Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lance Armstrong being stripped of all titles.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Not being likeable doesn't invalidate the truth you tell.

I can't see any problem with EO'R. She doesn't try to demonise LA. She doesn't have to.Her story is what it is.

Yes she is telling the truth now but lied for years herself. I was listening to her interview on NEWSTALK ydy and she was chatting about herself and Lance - something just doesn't sound right.....

Anyway my point is I even find even the ones telling the truth (Kimmage, Walsh) incredible unlikeable which so strange....Just my point of view....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yes she is telling the truth now but lied for years herself. I was listening to her interview on NEWSTALK ydy and she was chatting about herself and Lance - something just doesn't sound right.....

Anyway my point is I even find even the ones telling the truth (Kimmage, Walsh) incredible unlikeable which so strange....Just my point of view....

Given that LA wrote a foreword to her book I'm not entirely sure why you don't believe her entirely

And I wouldn't classify her not telling all and sundry about what was going on the first chance she had as lying.

Given that LA wrote a foreword to her book I'm not entirely sure why you don't believe her entirely

Maybe because the most well known liar ever wrote the foreword to her book?? Hardly a ringing endorsement of someone - if the devil wrote the foreword to my book I wouldn't exactly be bragging about it!

I am not sure being honest - I have just listened to a few interviews now and I just don't like her/trust her. Just something about her answers/their make up doesn't seem right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

What do people think of Emma O' Reilly??

Have heard a good few interviews with her and I can't say I really like her. Something not very truthful about her (yes I know she is the main whistleblower).

I find this whole thing strange - I can't say I like any of the people involved - Kimmage and Walsh are annoying assholes too.

Doesn't seem like a very likeable person, always has a puss on her face in interviews.

She deserves credit for coming forward though (albeit pushed a little by Kimmage et al..)

• Advertisement

Maybe because the most well known liar ever wrote the foreword to her book?? Hardly a ringing endorsement of someone - if the devil wrote the foreword to my book I wouldn't exactly be bragging about it!

I am not sure being honest - I have just listened to a few interviews now and I just don't like her/trust her. Just something about her answers/their make up doesn't seem right....

Have a think about that.

He's admitted what he's done but he could be lying about admitting it?

Hmmmm

Have a think about that.

He's admitted what he's done but he could be lying about admitting it?

Hmmmm

So he is no longer a liar? Nor is there the possibility he is still lying about certain things?

Call me a bit cautious but I wouldn't exactly trust him nor her...

Fair enough....

So he is no longer a liar? Nor is there the possibility he is still lying about certain things?

Call me a bit cautious but I wouldn't exactly trust him nor her...

Fair enough....

I'm not saying he's not capable of being a liar anymore. I'm just not sure what you think he'd be lying about in relation to her story.

As for hee, there's nothing outlandish in her story in the context of what's been revealed in all the cases that have come to light

I'm not saying he's not capable of being a liar anymore. I'm just not sure what you think he'd be lying about in relation to her story.

As for hee, there's nothing outlandish in her story in the context of what's been revealed in all the cases that have come to light

I am agreeing with you in general so stop trying to pick a fight :)

Tis more a of a gut feeling and I was simply wondering did anyone feel the same about them all (Kimmage, Walsh, LA, O'Reilly) ie they are all incredibly unlikeable regardless of telling of the truth.

O' Reilly could well be telling the truth about herself and LA now - I just sense something is off. It doesn't add up and her interview on NEWSTALK seemed a bit strange really - just my two cents anyway.

I am agreeing with you in general so stop trying to pick a fight :)

Tis more a of a gut feeling and I was simply wondering did anyone feel the same about them all (Kimmage, Walsh, LA, O'Reilly) ie they are all incredibly unlikeable regardless of telling of the truth.

O' Reilly could well be telling the truth about herself and LA now - I just sense something is off. It doesn't add up and her interview on NEWSTALK seemed a bit strange really - just my two cents anyway.

Not trying to pick a fight at all fella.

I wouldn't go for a pint with her but I see no reason to doubt her story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

On his own or with all the other cyclists that blood doped, took EEPO, etc etc?

All of them.

