also .
    If a surgeon did not know they had crossed over into this parallel universe they would probably cut in the wrong places during operations ! and even GPs would be doing things wrong like maybe giving injections in the wrong area. if they did not find out about the cross over or shift or whatever you want to call it , to this side or parallel world.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

I have been researching day and night for the last week or so about this, I mean geography, history, science, medicine , they are all different from what they were history is different especially world war one and two,
    Christianity is completely different and the history of it . The whole of Europe is different and America, in fact the whole world is different.
    Human internal organs are located differently than they were, the human hart used to be on the left hand side of the chest, now it is about centered, the liver used to be on the lower left side, now the liver is higher up and on the right side, the intestines are different as well, the brain seems different to me also .
    If a surgeon did not know they had crossed over into this parallel universe they would probably cut in the wrong places during operations ! and even GPs would be doing things wrong like maybe giving injections in the wrong area. if they did not find out about the cross over or shift or whatever you want to call it , to this side or parallel world.
    what?

m1ck007 wrote: »
    what?

The Mandela effect, people, me included have clear memories which do not match up with this reality .

In the city centre of Dublin it is Stepehen's Green not Saint Stephen's Green because there is no Saint Stephen in the parallel Earth's history .

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

who was Stephen so?

who was Stephen so?

I never found out who he was but he was not a saint.
    The school that I went to is similar but close up the architecture is different and the church near the school is different as well . The landscape around there is different and there are walls which were not there before and they look very old in that they have not been built within at least 50 years.
    Kilkenny is way further south than it was .
    I am certain of the location of Bristol because I have a relation who lived and worked there for years, it was on the south east of the UK, it was right at the ocean on the south east of the UK, today it is on the south west of the UK. Bristol has moved to the other side of the country and looking up the history, its says Bristol has always been there on the south west of England .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

I never found out who he was but he was not a saint.
    The school that I went to is similar but close up the architecture is different and the church near the school is different as well . The landscape around there is different and there are walls which were not there before and they look very old in that they have not been built within at least 50 years.
    Kilkenny is way further south than it was .
    I am certain of the location of Bristol because I have a relation who lived and worked there for years, it was on the south east of the UK, it was right at the ocean on the south east of the UK, today it is on the south west of the UK. Bristol has moved to the other side of the country and looking up the history, its says Bristol has always been there on the south west of England .

What ocean is on the south coast of England.. There is a sea..

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Can you honestly say OP that you don't have some form of confirmation bias none of the things you've listed can't be explained by you just not knowing history, geography and anatomy very well, something that most people don't anyway. now if you had been a surgeon in the other universe then your memories would be trustworthy, but you're using you're memories of history geography and anatomy and comparing them to facts and saying it doesn't add up. Well it didn't have to add up that's why looking at world maps, anatomy posters etc. is so interesting because these are things we don't know, our trend to forget quite soon after learning them.
    Going by your logic all of the guests and 90% of the audience of QI are proving they're from a parrallel universe everytime the klaxon goes off. (If you haven't watched QI don't start it'll freak you out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

colly4211 wrote: »
    Why am I reading this thread?
    m1ck007 wrote: »
    What **** are you guys taking?

Mod: If you have nothing to contribute (be it constructive criticism or shared belief in this), then don't post at all. Warnings/infractions/bans will follow for further belittling or derailing.

• Advertisement

Rachiee wrote: »
    Can you honestly say OP that you don't have some form of confirmation bias none of the things you've listed can't be explained by you just not knowing history, geography and anatomy very well, something that most people don't anyway. now if you had been a surgeon in the other universe then your memories would be trustworthy, but you're using you're memories of history geography and anatomy and comparing them to facts and saying it doesn't add up. Well it didn't have to add up that's why looking at world maps, anatomy posters etc. is so interesting because these are things we don't know, our trend to forget quite soon after learning them.
    Going by your logic all of the guests and 90% of the audience of QI are proving they're from a parrallel universe everytime the klaxon goes off. (If you haven't watched QI don't start it'll freak you out)

I went to school here in Ireland and where I come from that is/was a very good education, world maps were studied daily in class and human anatomy, but besides that I am always checking locations of places on maps and the internet.
    I can honestly say that I do not have confirmation bias.
    When I started reading about the Mandela effect on the internet a few weeks ago, I thought that those claiming it were mistaken or remembering things wrong, but since I have started checking things to be sure, I have noticed this with myself, I have clear memories of a different world to this one and very different in some ways such as geography, history and anatomy.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Which came first, your sense that things didnt fit, or learning about the effect?

Oryx wrote: »
    Which came first, your sense that things didnt fit, or learning about the effect?

The observation of things being different came first, I was looking at a program about Australia on television a while ago and got upset about it because it was not right, the location of Australia, and at that time I had no idea about the Mandela effect or being from a parallel universe. And many other things like the location of San Francisco, that was not on the east coast of the US, it was down inland on the south end of the USA, and that was upsetting because it was out of location, that was also before I found out about this Mandela effect.

