Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Savage Model 12 original Stock

Options
  • 03-05-2015 11:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not really much to say, as it is what it is. An original stock form my Savage Model 12 FTR rifle. Very shortly after buying the rifle i switched it out to an Enda Walsh custom stock. I have the original Savage buttpad (not pictured) but as you can see i've fitted an adjustable butt pad. It adjusts for vertical and horizontal positioning.

There are two holes drilled in the butt of the stock for a Karsten. The Karsten is no longer available, and the holes can be filled if the buyer wants or left if they want to fit a similar cheek riser. I have the original Savage cheek riser on the stock. This makes it a ready to drop in stock for most Savage rifles and might be suitable for some other makes with some work/bedding.

I tried some years ago to get a replacement stock for the Father's Savage Palma and found it to be tiresome and in the end fruitless. This stock is the same. Not many to no other manufacturer that i could find makes replacement stocks or even similar stocks for the Savage. There is one that does their own version but not the original.

It is made for the Model 12 which uses the G series action. Savage began to change their rifles to all accommodate the the larger 1.125" barrel profile, but in the end did not go ahead with all makes so this stock may also fit some other models such as model 10, 11, 111, 110, etc, but not others especially the smaller caliber models (rimfire, axis, etc). I have included the measurements in the pictures below to give someone interested as much detail to see if it'll fit their rifle.

I've no idea of the price of these stocks as i cannot find anyone else doing it and Savage only supply replacements & prices when buying. So looking for €149, but open to reasonable offers on that price.

As always thanks for looking.

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15293

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15294

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15283
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement