Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite crap film? [** NO LISTING **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

For a bit of a laugh and with this thread in mind I looked up the worst movie rated on imdb expecting Gigli or Son of the mask but was surprised to see a cartoon from 2000 called "Titanic: the legend goes on".

With a rating of just 1.3 I had to have it. Quick download and I couldn't believe my eyes at how ripped off, bad and so awful it is. It was glorious.

Myself and couple of the lads had a drinking game that if someone could name a popular film that was being copied we had to have a drink. We were polluted in about 40 minutes.

A must see with this thread in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The Room. Worst film I've ever seen, never laughed so hard (or shouted and thrown so many spoons at a screen :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

220px-Virtuosity_ver2.jpg

terrible movie thank feck they repaid us with american gangster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

It's a tired and laboured cash-in on Sleepless in Seattle.
    Both the leads phone in their performances and it's a cliche ridden rom com,
    buy anytime it's on, I'll always sit through You've Got Mail.

Honorable mention to Cocktail.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Just thought of some more

Under siege 1 and 2, also double impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've a weird attraction to dodgy american sports films so for this category I'd have to toss a coin to decide between Varsity Blues and Coach Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

theteal wrote: »
    I've a weird attraction to dodgy american sports films so for this category I'd have to toss a coin to decide between Varsity Blues and Coach Carter

Yeh im with yeh on that one aswell could also throw Gridiron Gang in there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeh im with yeh on that one aswell could also throw Gridiron Gang in there aswell.

I actually was going to add Gridiron Gang but I couldn't find a 3 sided coin :D

Friday Night Lights springs to mind also but that is actually a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

foxyboxer wrote: »
    buy anytime it's on, I'll always sit through You've Got Mail.
    I recorded it the other day, but couldn't sit through the whole thing. The way Nora Ephron uses soundtrack music, as a blunt instrument to beat you in to submission, is a perpetual gripe of mine. One thing I did note about the ending: take a look at Tom Hanks' hands. Did he go to set straight from a gardening session, or from the set of Saving Private Ryan?

Is Charlie's Angels a bad move? I can sit though that any time, because if it's crap, the cast know it's crap, and ham it up gloriously. The bloopers are great fun too:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Chuck Norris - Missing in Action,
    MV5BODAyNTc5ODk0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkzNzA2NA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg
    in fact anything with chuck Norris or the younger Van Damme before he realised how to act.

missing-in-action-2.jpg
    +
    timecopbd2d.jpg

Also this all time masterpiece of B movie magic
    Blue_Jean_Cop-11443706082005.jpg

+
    James-Woods-e1327081167321.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Chain Reaction is a film I love, despite getting panned by a lot of people. Yes, the science in the film is bogus in extremis. Yes, Keanu Reeves is more dead pan than ever. But there are some excellent set-pieces and some brilliant chase scenes, and the action whips along quite quickly (though not quickly enough to adequately paper over some of the cracks in this film). That said, Brian Cox, Morgan Freeman and Fred Willard all provide some good acting moments and I still love the whole CIA-controls-the-world conspiracy at the heart of it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115857/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Morlar wrote: »
    the younger Van Damme before he realised how to act.

1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

S1m0ne

S1m0ne.jpg

Got some poor reviews and even then hardly anyone knows it. People I talk to
    Yeah it can be put under chick flick but I thought it was very clever and extremely well done

Winona Ryder, Catherine Keener, a very young Evan Rachel Wood, Pacino, Jay Mohr and Elias Koteas, I'd call that a strong cast.

Washed up director is sick of diva stars throwing tantrums and moaning all the time so he finds a star and the world and the media fall in love with her
    But all the time he has to keep the deception going

Loved this film though I can see it's not so popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

My absolute guilty pleasure is "Dodgeball". So quotable. Everyone thinks "Anchorman" and other Will Ferrell stuff is better / less shameful to admit to liking, but I love "Dodgeball". It usually has all the stuff I loathe- predictable storyline, potty-humor, Ben Stiller- but, I don't know, it just makes me lol.

Further down the list of shame is a rom-com- "Just Friends". Again all the elements of hatred are there- cheesiness, stupid jokes, plus the super-annoying Ryan Reynolds. Yet I succumb and enjoy every time I watch it.

If we're talking genuinely sh1t films that are just fun to slag off, then Nicolas Cage in "The Wicker Man" can't be beat. Actually anything featuring Nic Cage. Honourable mention of course to "The Room", featured in every discussion of bad films on the internet- "YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA!":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Just about to throw on The 13th Warrior. Vikings, preparation for a siege, battles, isolation, mystery, suspense, cheese. Love that movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Fatal Deviation.

Watched it for the first time last night, in all its 8 part, youtube glory.

At times, it was almost too much to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

"Crap" obviously goes against the swaying of The Herd? :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...if one does adhere to such an agenda then
    most films would be then crap as they're basically one's own
    personal opinion?

I don't sway with the herd. I like what i like and i couldn't
    give a toss what others think. If you do sway then that's your problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Armageddon, an absolute cheesetastic flick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

guest-house-paradiso-movie-poster-1999-1020210175.jpg

How this never cleaned up at the Oscars, I'll never know. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

This reminds me of 2012...

Watched with a few beers and just could not stop laughing at how mental it is!

My favourite part:
    The bit where they are taking off as the ground is literally crumbling amid all the other carnage, and yet there is still someone in the control tower telling them over the radio they don't have clearance for take off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

Dumb and Dumber FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

shano1888 wrote: »
    Dumb and Dumber FTW

:confused:

One of the best and most respected comedies from the 90's.
    Hardly crap?

Or did you mean the craptastic sequel Dumb and Dumberer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Acacia wrote: »
    My absolute guilty pleasure is "Dodgeball". So quotable. Everyone thinks "Anchorman" and other Will Ferrell stuff is better / less shameful to admit to liking, but I love "Dodgeball". It usually has all the stuff I loathe- predictable storyline, potty-humor, Ben Stiller- but, I don't know, it just makes me lol.

"You made me bleed my own blood" :D

"Crap" obviously goes against the swaying of The Herd? :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...if one does adhere to such an agenda then
    most films would be then crap as they're basically one's own
    personal opinion
    ?

I don't sway with the herd. I like what i like and i couldn't
    give a toss what others think. If you do sway then that's your problem...

Well f*cking duh, that is the whole point of this thread, the whole point of boards in fact, to share your opinions! Seriously, what is your problem? This thread is supposed to be a bit of fun if you have such a big problem with it then stay away from it, problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Bad Panda wrote: »
    By that definition, YOU think it's good even though, critically, it may not be. So where do you draw the line with that?

You could end up saying this about most films - ''load of rubbish, but I like it''. Makes no sense to me. :o

not necessarily. it's possible to appreciate a film for entertainment while acknowledging that it's not very well made or makes sense. i.e. Transformers or Battle: Los Angelas. neither are any good, but i'd watch them over and over...

Okay, my own personal favorite crap film... Hypersonic: Air Race Earth. youtube the trailer and see how film's are not meant to be made.

That, and The Room

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

foxyboxer wrote: »
    :confused:

One of the best and most respected comedies from the 90's.
    Hardly crap?

Or did you mean the craptastic sequel Dumb and Dumberer?

That was my intepretation of the OP. Took it as a gulity pleasure type thing. I love that movie. read back through the thread and my selection seems a bit out of place now alright.

Again, I love that movie...I think i may have managed to offended myslef.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

GAAman wrote: »
    "You made me bleed my own blood" :D

Well f*cking duh, that is the whole point of this thread, the whole point of boards in fact, to share your opinions! Seriously, what is your problem? This thread is supposed to be a bit of fun if you have such a big problem with it then stay away from it, problem solved!

NO LISTING! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anything with Jean Claude Van Damme in it, watch Bloodsport today and it got me thinking of Timecop, Double Impact, A.W.O.L ,Kickboxer all fantastically terrible I watched them films hundreds of times growing up. Think ill have to pick up a few of them on Dvd.

Also one I do own Tango & Cash, was in love with Teri Hatcher in it and the crazy jeep they drive at the end, so bad its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm dragging up this thread purely because I just remembered:

Maximum Overdrive

4.9 on IMDB is a disgrace! Music is great, it's almost made to be "so bad it's funny", but not enough to be too obvious. AC/DC are the perfect band to do the soundtrack for this film.

If you've never seen it, the story is that the earth passes through the tail of a comet so all machines come alive and try and kill people.

It's on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgkvaKe1Wes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

My favourite crap film is Passenger 57.

Liz Hurley!
    Crazy hillbilly Cops.
    Seriously dodgy bad guy.
    Nerdy bad guy with glasses.
    Bad jeans on Snipes.

"Always bet on black!"

Advertisement