Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF competitions + prizes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

zarquon wrote: »
    "Mystery cash prize" "possible prizes" T shirts and Mugs!!!!!

I hate leagues like this. A complete waste of time considering the 15 mini league limit. I have 2 leagues last year that went silent when i claimed my prizes as advertised. They had no intention of paying out anything and were just looking for free advertising via re-tweets and facebook likes and shares.

Did you get anything off Smoothstreams?

Place has gone to the dogs lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Place has gone to the dogs lately.

No, was due a free subscription but they are ignoring me despite fobbing me off over the summer with the excuse that prizes would be sorted before the start of the new season. Don't bother entering this year if they run it again!

The service may not be perfect but unfortunately they are still probably the best of their kind unless you know of another at a similar price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks FHFC, that's superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right, Ive come across a decent looking UK pay league through twitter.

£20 into both a classic and a H2H. £1,200 in prizes last year. £500 for winner, and prizes for top 5 in classic, £120 for H2H. He's capping it a 75 teams so expecting £1500 in pot this time. Has over 60 already.

I've checked them out, they've a private Facebook group with all the members there, seems pretty solid and a decent enough bunch. I'd have come 5th and won £100 with my rank last year. They do have Jack Wain, last years number 9 in world in this year though so standard may be higher this time. However that guy came out of nowhere, I'd have beaten him the year before last in my rookie year and he was 32,500 the year before that.

I'm gonna join, despite the obvious madness of giving money to random strangers on the internet. And despite a little voice in my head saying to keep it shtumm! :) though some of yis might want to join in a little Irish invasion.

If interested the code is 12946-5734 so you can join and have a nose before paying up. Contact on twitter is @ellisiantheory to if you do want to enter.

Takes up two of your 15 league slots in the downside.

Oh yeah! They also have a trophy!!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »

£20 into both a classic and a H2H. £1,200 in prizes last year. £500 for winner, and prizes for top 5 in classic, £120 for H2H. He's capping it a 75 teams so expecting £1500 in pot this time. Has over 60 already.

I've checked them out, they've a private Facebook group with all the members there, seems pretty solid and a decent enough bunch. I'd have come 5th and won £100 with my rank last year. They do have Jack Wain, last years number 9 in world in this year though so standard may be higher this time. However that guy came out of nowhere, I'd have beaten him the year before last in my rookie year and he was 32,500 the year before that.

I'm gonna join, despite the obvious madness of giving money to random strangers on the internet. And despite a little voice in my head saying to keep it shtumm! :) though some of yis might want to join in a little Irish invasion.

If interested the code is 12946-5734 so you can join and have a nose before paying up. Contact on twitter is @ellisiantheory to if you do want to enter.

Got hit up with a DM on this earlier vua Twitter, exchange rate is a killer for me as I'm nearly at a Max on my cash leagues at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cheers. I'll be jumping in this one looks very good!

dahat wrote: »
    Got hit up with a DM on this earlier vua Twitter, exchange rate is a killer for me as I'm nearly at a Max on my cash leagues at this point.

Yeah. Over 29 fuppin euro for £20.

Should you be posting the code?

Tempted by it tbh.

Should you be posting the code?

Tempted by it tbh.

Yeah. That's how he's doing it. Has it all over twitter.

• Advertisement

Yeah. That's how he's doing it. Has it all over twitter.

Good stuff. Pretty stupid to be putting a code up for cash league before people pay.

Good stuff. Pretty stupid to be putting a code up for cash league before people pay.

Yeah we learned that lesson in the Harps one. But when it's a random strangers league probably helps promote it and for people have more confidence in it to be able to join before handing over cash.

Paid this morning. I'm in. That's my last FPL outlay.

Yeah we learned that lesson in the Harps one. But when it's a random strangers league probably helps promote it and for people have more confidence in it to be able to join before handing over cash.

Paid this morning. I'm in. That's my last FPL outlay.

Same as, shooting far beyond my skills but it will be a good test and will hopefully encourage more focus and less transfer hits.

Same as, shooting far beyond my skills but it will be a good test and will hopefully encourage more focus and less transfer hits.

Standard in this last year was lower than Harps league. The sterling exchange rate will be nicer on the prize money!! :)

Anyone else for this? Only myself and dahat seem in so far.

Standard in this last year was lower than Harps league. The sterling exchange rate will be nicer on the prize money!! :)

Sssssssshhhhhhhh........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll give it a go, looks a good amount of dead money in there with no top 100k finishes

Sssssssshhhhhhhh........

Wee bit of strength in numbers no harm! :)

How does one pay for this? Is it via the facebook group or via a DM on twitter?

How does one pay for this? Is it via the facebook group or via a DM on twitter?

Dm the guy on twitter.

• Advertisement

Dm the guy on twitter.

Waiting for him to follow me first before i can do that

Waiting for him to follow me first before i can do that

You can tweet at him as well to express interest, that's what I did

I'll give it a go, looks a good amount of dead money in there with no top 100k finishes

But there are a few good players in there i recognise! If only the FSA H2Hs were €29 a head, i'd be a lot better off ;)

But there are a few names in there i recognise! If only the FSA H2Hs were €29 a head, i'd be a lot better off ;)

Yeah, I'd say less than 10 with really good records. If I can have another lucky season, then I'll be raking the $, €, and £ in

Could all the hustlers please stay away from this league....

The infamous Edgbaston in that league now so I can finally have him as a rival

• Advertisement

Here's one of his leagues with free prizes: http://www.amcleanbookmakers.com/fantasy-football/

1st Prize
    Your choice of the following...
    An all expenses paid trip for 2 to a Man Utd match
    An all expenses paid trip for 2 to a Liverpool match
    £1,000 in cash
    PLUS ... a £20 FREE BET, and a McLean polo shirt, beanie or cap, and bottle opener
    2nd Prize

A brand new games console, a £20 FREE BET and a McLeans Polo Shirt, beanie or cap, and a bottle opener key ring.
    3rd Prize

A football kit of your choice, a £20 FREE BET and a McLeans Polo Shirt, beanie or cap, and a bottle opener key ring.
    4th-10th

A £20 FREE BET and a McLeans polo shirt and cap.

PRIZES - Monthly Winner

Top Scoring Team: £100 FREE BET

Says only open to UK & Ireland residents, but I assume I could just give my grandparents' address if I won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

That guy needs to start posting here. I'm sure he knows we're talking about him:o

The Moolah league!! The fecker is everywhere!!

Sigh.......ah well. Not like i had any sort of chance anyway.

Sigh.......ah well. Not like i had any sort of chance anyway.

That bugger is in every prize league i am in now apart from CSFs €20 league. Nemesis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That bugger is in every prize league i am in now apart from CSFs €20 league. Nemesis!!

He's not in the Boards Pay one!

Here's one of his leagues with free prizes: http://www.amcleanbookmakers.com/fantasy-football/

Says only open to UK & Ireland residents, but I assume I could just give my grandparents' address if I won

Your country is set to USA on FPL so they could refuse as part of their terms & conditions making the prize null and void.

He could be just scoping it out. The code is available without paying.

Your country is set to USA on FPL so they could refuse as part of their terms & conditions making the prize null and void.

Yeah, I popped them an email saying I'm here for Uni and still have residence back home. I can change my country if need be, I'm not in any States specific ones

Lemlin wrote: »

Its not closed yet!! He some Hound for the prize leagues! :)

He's on twitter re the Moolah one!!

Its not closed yet!! He some Hound for the prize leagues! :)

He's on twitter re the Moolah one!!

Maybe he's scouting your leagues on FPL. We know he isn't on Boards for sure?

Lemlin wrote: »

He's not in my work league either. :)
    Maybe he's scouting your leagues on FPL. We know he isn't on Boards for sure?

Yeah, looks like he is scouting FHFC. Please don't join any other cash leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not in my work league either. :)

Yeah, looks like he is scouting FHFC. Please don't join any other cash leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness i was scouting him too! :D

In fairness i was scouting him too! :D

Likewise, he is another public cash league that has 52 entrants, FPL Fizzer. It's a publically advertised code though so it's anyones guess as to how many have actually paid.

Fantasy Premier League (http://fantasy.premierleague.com) proudly presents the FPL FIZZER LEAGUE 2015/2016. Let's get Fizzercal.

£10 per season paid into NatWest account 74647733 sort code 537021, or via PayPal to "poppyzane@yahoo.co.uk", with YOUR NAME AS THE NARRATIVE. Final date for payment is 31 AUG 2015.

Prizes for final standings (1st - 6th) and 10 x Manager of the Month prizes. The prizes will be announced first week in September once numbers are known and non-paying Fizzers are deleted from the cash league.

Last year's Top Fizz was Micheal Dineen - are you man enough to take him downtown in the upcoming season?

Likewise, he is another public cash league that has 52 entrants, FPL Fizzer. It's a publically advertised code though so it's anyones guess as to how many have actually paid.

Fantasy Premier League (http://fantasy.premierleague.com) proudly presents the FPL FIZZER LEAGUE 2015/2016. Let's get Fizzercal.

£10 per season paid into NatWest account 74647733 sort code 537021, or via PayPal to "poppyzane@yahoo.co.uk", with YOUR NAME AS THE NARRATIVE. Final date for payment is 31 AUG 2015.

Prizes for final standings (1st - 6th) and 10 x Manager of the Month prizes. The prizes will be announced first week in September once numbers are known and non-paying Fizzers are deleted from the cash league.

Last year's Top Fizz was Micheal Dineen - are you man enough to take him downtown in the upcoming season?

Good spot. Can i resist going after him on this one!! :)

Good spot. Can i resist going after him on this one!! :)

I'm already in. Damn exchange rates though, it cost over €15 including paypal fees.

I'm probably spending too much on cash leagues but i made some decent money last year and it's no harm to reinvest as it actually keeps my interest to be in cash leagues. The years where i was not in cash leagues my interest waned and i intermittently put little or no effort in so it's nice to have the incentive to do well.

• Advertisement

I'm already in. Damn exchange rates though, it cost over €15 including paypal fees.

I'm probably spending too much on cash leagues but i made some decent money last year and it's no harm to reinvest as it actually keeps my interest to be in cash leagues. The years where i was not in cash leagues my interest waned and i intermittently put little or no effort in so it's nice to have the incentive to do well.

The way i see it if you take a podium position in one you outlays are gonna be covered. And if you hit a great season you clean up. Dineen made close to 3k last year at a rough count. Didn't know about the fizz one before.

For me, my small friend pay leagues that I really should win cover my entry fees to the bigger ones so I'm basically free rolling

For me, my small friend pay leagues that I really should win cover my entry fees to the bigger ones so I'm basically free rolling

Kinda the same for me. My work league basically pays for everything anyway and it's usually easy money.

Kinda the same for me. My work league basically pays for everything anyway and it's usually easy money.

Probably same for me actually. New marks, ahem, staff if work lately too. :)

Yeah, I popped them an email saying I'm here for Uni and still have residence back home. I can change my country if need be, I'm not in any States specific ones

"Hi Rob,

No, that doesn't matter. The rule is really just there as it can be difficult to arrange delivery to countries outside of the UK.

Thanks,

Megan"

Nice one

"Hi Rob,

No, that doesn't matter. The rule is really just there as it can be difficult to arrange delivery to countries outside of the UK.

Thanks,

Megan"

Nice one

1136 entries in that league so far. :eek:

With that number of users there's bound to be plenty of top 1k finishes so chances of getting anything will be slim without a stellar season

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Finally managed to get a free 6 month subscription from them. Only $72 dollars worth but every little helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

"Hi Rob,

Thanks,

Megan"

Nice one
    A GIRL????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »

Sure they're all at it now, we even have one on FSA, though I've not seen her post yet this season. Then there's lemlins wife and a load of other wags.:p

Insurance????:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

CSF wrote: »

i think the FSA girl is IsMiseMyself..... shes usually good for a first goalscorer bet

Advertisement