Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lance Armstrong being stripped of all titles.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wonder what Paul Kimmage's blood pressure is like now. If it's gone down after reading what Stephen Roche said about reinstating Armstrong as winnewrs of those TdFs.

To be fair he wasn't the only one - 12 of the 23 former winners that were interviewed reckoned LA should be reinstated as the winner.

kimmage.jpg

12 of 23 seeing it that way should call into question the idea that Armstrong's cheating was unique or unprecedented imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    12 of 23 seeing it that way should call into question the idea that Armstrong's cheating was unique or unprecedented imo.

Well, it certainly suggests that cheating wasn't unique or unprecedented.

But, and this is posibly largely because so much is known about LA's activities, you would have to wonder if anyone else was as dedicated, determined and strategic in their use of doping/drugs.

We may nnever know but with more knowledge on LA (and how easy it is to dislike him) he's likely to be labelled as the biggest cycling cheat of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Listening to 'Off the Ball' the other night. I am a fan of this show, quite entertaining.

But they were basically comparing pro cycling to WWF and how it should be renamed bicycle entertainment. While there was some tongue in cheek obviously, they were responding to fans who wanted more coverage.

Their argument being 'well it's full of dope therefore invalid'. The previous night they'd been saying how great the 100 metres is despite the prevalence of doping in that event, and athletics generally.

Not to mention basically every pro sport today.

I was miffed.

Listening to 'Off the Ball' the other night. I am a fan of this show, quite entertaining.

But they were basically comparing pro cycling to WWF and how it should be renamed bicycle entertainment. While there was some tongue in cheek obviously, they were responding to fans who wanted more coverage.

Their argument being 'well it's full of dope therefore invalid'. The previous night they'd been saying how great the 100 metres is despite the prevalence of doping in that event, and athletics generally.

Not to mention basically every pro sport today.

I was miffed.

Heard that as well.

I like the show but they're liable to come out with some awful tripe. I think Parkinson brings it out in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Could well be right. He was saying some golfist had no business having 'guns' at 45 years of age. Too old. Didn't suit. And he was only half messing.

• Advertisement

Could well be right. He was saying some golfist had no business having 'guns' at 45 years of age. Too old. Didn't suit. And he was only half messing.

Darren Clarke.

He's a poorer version of Dunphy if Eamo did GAA.

Advertisement