Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Is this it for the day for the show?

Might have to listen to Second Captains podcast instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

RTE slobbering again over an American President but this one only came here once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wish he'd go picking on his own thyme time

Have to say... JFK (Olilver Stone, 1991) has to be probably my favourite movie of all time... Even though a huge amount of it is conjecture, it's an engrossing film.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

hilarious story about that pen

• Advertisement

Many Irish people would have had people killed as part of The Troubles ??

This is a bit of a car crash of an interview isn't it?

missed the punchline of that last joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I take it Joe Duffy will devote his 75 minutes of national airtime on what's turning into JFK Day on RTE to the assassination and as much gory detail of the aftermath as possible.

i.e. "..and Mary, you were wuurkin' in Dallas at that toyame, did you actually seeeeeee his brains being splattered across Jackie's coat -the one that she bought in Clery's from Bang-Bang's mudder during their visit to Oire-land?"......"and coming up after the break, the priest who gave JFK the last rites"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It took fair resilience to get through that interview :eek:

• Advertisement

And we're taking a break now to return to the year 2013 for this years' news headlines and Des talking Lions....back to 1963 in a few minutes, keep your seatbelts fastened.

europa11 wrote: »
    I take it Joe Duffy will devote his 75 minutes of national airtime on what's turning into JFK Day on RTE to the assassination and as much gory detail of the aftermath as possible.

i.e. "..and Mary, you were wuurkin' in Dallas at that toyame, did you actually seeeeeee his brains being splattered across Jackie's coat -the one that she bought in Clery's from Bang-Bang's mudder during their visit to Oire-land?"......"and coming up after the break, the priest who gave JFK the last rites"

his bray ans all over Jac keys good coat Joe

Ah ffs, what about the twenty quid I put on Tahiti to win it?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

dear god..

I hope he doesn't give a PK branded "wow!" after this wailfest.

i had to tune that off

I bet they dont have Kieran Allen in the studio today..

Ok, this is actually more interesting - the rationale and the politics behind the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Ewww - I tuned in for a few minutes to find MD pedantically picking holes in JFK's speech about minor details in history and geography. Smug ar5ehole. Back to podcasts for me...

• Advertisement

I'm assuming that Ronan is gonna start off the "early lunchtime music" with a song by The Dead Presidents?

Dead Kennedys Jon

Paul Kimmage on line two Myles :D:D

Really missing Pat this week ... I find it hard to take Myles seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I cannot hack listening to Paschal Donoghue. Sounds like he is speaking in tongues half the time.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Really missing Pat this week ... I find it hard to take Myles seriously

No doubt about it, what a week PK would be having right now with those Anglo tapes.

Myles gives the impression we're already looking at the historical implications.

europa11 wrote: »
    No doubt about it, what a week PK would be having right now with those Anglo tapes.

Myles gives the impression we're already looking at the historical implications.

... and he always sounds to me like he is expecting applause for his "oh so clever and inciteful question" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Callan57 wrote: »
    ... and he always sounds to me like he is expecting applause for his "oh so clever and inciteful question" :rolleyes:
    That's the begrudger's way of saying that you notice that he asks intelligent questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That's the begrudger's way of saying that you notice that he asks intelligent questions.
    Oh for god's sake do you work for the RTE PR department or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Joe would love this Womans story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement