Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal meth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I wonder who invented it? What was he thinking?

Perhaps he was looking to make a cheap substitute for holy water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Remember one batch was found down the country and they had Fachtna Murphy (Garda Commissioner)come out and promise he wouldn't let it become mainstream here.

Excellent article about it here. Aimed at dentists but easy for anyone to understand. Mentions the fizzy drink bottle method of making it too.

http://www.irishdentist.ie/articles/articles_detail.php?id=632&authorid=392

What a joke, as if Fachtna Murphy has a say in it. Is heroin and coke only available here cos Fachtna allows it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Maybe we should hand it out in the Dail, they couldn't make any worse decisions on meth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

<SNIP>

Oh dear! Did I just introduce crystal meth into Ireland? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Nevore wrote: »
    Which is in de contestant sprays right?

Edit: congestant, damn touch screen and my fat fingers

Nah, there aren't any decongestant sprays here that contain ephedrine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Crystal Meth is a seriously ****ed up drug. I lived in Vancouver, Canada for a time back between 2007 and 2008. Meth and Heroin are serious problems, there is one area of Vancouver, East Vancouver just along Hastings street, that is ****ed up beyond belief.

btw Search Crystal Meth on Youtube. Look at the 3rd result from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Augmerson wrote: »

Check out the comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I smoked P in New Zealand. It's fairly common down there. Meth addicts are nasty looking, no teeth etc. Anyway I wasn't keen on it, bit of a rush though.
    For more info on meth watch "Breaking Bad". Awesome show.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Check out the comments

Post some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Crystal Meth is a seriously ****ed up drug. I lived in Vancouver, Canada for a time back between 2007 and 2008. Meth and Heroin are serious problems, there is one area of Vancouver, East Vancouver just along Hastings street, that is ****ed up beyond belief.

East Hastings St is one of the craziest streets in North America.. It's like Hamsterdam from The Wire season 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Where i'm east hastings street? I am looking it up in google street view and see nothing wrong:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=East+Hastings+Street,+Vancouver,+British+Columbia,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.819897,86.572266&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=E+Hastings+St,+Vancouver,+British+Columbia,+Canada&ll=49.288803,-123.068247&spn=0,0.058622&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=49.281194,-123.060045&panoid=p2q6MffpWLD3SgX6CJGf_A&cbp=12,269.63,,0,-2.22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

CorkMan wrote: »
    Where i'm east hastings street? I am looking it up in google street view and see nothing wrong:

E Hastings St and Carrall and E Hastings St and Main St have many drug outreach programs and lowlow price hotels so all the addicts and tweakers tend to congregate in these areas. The police turn a blind eye to most of what goes on down there. You should check it out after dark for a real eye opening experience. All the lanes in that general area are like an open air drug and prostitution market. Not a pretty site but a sad reality to those caught up in the largely meth related mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

So I'm looking at crystal meth videos and come across this one with pics of Shane McGowan and Owen Wilson in it for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

btw Search Crystal Meth on Youtube. Look at the 3rd result from the top

that was pure gold. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Does anyone ever recover from it? Get clean I mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Crystal meth is a horrific drug and would certainly fcuk alot of people up if it got here.
    I would think, based on what goes on in Oz, Canada and the States most recreational drug users in Ireland are smart enough not to go near the stuff..

Just as they'd easily go out and take a load of pills and do a load of coke but never touch heroin..

Unfortunately it will be the most vulnerable, from the lowest socio-economic groups who grow up in a life of poverty and addiction that will be most likely to start using it, just as they do with heroin..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

amacachi wrote: »

Still nicer than the faces of math.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wonder if that's what this chappie was taking.
    On a slow day in Bulgaria Angel Atanasov decided to take some drugs with a friend.
    What followed was a drug-addled rampage of immense proportions.
    The following statement by a police spokesman details a comprehensive list of the man’s crazed trail of destruction:
    ‘First he cut-off a piece of his penis, and when his father came to help him he sliced off his father's ear.
    ‘He then ran into the road partially naked and bleeding, where he jumped into a car owned by a young woman who was unloading the trunk and drove off.
    ‘He went through a red light and crashed into a motorcycle before leaping out of the car and running to a nearby farm where he tried to batter down the door.
    ‘When that failed he ran down the back of the house and tried to set fire to a haystack.’
    The statement continues:
    ‘He then stabbed a lamb to death before stripping off his remaining clothes and stealing an axe which he then ran off with completely naked.
    ‘When police closed in, he climbed up a high-voltage cable and was blasted with several thousand volts.’
    It would seem this put an end to Atanasov’s rampage as he was arrested soon after.
    Atanasov was said to have been taking drugs with a friend in Pazardzhik, a city in the southeast of the capital Sofia, because they were bored.
    He is now fighting for his life in intensive care

Mad as a box of frogs

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

As far as i know its non existent here, hopefully it'll stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Clarky Cat makes every drug mentioned here look like smarties.

Yes.
    Cake included.

Luckily for Ireland it doesn't affect us as our drug use is entirely recreational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

So I'm looking at crystal meth videos and come across this one with pics of Shane McGowan and Owen Wilson in it for some reason

Owen Wilsons suicide attempt was apparently after a 3 day binge on crystal meth.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Please bear with me folks. Thread clean up / full read needed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK.
    And we're back.
    I've had to remove a host of posts. I am loathe to permit any posts containing information or links about drug production no matter how freely available this information is available elsewhere.
    At this point I'd like to remind all posters of the rules of drug discussion on after hours.
    The following are not permitted:

* Asking / telling where to buy drugs.
    * Asking / telling how to take drugs.
    * Asking / telling how to grow / make drugs.
    * Asking / telling how to get a fake ID.
    * Advising other users to take drugs.

Note that these rules apply to both illegal drugs and the legal alternatives you can buy in head shops. The admins do not want to be held responsible for posts telling people where to get drugs of any kind. You can argue about the legality all you want as long as you abide by these rules.
    Please take note and PM me if you have any questions about removed posts from this thread / report any posts which you think cross the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

It's nasty ****, but i'd still give it a try once or twice.

Wouldn't recommend it one bit dude! I lived in Sydney for a few months and met some locals who we started hanging round with. Didn't realise at the time that they were all on Crystal Meth (silly me had never even heard of the stuff!)
    Anyway, ended up back at their flat one day and I can still remember the place. There were about six guys sitting around smoking it and the instant change in them was unbelievable.
    They went from normal chatty sound guys to complete skitzo in about five minutes. And I mean the bad skitzo - I've never seen any other drug do this to people.
    They got completely paranoid, saying stuff that made NO sense, and eventually asked me and my boyfriend to leave cos they didnt know us. I had desperately wanted to leave before this, I was actually scared.
    And I thought I'd seen it all with drugs.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Excellent article about it here. Aimed at dentists but easy for anyone to understand. Mentions the fizzy drink bottle method of making it too.

http://www.irishdentist.ie/articles/articles_detail.php?id=632&authorid=392

From that article
    Have clinic names and phone numbers readily available for the patient to contact. Recommend topical fluorides, xylitol, lots of water, and provide education.

Maybe we don't have crystal meth abuse here because of something in the water :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

I wonder if that's what this chappie was taking.

Mad as a box of frogs

He was probably on PCP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I have smoked Ice a fair few times meself.

some of what people here are sayin is True, the Diminished Highs after eachsubsequent hit, the massive rush of euphoria fron the initial toke on the glass pipe, found that it was very addictive.

Actually sittin here now I can sorta taste it in the back of my throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was at a Halloween party in the States a few weeks back, big event in a hotel, and got asked twice if I had any or knew where to score it, both times by girls too, just everyday looking girls (well one was dressed as a ladybug, but I dont think that was cos of the meth)

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I was at a Halloween party in the States a few weeks back, big event in a hotel, and got asked twice if I had any or knew where to score it, both times by girls too, just everyday looking girls (well one was dressed as a ladybug, but I dont think that was cos of the meth)

You in the States now?
    No?
    Call it a ladybird then.
    Sound.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement