Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Katdrama

ronivek wrote: »
    They clarified the reason they rejected my application and I'm even more furious right now if that's even possible.

I won't go into details or vent here because it's not going to be of any help to anyone.

Suffice it to say anyone who is hoping to get into UCD Medicine as a mature student; don't bother. Put them on your CAO just in case you get lucky but their standards are a mixture of ridiculously high and entirely arbitrary.

Feel your frustration Ronivek, 'disappointing not to get it this year' is an understatement. You're still a strong candidate for next year tho so hope you're not calling quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Freya30

Sorry to hear that Ronviek...I didn't hold my breath in relation to UCD...I was dismissed straight away because of my HPAT results ( which I might add is a stupid exam...) didn't even look at the rest of my application by the looks of it. Fairly pissed off I can tell ya. I was looking to get feedback off tcd but my emails have gone without any reply from them.. anyone any suggestions?

Healium wrote: »
    There were 39 interviewed, and some people got a definitive no, so it won't be 24

Is the waitlist much shorter than 24, like closer to the 6 or 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Katdrama wrote: »
    Is the waitlist much shorter than 24, like closer to the 6 or 7?

I have no idea. This is the response I got; "No further offers will be made until August, if at all. The Waitlist is not ranked and it will be reviewed again in August if required."

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tribex

Healium wrote: »
    I have no idea. This is the response I got; "No further offers will be made until August, if at all. The Waitlist is not ranked and it will be reviewed again in August if required."

When did they say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

tribex wrote: »
    When did they say that?

This week

Freya30 wrote: »
    The interviews are on monday!..mine is in the afternoon so its not too bad coming from dublin. Do u have any advice for the ucc interviews...its quite short so not sure how much they can cram into 15mins!!

Hi Freya, do you know whether UCC phone or email you if you've go a place? Do they really offer the places the day after the interview (bc it's Wed now!)? Best of luck to you!

Hi Freya, do you know whether UCC phone or email you if you've go a place? Do they really offer the places the day after the interview (bc it's Wed now!)? Best of luck to you!

Heya katdrama, im not sure but i know itll be this week..were you there on monday? I know there was at least two cancellations that day. Urgh well i had eventful interview ( was sick as a parrot and they flew threw it in case i got sick again!, from dodgy food not nerves lol!).

Heya katdrama, im not sure but i know itll be this week..were you there on monday? I know there was at least two cancellations that day. Urgh well i had eventful interview ( was sick as a parrot and they flew threw it in case i got sick again!, from dodgy food not nerves lol!).

They told me 'within the week' as well, I just vaguely rmbr a post about it being the next day - also afraid to turn my phone off as it's on its way out, need a new one asap. I was there on Monday, they told me they interviewed about 20 all morning, not sure if there were more than that? I wonder were the interviews all on Monday? I was sick too! Well, not as sick as you by the sounds of it, carsick from reading in the car on the way to Cork! Only 2 days left to find out how we did so!

They told me 'within the week' as well, I just vaguely rmbr a post about it being the next day - also afraid to turn my phone off as it's on its way out, need a new one asap. I was there on Monday, they told me they interviewed about 20 all morning, not sure if there were more than that? I wonder were the interviews all on Monday? I was sick too! Well, not as sick as you by the sounds of it, carsick from
    reading in the car on the way to Cork! Only 2 days left to find out how we did so!

Well i know last time was 4.30ish for interview and mine was 2.40pm.as far as i know, interview was only monday so prob about 18 had interviews..4places so id say everyone anxious! Keep me posted anyway :) hope they inform us either way, maybe phonecall for successful and email for the unsuccessful?

• Advertisement

Well i know last time was 4.30ish for interview and mine was 2.40pm.as far as i know, interview was only monday so prob about 18 had interviews..4places so id say everyone anxious! Keep me posted anyway :) hope they inform us either way, maybe phonecall for successful and email for the unsuccessful?

It was really sound of them to fly thru your interview in case you got sick again! At least they knew it wasn't due to nerves, I was blatantly nervous & just told them so :o So much for my "I will be cool as a cucumber" Wish there were 18 places for us all, keep me posted too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Casper001

Does anyone know when the CAO offers come out? I was accepted to TCD but I'm starting to get nervous now. Good luck to all of the UCC people!!

Casper001 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the CAO offers come out? I was accepted to TCD but I'm starting to get nervous now. Good luck to all of the UCC people!!

Hey casper, i think its the 4th july..i could be wrong but for matures i think its generally first week in july

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

hey Caper a fellow tcd accepted mature student here
    i think we shud be getting the cao offers on monday.
    i rang cao the other day and they said its soon but no date.

btw good luck to all those waiting for cork offers

CAO offers are out tomorrow.
    good luck

jody24 wrote: »
    CAO offers are out tomorrow.
    good luck

Thanks jody24 !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aries14

Hi Guys,

can anybody tell me if UCC let you know either way regarding interviews? I emailed them as I have had no contact whatsoever and I just wondered if this is the same for everybody? I would have assumed that I would have received a rejection letter since I notice other people have attended for interview. I haven't had any reply to my email. The same goes for RCSI. I am on the waiting list and was told to contact mid june which I did but also no response at all :(

Aries14 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

can anybody tell me if UCC let you know either way regarding interviews? I emailed them as I have had no contact whatsoever and I just wondered if this is the same for everybody? I would have assumed that I would have received a rejection letter since I notice other people have attended for interview. I haven't had any reply to my email. The same goes for RCSI. I am on the waiting list and was told to contact mid june which I did but also no response at all :(

I asked them when do we find out if we've been accepted or not & they said within the week, so if I don't hear directly from them by tomorrow then I guess we'll be finding out regardless thru CAO since offers are tomorrow. Were you at UCC for interview too? All I know about RCSI is that their waitlist is open to review till August (GEMs & LCers affect it then).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Best of luck to everyone waiting for offers; I hope you all get good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aries14

Hi Katdrama,

no I didn't get called for interview for UCC. In fact I heard nothing at all from them either way. I assumed that I would get a rejection letter or something but I got nothing. I was just wondering if anyone else was the same. I emailed them but no response!

• Advertisement

Aries14 wrote: »
    Hi Katdrama,

no I didn't get called for interview for UCC. In fact I heard nothing at all from them either way. I assumed that I would get a rejection letter or something but I got nothing. I was just wondering if anyone else was the same. I emailed them but no response!

Same here; I've read in an older thread that UCC basically ignore unsuccessful applicants and don't even let them know they've been rejected.

Pretty disgraceful really; since anyone who doesn't follow this thread wouldn't have the first clue what's happening.

shame that i was called by the admission officer of one of colleges and she said she is putting up the mature offers for cao and not be bothered if i dont see my offer tomorrw (which is today). but i have offer from another one and havent heard at all from cao.
    has anybody received their cao offer today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 optimist90

jody24 wrote: »
    shame that i was called by the admission officer of one of colleges and she said she is putting up the mature offers for cao and not be bothered if i dont see my offer tomorrw (which is today). but i have offer from another one and havent heard at all from cao.
    has anybody received their cao offer today?

Hey Jody,
    It says on the CAO website that offers are out at 6am on the 4th of July

I read on CAO that Round A is 4 pm today & if you are successful paper offer notices are posted to you Friday evening, you also get an email & text if you selected those options. :confused:
    I kind of like living in hope a little bit longer but I can see why you'd want to know where you stand for closure as well!

I'm guessing they called successful people already during the week :(

got my tcd offfer on cao and accepted it. good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alreadyinuse

Hi guys, just wondering has anyone heard anything from UCC at all - either directly from them during the week, or via cao offers??

The wait and uncertainty is a killer!

Hi guys, just wondering has anyone heard anything from UCC at all - either directly from them during the week, or via cao offers??

The wait and uncertainty is a killer!

Did you not hear anything Friday? I didn't hear anything from them directly but I did via CAO. Friday's waiting was lethal, I am now a zombie :pac:

Did you not hear anything Friday? I didn't hear anything from them directly but I did via CAO. Friday's waiting was lethal, I am now a zombie :pac:

So you got an offer for UCC? Congratulations.

• Advertisement

ronivek wrote: »
    So you got an offer for UCC? Congratulations.

I did, it still hasn't sunk in. Received a text after 4 pm, had to read it 10 times bc I was in disbelief! It's not my first attempt, but it's my first try through mature entry, I was so close to not ticking that box on CAO app. I really hope you guys get some good news in August if you didn't just yet!

Advertisement