Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann prices

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Niles wrote: »
    I don't think it's unheard of for timetables to be submitted way before they're actually approved; IIRC BÉ submitted its revised 002 timetable a long time before they actually got the go-ahead to implement it.

Nothing wrong with that at all, in fact it would show them as being somewhat prepared and progressive but to forget/neglect something as basic and essential as updating the revisions when the route between Carlow-Dublin changed almost in its entirety is a massive oversight and shows a level of incompetence deserving of instant dismissal!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭pelluci

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What route are these fares for?

There for Carlow - Dublin this Wednesday. Seeing as the train's only €15.40 return (plus Luas) it's hard to justify getting the bus.

pelluci wrote: »
    There for Carlow - Dublin this Wednesday. Seeing as the train's only €15.40 return (plus Luas) it's hard to justify getting the bus.
    Oh they are the new on-line fares! I was a bit confused over the midweek return now being the same price as the day and monthly return!

As for your special offer fare to Dublin on the train it suits your needs but those tickets are only valid after 9.30am Monday-Friday, The normal fare to Heuston is in the region of €18.50 single/return

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭pelluci

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Oh they are the new on-line fares! I was a bit confused over the midweek return now being the same price as the day and monthly return!

As for your special offer fare to Dublin on the train it suits your needs but those tickets are only valid after 9.30am Monday-Friday, The normal fare to Heuston is in the region of €18.50 single/return

€15.40 is what I'm quoted on-line, but then there's €2 per on-line booking and €1 for Visa or Mastercard, so that discount's gone. The machine in the station has 2 fares for one day return: €15.40 and €12, so I've no idea what it's going to cost me.

pelluci wrote: »
    €15.40 is what I'm quoted on-line, but then there's €2 per on-line booking and €1 for Visa or Mastercard, so that discount's gone. The machine in the station has 2 fares for one day return: €15.40 and €12, so I've no idea what it's going to cost me.
    On Monday to Thursday and Saturday the booking office or telesales does a midweek fare of €15.40 PLUS extra for the Luas or bus, This increases to the normal fare of €18.50 on Fridays and Sundays.

If you thought that was a bit confusing there is currently an offer for fares from Carlow of €12 available for journeys after 9.30 Monday to Friday and €15 Saturday and Sunday but only for journeys single or day return starting in Carlow, also these are only available in the booking office AFAIK and again the Luas or bus add-on costs extra on top of these fares.

Advertisement