Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

DilD wrote: »
    Whaaa!! a euro a can that's a steal!

Was thinking of doing something like that alright. Wonder do parcel motel allow alcohol deliveries

No comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

DilD wrote: »
    Whaaa!! a euro a can that's a steal!

Was thinking of doing something like that alright. Wonder do parcel motel allow alcohol deliveries

I tried this but the delivery charges to Ireland was massive, be great if there was a way around it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I'm taking a gamble on parcel motel as we speak. Say a prayer for me... ;) Not something I generally would do but decided to just take a chance.

I'm taking a gamble on parcel motel as we speak. Say a prayer for me... ;) Not something I generally would do but decided to just take a chance.

Mine is already on the way to my "friend's" address on McKinney road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

The praying or using Parcel Motel for drink?

• Advertisement

Mine now in Dublin. Should be collecting it at 7am :)

It's a grey area and plenty of more serious items that customs are interested in.

Duty on a 48 can pack is under €15, so hardly worth glancing at unless it became too frequent

The praying or using Parcel Motel for drink?

I don't pray myself, but I always like other people saying prayers for me. I feel like they might get further than me. :p

I ordered two bottles of whisky, which have shipped in Amazon packaging. It appears like it has gone well, from what I can tell...

Slurp. Ordered Friday, in my locker at 7am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Chivas 12 year old Scotch down to 30 euros in Tesco.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Chivas 12 year old Scotch down to 30 euros in Tesco.

is it nice? drink irish whiskeys myself

• Advertisement

is it nice? drink irish whiskeys myself

Very smooth Scotch, not peated (which I'm not a fan of).
    So approachable for someone who usually drinks Irish.
    It's 12 year old blend of grain and malt whiskies I think, defo worth checking out at that price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its the main rival to Johnnie Walker Black for the mass market yet premium blend; my partner prefers it but I prefer JWB - however its often cheaper, like now.

Chivas Regal 12 is completely legit and good value for €30 in my book. Posted about it recently, I had a dram on a budget flight recently and was quite taken aback by how pleasant it is. I got a lot of fig and dried fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco are running 6 for 50e on selected bottles of wine - some nice ones in the mix such as Faustino and Cune Rioja.
    Runs until Halloween.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32919075

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

rubadub wrote: »

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt we're going to see this in Ireland. Also it's only a limited run according to their website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt we're going to see this in Ireland. Also it's only a limited run according to their website.
    Like a lot of BrewDog beers, it's more a marketing gimmick than a drink. Its purpose is to keep the company mentioned in the media, and on beer forums. They don't have to produce very much to do that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It seems to be selling quite quickly in the UK so it's probably unlikely they'll send any to Ireland, unless it becomes a permanent fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mark1006

Noticed that Greenspot and Redbreast 12 are both available on Master of Malt for £37.50...Is it worth risking Parcel Motel or Address Pal? I know they don't officially take drink but there seems to be plenty anecdotal evidence of people getting away it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BeerNut wrote: »
    Like a lot of BrewDog beers, it's more a marketing gimmick than a drink. Its purpose is to keep the company mentioned in the media, and on beer forums. They don't have to produce very much to do that.

My local Aldi (Greystones) had both the knock off and the Ald IPA cans today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

My local Aldi (Greystones) had both the knock off and the Ald IPA cans today

Not sure if any use to anyone but Aldi in Blackrock had them too

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭omicron

Highwire grapefruit pale ale €1.37 for a 330ml can in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Aldi in Drimnagh has the Ald Ipa cans. Not bad, and the gimmick gave me a smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

The Brewdog stuff is grand. The Aldi fake Punk IPA is a bit too sweet for my taste. Still drinking it though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

stimpson wrote: »
    The Brewdog stuff is grand. The Aldi fake Punk IPA is a bit too sweet for my taste. Still drinking it though.

Speaking of which, their advent calendar is out...£62 delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some decent savings in Supervalu, especially on the 1litre bottles
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey/c-150302435

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

NIMAN wrote: »
    Some decent savings in Supervalu, especially on the 1litre bottles
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey/c-150302435

€26 for a litre of Powers. Can’t argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Crested was/is 25 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Geuze wrote: »
    Crested was/is 25 in Tesco.

Seems to be all gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Colking wrote: »
    Seems to be all gone ?
    Offer runs until Sunday if you can find any stock.

Advertisement