Figerty wrote: »
    All of them.

Who funds the building of this super-jail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

Who funds the building of this super-jail?

Id say Lance made a few dollars,, start there..

Maybe he could be sentenced to licking Postal stamps for life!

Figerty wrote: »
    Id say Lance made a few dollars,, start there..

Why not any of the others first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like a very likeable person, always has a puss on her face in interviews.

What's that got to do with anything. I'm sure she's sound.

I don't know jack about cycling.

Is there anyway to kind of decide who was the best cyclist around this time? Was Lance any good? Or is it impossible to say considering they were all on drugs?!

I can't imagine following a sport where you really don't have a clue who is good or not so to speak!

Is there anyway to kind of decide who was the best cyclist around this time? Was Lance any good? Or is it impossible to say considering they were all on drugs?!

I can't imagine following a sport where you really don't have a clue who is good or not so to speak!

There is no way of knowing who took what and what impact it actually had.

Don't think drugs are limited to the likes of cycling and athletics. For example, Operacion Puerto showed Fuentes had links to footballers and tennis players but that wasn't pursued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Not being smart but what squeaky clean professional sports do you follow with certainty?

ford2600 wrote: »
    Not being smart but what squeaky clean professional sports do you follow with certainty?

Relax!

I am not having a pop at cycling!

I was just wondering is it possible for people who follow cycling to rate the cyclists at all? Was LA any good?! Impossible to decide as one poster pointed out I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Relax!

I am not having a pop at cycling!

I was just wondering is it possible for people who follow cycling to rate the cyclists at all? Was LA any good?! Impossible to decide as one poster pointed out I suppose.

Well we can say with the drugs he was the best ever. Some of those tours he won easy. Around 2003-2005 I don't think anyone in history would have been at his level. It just depends on the individual viewer as to whether or not they want to merit anything he's done in light of the whole drug situation.

Personally I watch the tour every year to see performance pushed to the limit. I enjoy the team strategy aspects and the breakneck speed risks the riders take. I don't for the most part worry about who's 'clean', but the nature of what it is will have you from time to time going 'yeah, that guy's on something'. Bottom line is you don't know who's on what in any sport, so if you want to enjoy watching it you may have to accept that fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Possibly way back beyond the 80's. Some of the cycling pundits cast doubts on Stephen Roche's human ability to do what he did in 1987, winning the World Championship, the TDF and the Giro d'Italia in the one year, only the second cyclist to do so. Check out Eddy Mercyx (the cannibal) or Jacques Anquetil etc from history, or Sean Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I don't for the most part worry about who's 'clean', but the nature of what it is will have you from time to time going 'yeah, that guy's on something'.

I agree, you can see those who seem to pull a miraculous stage from the hat and it always strikes me as suspicious. Even last year there were some questionable performances and the testing is only as good as the processes they know of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Didn't Sean Kelly test positive way back at some stage?
    Missed an Olympics?

Didn't Sean Kelly test positive way back at some stage?
    Missed an Olympics?

Being banned from the Olympics was due to an Irish team racing in South Africa during apartheid.

But yes he tested positive. It was deemed that there was enough doubt in the veracity of the test that the ban was suspended. The other time it was for codeine he claimed was in a cough medicine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Cough medicine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

What's that got to do with anything. I'm sure she's sound.

You're sure she's sound? 100%? Define sound please..

The poster asked the thread what people's opinion on Emma O'Reilly was, and I voiced mine. No need for the sarcasm.

Interview on Newstalk with Betsy Andreu if anyone is interested....

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    You're sure she's sound? 100%? Define sound please..

The poster asked the thread what people's opinion on Emma O'Reilly was, and I voiced mine. No need for the sarcasm.
    He wasn't being sarcastic in his post. He just asked you how the fact that you don't like the way her face looks is supposed to matter. and it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I wonder what Paul Kimmage's blood pressure is like now. If it's gone down after reading what Stephen Roche said about reinstating Armstrong as winnewrs of those TdFs.

To be fair he wasn't the only one - 12 of the 23 former winners that were interviewed reckoned LA should be reinstated as the winner.

kimmage.jpg

Advertisement