I think it is upsetting to people who do not know about this, but when they find out, it is not as upsetting because there is a logical explanation, which explanation for this effect is parallel universes, infinite parallel universes that are different from each other, I think that is the fourth dimension - infinite different physical universes and infinite possibilities .

So how do you explain your shift from somewhere else ?

Oryx wrote: »
    So how do you explain your shift from somewhere else ?

I think it is not a physical shift, not a shift of the physical body but a shift of consciousness from another universe to this body in this universe, I presume that the consciousness that was with this body has gone elsewhere into another parallel universe .
    I do not know when it happened and also I do not know why it happened, maybe it is a natural phenomenon or maybe something happened to the Multiverse which has caused this .

• Advertisement

The Inuit people are saying the earth has changed, I do not think so, my theory is that they have shifted to here from a parallel universe where the earth is similar to but not exactly the same as here.

"The elders declare that the sun rises at a different position now, not where it used to previously. They also have longer daylight to hunt now, the sun is much higher than earlier, and it gets warmer much quickly. Other elders across the north also confirmed the same thing about the sky changing when interviewed." Quote from the following link :

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2015/04/earth-has-shifted-inuit-elders-issue.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Inuit people are saying the earth has changed, I do not think so, my theory is that they have shifted to here from a parallel universe where the earth is similar to but not exactly the same as here.

"The elders declare that the sun rises at a different position now, not where it used to previously. They also have longer daylight to hunt now, the sun is much higher than earlier, and it gets warmer much quickly. Other elders across the north also confirmed the same thing about the sky changing when interviewed." Quote from the following link :

Greenwich observatory begs to differ. As does Newgrange, incidentally...

In the universe the Inuit have come from the sun rises at a different position on earth than it does here in this universe .
    The differences they have noticed are the differences of Earth in the different universes.
    They do not know they are from another universe with a parallel Earth that is similar to this earth but not exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattottam

If you really believe in what you're saying turn yourself at the closest physics university, you are worth a nobel prize at least... otherwise I suggest you to read a basic physics book before talking about multiverse and quantum mechanics, what is happening to you is the basic of how memory works, people's brain tend to create new memories instead of having a blurry image of, for instance, where is new zeland on the world map. Seriously dude, you are not from another universe, but I think that you would love to learn real physics, look into it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

When I started traveling a bit for work I remember Dublin to Frankfurt being a 2 hour flight. I took it 6 maybe 7 times. Last time I went it was 1 hour 20 mins and everyone that travels there says its always been 1 hour 20 mins. Other than that, I have nothing.

• Advertisement

LeBash wrote: »
    When I started traveling a bit for work I remember Dublin to Frankfurt being a 2 hour flight. I took it 6 maybe 7 times. Last time I went it was 1 hour 20 mins and everyone that travels there says its always been 1 hour 20 mins. Other than that, I have nothing.

That could be because Frankfurt is closer to Dublin in this universe.
    If you have any encyclopedias, history books or world maps where you live if you look in them they could be different from what was in them. The books I have are different, so are some of my DVD movies but I have not watched them all yet, Terminator 2 is different and so is War of the worlds with Tom Cruise .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

That could be because Frankfurt is closer to Dublin in this universe.
    If you have any encyclopedias, history books or world maps where you live if you look in them they could be different from what was in them. The books I have are different, so are some of my DVD movies but I have not watched them all yet, Terminator 2 is different and so is War of the worlds with Tom Cruise .

What's different in Terminator 2 & War of the Worlds?

Like I posted, I was certain that it's Interview with a Vampire...I checked with my sister who is a big Anne Rice fan and she said it was Interview with the Vampire...

i remember seeing the Bourne Identity for the first time, and thinking I saw one scene in it, where they're outside the 'safehouse' in the snow, before. I'm still sure I've seen it before, that they've ripped that scene from some other movie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

So, the geology, geography, and history of your universe is massively different from ours yet the names of cartoons are identical bar a single letter?

Ziphius wrote: »
    So, the geology, geography, and history of your universe is massively different from ours yet the names of cartoons are identical bar a single letter?

Thats the bit that I dont follow either. The chaos theory effect of even a small change, you'd imagine would have a ripple down into everything else.

Its an interesting experience people are reporting but the leap to the alternative reality as an explanation for it is a huge one based on nothing factual or tangible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

I think there is a lot more simple an explanation for many mis remembered things. A lot of it I think with movie titles is just semantics some people's brains correcting what they see and remembering it that way. For example interview with the vampire well that implies that there is only a single vampire to interview. Now not saying that vampires are real or not I have no idea but to me an interview with a vampire is more syntactically correct and that's how I remember the title. Not that I'm that bothered BTW. It's like mis heard lyrics and words I have a relative who used to always say old timers rather than Alzheimer's. To them that is what they heard that is what they believed to be true. As for different dimensions etc well I'd have my own theories on those but I'd not like to offend anyone so I'll leave it there.

I have found a recorded radio show discussion on youtube from june this year that has not changed since I came into this parallel world in which the host JayPee describes the location of Liverpool as being to the east of the centre of the UK with Whiby being beside it .
    While I was listening to the discussion last june I checked the location of Whitby on the internet and it was south-east of Liverpool just under and beside it with Liverpool being near the centre of the UK.
    Neither Liverpool nor Whitby were located at the coastlines, today in this parallel world Liverpool is on the west coast of the UK and Whitby is on the east coast of the UK, neither are anywhere near each other !
    In the parallel world I am from the heart is located on the left side of the chest and this is what JayPee is describing in the discussion .
    The description starts at one minute and forty seconds into the video, it is up on youtube and is called '150614 EB - Simon Parkes The Bell, Philadelphia Experiment, ET Involment' :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpX1KGNvT0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The entire reason Liverpool exists is because it thrived as a major port during and indeed since the industrial revolution. The entire history of the British Isles would need to be turned on its head to explain how Liverpool could come to exist if it was not a coastal city, and how its role had to be served by some other port instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The entire reason Liverpool exists is because it thrived as a major port during and indeed since the industrial revolution. The entire history of the British Isles would need to be turned on its head to explain how Liverpool could come to exist if it was not a coastal city, and how its role had to be served by some other port instead.
    Ya. In this universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

I have found a recorded radio show discussion on youtube from june this year that has not changed since I came into this parallel world in which the host JayPee describes the location of Liverpool as being to the east of the centre of the UK with Whiby being beside it .
    While I was listening to the discussion last june I checked the location of Whitby on the internet and it was south-east of Liverpool just under and beside it with Liverpool being near the centre of the UK.
    Neither Liverpool nor Whitby were located at the coastlines, today in this parallel world Liverpool is on the west coast of the UK and Whitby is on the east coast of the UK, neither are anywhere near each other !
    In the parallel world I am from the heart is located on the left side of the chest and this is what JayPee is describing in the discussion .
    The description starts at one minute and forty seconds into the video, it is up on youtube and is called '150614 EB - Simon Parkes The Bell, Philadelphia Experiment, ET Involment' :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpX1KGNvT0

Hasn't changed? I thought you were form another universe? Why would certain youtube videos be from your universe?

• Advertisement

Ziphius wrote: »
    Hasn't changed? I thought you were form another universe? Why would certain youtube videos be from your universe?
    I am from a parallel universe, it is similar to here but has a very different geography and history, there would be the same human people over there with the same names as here and speak english and I presume other languages the same as here.
    I have videos and books same as in the other universe but they are different here, except for one download from youtube that I had downloaded on my computer that I have linked above, the Simon Parkes and Jay Pee in this universe are probably unaware that there is a version of them in a parallel universe and that a video iis up on youtube proving this, I tried to contact Jay Pee about this but I have had no reply.
    Why a video from a parallel universe is on youtube I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Right, then that's sorted. If you're from a parallel universe and have shifted here a la Fringe, then get you to a GP and see if he can find your liver. If it's where it should be in your world, you should be able to find more help than a random Irish message board.

It would be very peculiar for your language to be exactly the same, and most of history, but not the landmasses, and your anatomy to be different though.

That just reminded me of 'Slaughterhouse 5',

Samaris wrote: »
    Right, then that's sorted. If you're from a parallel universe and have shifted here a la Fringe, then get you to a GP and see if he can find your liver. If it's where it should be in your world, you should be able to find more help than a random Irish message board.

It would be very peculiar for your language to be exactly the same, and most of history, but not the landmasses, and your anatomy to be different though.

The first thing I noticed after the jump or 'slide' into this parallel world was that my heart felt different, it was beating differently and I could not feel it in the left part of my chest, I do not believe that this is my body, I think there is almost duplicate people in parallel worlds living similar lives but that there are some differences and that I have switched bodies with whoever was living with this body .
    I do not know who my GP is in this world, but I have been warned not to talk to them about this here because they have the power to put people into mental hospitals, in the Ireland that I come from GPs do not have that power, they are very limited in what they can do in case they would try to institutionalize people for political reasons but things work differently here, unfortunately .
    The english language is the same, it would not be peculiar if these parallel worlds were intelligently designed, are we living in a very sophisticated computer simulation where there are parellel worlds that are similar to each other.

The lifetime that I am supposed to have lived here in this parallel world I have from a vague memory of to no memory at all , relations have described happenings that I am completely blank on , there are some memories that are very vague and some memories that are scrambled.
    I remember my life in the other world clearly and there are no blank periods and it is not scrambled .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

OP have you sought medical treatment? what you describe could be symptoms of brain injury or other issues which may be impairing function. it would be good to rule this out as a possibility at least and then you can be more confident in your assertions and research. sooner rather than later would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think we're done here, again. The thread is going nowhere, and never will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement