Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v. Tipperary, SHC QF, Semple Stadium, Thurles 4.00 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Thankfully, that horrendous first match is over, now it's time for the real hurling :)

Be careful what you wish for!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

deisedude wrote: »
    I think Daly has brought this Dublin team as far as he can

Would anyone else make a difference though? They just don't look like they've enough hurlers to me.

Very good manager, nearly won an all-ireland with Clare in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

This is dire stuff. Tipp in complete control without ever really impressing. Dublin are way off the pace and really find it hard to see them working their way back into this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Piss poor first half by The Dubs. Real shame. Daly will go if they lose and I wonder where we'll go then. Hammer and tongs for the next thirty five mins is all we can hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Would anyone else make a difference though? They just don't look like they've enough hurlers to me.

Very good manager, nearly won an all-ireland with Clare in 2005.

I think there is merit to both points. Daly has brought Dublin a long way but tactically is very limited. On the flip side, there just look to be too many players there who have been around since Dublin re-emerged and look past their best. The likes of Corcoran, Hiney, McCaffrey etc. (even the likes of Kelly and Keaney) have given Dublin great service but they aren't going to progress any further with them lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Brutal stuff from Dublin. Their touch is so poor this year, contrast that to last year they were superb on the ball. What a difference a year makes. Cant see it improving in the second half

I think there is merit to both points. Daly has brought Dublin a long way but tactically is very limited. On the flip side, there just look to be too many players there who have been around since Dublin re-emerged and look past their best. The likes of Corcoran, Hiney, McCaffrey etc. (even the likes of Kelly and Keaney) have given Dublin great service but they aren't going to progress any further with them lads.

Whose coming up behind though. I'm a bit like a broken record talking about but that 2011 team was probably their best minor team and they've lost their three best forwards off it to football, and it's forwards they really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surely a black card for Hiney.... Oh wait.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Bury it. No over the bar ****

Tipp doing there best to keep Dublin in the game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Anyone think he fairly bought it? Doesn't matter I suppose.

If this was kilkenny they would be 20 points ahead.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

Game over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was there a swipe by the Dublin keeper after the goal when he was on the ground?

kksaints wrote: »
    Game over now.

It's never over when tipp are involved.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Watching this game just makes me even more pissed off about Galway's defeat to Tipp. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Did anyone see the slap of the Hurley that Dublin goalkeeper Alan Nolan gave Bubbles O'Dwyer on the leg after he scored the goal. Pure dirt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Was there a swipe by the Dublin keeper after the goal when he was on the ground?

I thought so too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Yes I thought so, looked dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That goal came from the Dublin free that got hit out over the sideline. Dublin were actually in the game and needed that penalty to go in.

Not impressed with Tipp either but they are getting the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭webels

Tipp a class above. There is more atmosphere in a vacuum than there has been in Thurles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

marco_polo wrote: »
    I thought so too

Yea for sure, he had a sneaky swipe at John O after the goal. Very bad form. Would have been gone had the referee seen it.

Dublin players need two or three attempts to catch the ball. Tipp players first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CATwalk

Cork definitely won't fear this tipp team. Poor game severe lack of intensity. Bad year of hurling so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

webels wrote: »
    Tipp a class above. There is more atmosphere in a vacuum than there has been in Thurles today.

What is with that? Is it partly a mix of 4 different teams?
    CATwalk wrote: »
    Cork definitely won't fear this tipp team. Poor game severe lack of intensity. Bad year of hurling so far.

No reason at all for them. Tipp will be infuriating if they get that far, as I can't see them beating Cork.

Still nevous here about this game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It's never over when tipp are involved.

It is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Dublin are absolutely dreadful, big athletic fellas whose hurling skill is dreadful.

Whoever is in charge for Dublin next year they need a complete clear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

CATwalk wrote: »

i reckon tipp could take cork act. theyre quietly but efficiently going on without much fuss and improving in every match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

Mushy wrote: »
    What is with that? Is it partly a mix of 4 different teams?

No reason at all for them. Tipp will be infuriating if they get that far, as I can't see them beating Cork.

Still nevous here about this game.

Just 2 poor matches I'd say.

Advertisement