Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

MOH wrote: »
    I booked a flight for m...

That's how it should work , because of the way you did it your browser would have requested the same pass twice... (because of all the reasons in the post above)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

MOH wrote: »
    I booked a flight for myself a few weeks ago, and later added a second person, so made a second booking for the same flight.

Just went to check in online today, and just to make sure that both of us checked in OK, I wanted to check both in at the same time. I opened two windows, entered my booking ref in one, and the other booking ref in the other. Clicked 'check in' in each window, filled in the relevant passport details in each window, clicked through to the next screen.

Then clicked 'Check in' in the first window, got the boarding pass on the screen, printed it. Switched to the second window, clicked check in - and got the first boarding pass details up again.

Ended up having to shut both windows, open a new one, and fill in all my passport info again.

It seems to have a problem with multiple windows once you go beyond a certain point. Not a situation that's going to happen very oftern, but just be aware of it as it could save you having to start from scratch.

You need to check in Person A and then Person B if they are on different bookings

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Not a consumer issue

May be more suited to transport or aviation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    link removed

hmmmm was there something for the consumer in there that I missed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Molly30

eth0_ wrote: »
    Which isn't a "Driving licence", unfortunately.

Why doesn't he have a passport? :confused:

just an update on this: I received a letter from Ryanair this morning as I wrote to them about this.
    This is what they said:
    "I wish to clarify that a passenger, who arrives at the airport with a valid provisional driving licence containing a photo, will be accepted for their scheduled flight. Please accect our apologies for any misinformation and if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate in contacting us"...

So mystery solved....
    you need a passport for online check in, but a driving licence (full or provisional) will do for checking in at the airport....I was thinking that TBH because all they need it for is photographic ID and both provisional and full licences are official photographic ID's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ajsbrown34

I am a Canadian university student on exchange in Bergen, Norway and am working on a research paper regarding Ryanair and Singapore Airlines.

If you have any experiences regarding these two airlines, please post.

Some areas of interest include: service, interior cabin atmosphere (cleanliness, cabin spacing, odor, etc), company website comments, staff (flight attendants, captain, customer support etc) and any other comments regarding these two companies.

Let me know what you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

There is a huge thread on ryanair at the top of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ajsbrown34

I see that, but all posts are regarding Ryanair's boarding pass policies. Nothing to do with my thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Google is your friend, ask him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ajsbrown34 wrote: »
    I see that, but all posts are regarding Ryanair's boarding pass policies. Nothing to do with my thread!
    read more, u are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

GreeBo wrote: »
    Could be a number of issues, but basically amounts to User Error. :)
    This is a terrible thing to do on the Web. Shared browser cookies, sessions based on ip, anything could cause this behaviour.

Why did u not do it one at a time?
    jhegarty wrote: »
    That's how it should work , because of the way you did it your browser would have requested the same pass twice... (because of all the reasons in the post above)

Figured it was probably something like that, just wanted to point out that running two sessions together doesn't work, just in case anyone else is as dumb as me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

jhegarty wrote: »

Similar thing here but slightly different ... I was booking 2 flights with Ryanair as wanted to fly somewhere via London. Had both booking screens open at the same time so as to judge the arrival time of flight #1 and departure time of flight #2. Never copped session/cookies etc.

Anyway, came to the booking screen and when trying to confirm the 2nd flight I got an error saying transaction was being processed. Both browsers hung.

A while later I got a confirmation email for both flights ... thing is, neither of them have come off my credit card yet and its over a week since booking!
    Havent flown in a while but they were usually fairly quick at taking cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If you need to do something like this in future, open the one you want to refer to first, then open another browser/window/tab and login etc again for the new PNR.

Just hoping they take the money soon cos I dont want any hassle with them cancelling or any problems with the booking seeing as I have a confirm code.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Just hoping they take the money soon cos I dont want any hassle with them cancelling or any problems with the booking seeing as I have a confirm code.

Typical ... charge went through yesterday evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I noticed while just checking in for a Ryanair flight that you can now check in without the confirmation number. You just have to supply your email address, start and destination and the date of the flight. Handy if you dont have your confirmation number.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

axer wrote: »
    I noticed while just checking in for a Ryanair flight that you can now check in without the confirmation number. You just have to supply your email address, start and destination and the date of the flight. Handy if you dont have your confirmation number.
    They must have followed segments of this thread.:p

I got a round trip to Birmingham for €12.00 all in the other day. Whats not to <3 about Ryanair?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi,

Some months back there was a discussion on Today FM with Ryanair and the Ryanair spokesman said we can avoid the €10 fee for processing Credit Cards if we use a MBNA Visa.

I rang Ryanair got through to English staff and they didn't know what i was talking about.

Does anyone out there please know what Credit Card if any that i can get to avoid this €10 fee on each flight booked with Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Never heard of that before, but then again, Ryanair and MBNA do have some specific card offers - http://www.mbna.ie/creditcards/ireland_travel.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's the visa electron card that doesn't add an extra €10 to your purchase. if anybody knows where to get one of these in ireland, i'm all ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i have an mbna card (not the ryanair one) and still get charged the fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think it used to be free with the Ryanair visa card but that's been withdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

theteal wrote: »
    it's the visa electron card that doesn't add an extra €10 to your purchase. if anybody knows where to get one of these in ireland, i'm all ears
    I dont think they are available here, the misses has one but she got it in Italy, its basically the same thing as the 3v. she puts credit on it through the post office over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

theteal wrote: »

I think Halifax are offering them. Not 100% but there was something recently about Halifax not joining Laser as they have the Visa debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭lynchie

darc wrote: »
    I think Halifax are offering them. Not 100% but there was something recently about Halifax not joining Laser as they have the Visa debit card.

Halifax have a visa debit card and not a visa Electron card. They are different AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into the Ryanair Megathread

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lynchie wrote: »
    Halifax have a visa debit card and not a visa Electron card. They are different AFAIK.
    halifax do a visa electron card as a top up thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

Any advise on this would be appreciated.

Attempted to book a Ryanair flight a while back - went through to the confirm stage - clicked confirm but the internet page went to an error page before I got a confirm number. Checked my e-mail and received no confirmation so I assumed that the flight booking did not go through.

Went back the 2 days later and booked a slightly different flight instead (different time). Was shocked to then subsequently receive a Ryanair e-mail with confirmation of the original attempted booking - checked my cc statement and was charged.

No joy in contacting Ryanair - or should I say when I did contact them they said tough!

Contacted the cc company and they said I need to take it up with Ryanair - have I got a case - was thinking of putting more pressure on the cc company?

The money isn't huge but its the principal - any advise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Plus 10 wrote: »
    Any advise on this would be appreciated.

Attempted to book a Ryanair flight a while back - went through to the confirm stage - clicked confirm but the internet page went to an error page before I got a confirm number. Checked my e-mail and received no confirmation so I assumed that the flight booking did not go through.

Went back the 2 days later and booked a slightly different flight instead (different time). Was shocked to then subsequently receive a Ryanair e-mail with confirmation of the original attempted booking - checked my cc statement and was charged.

No joy in contacting Ryanair - or should I say when I did contact them they said tough!

Contacted the cc company and they said I need to take it up with Ryanair - have I got a case - was thinking of putting more pressure on the cc company?

The money isn't huge but its the principal - any advise?

Not a whole lot you can do , you booked 2 non-refundable flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

No Offence to the OP, but the only principle is the fact that you dont know how the internet works. When you submit data in a form on a website. It usually gets sent, and the confirmation page gets sent to you. If the confirmation page does not come up, you should try to refresh that page. If still nothing, do not assume that the original request did not go through. You should have checked with ryanair before booking again.

I dont mean to sound argumentative, but its not like they have ripped you off, its a mistake you made.

Plus 10, did you check the "manage my booking" section to see if your booking existed? There you just need date of flight, email address and origin and destination.

syklops wrote: »
    No Offence to the OP, but the only principle is the fact that you dont know how the internet works. When you submit data in a form on a website. It usually gets sent, and the confirmation page gets sent to you. If the confirmation page does not come up, you should try to refresh that page. If still nothing, do not assume that the original request did not go through. You should have checked with ryanair before booking again.

I dont mean to sound argumentative, but its not like they have ripped you off, its a mistake you made.

In fairness, that's fine for people who know that, but most people booking on Ryanair probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

No didn't check the manage my booking section - In this case I assumed (incorrectly as I am sure will be pointed out) that because I did not receive an e-mail confirmation from [EMAIL="itinerary@ryanair"]itinerary@ryanair[/EMAIL] that the booking did not take place. All previous booking I made I did get this e-mail confirmation so I naively! thought the request wasn't processed.

Guess from whats been said I've no case for argument - my fault - thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

now they are advertising "FREE" flights, but when you try to avail of them, they charge you 2 cent

and then they will only let you pay by laser or credit card, so you have to pay a fee for that as well

now they are advertising "FREE" flights, but when you try to avail of them, they charge you 2 cent

and then they will only let you pay by laser or credit card, so you have to pay a fee for that as well
    Will they not let you pay by Visa Electron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No Offence to the OP, but the only principle is the fact that you dont know how the internet works. When you submit data in a form on a website. It usually gets sent, and the confirmation page gets sent to you. If the confirmation page does not come up, you should try to refresh that page.

Sorry but thats the worst advice you can ever give anyone about how "the internet" works. You should never refresh a page that you have submitted unless there is no issue with the transaction being processed twice.
    Everytime you refresh the page its the same as you pressing submit/purchase/confirm/whatever.

If it doesnt work first time and you dont get an email, ring them. End of.

GGGRRRRRRR

Just back from Paris - yes, stupidly I flew with Ryanair but it was a major major price difference. Was last off plane as they took so long to open the back doors and then queued for ages to get through security, there were alot of canadian/usa passport holders in front of us which made it take longer than usual, went out to get on the bus which I had just paid for and was told it was full and there would be another bus in 10 minutes, 10 minutes later, was told it would be another hour before another bus would arrive, there were a good 20 people left standing there with no bus (including me, husband and 4 year old)! the bus eventually arrived funnily enough, when another flight landed. God I was furious. Really don't see the point in complaining, i'll only end up getting stressed about it all over again for nothing!!

GGGRRRRRRR

Just back from Paris - yes, stupidly I flew with Ryanair but it was a major major price difference. Was last off plane as they took so long to open the back doors and then queued for ages to get through security, there were alot of canadian/usa passport holders in front of us which made it take longer than usual, went out to get on the bus which I had just paid for and was told it was full and there would be another bus in 10 minutes, 10 minutes later, was told it would be another hour before another bus would arrive, there were a good 20 people left standing there with no bus (including me, husband and 4 year old)! the bus eventually arrived funnily enough, when another flight landed. God I was furious. Really don't see the point in complaining, i'll only end up getting stressed about it all over again for nothing!!

None of this is Ryanair's fault.

• Advertisement

penexpers wrote: »
    None of this is Ryanair's fault.

getting through security, back doors not opening, you're right, not Ryanairs fault. However, it is their bus service, it's not a public bus service, it's provided by Ryanair, and they should provide enough buses to accommodate the amount of people on their flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Will they not let you pay by Visa Electron?

if you jump through hoops and apply for one through llyods tsb spain, technically you can

but then of course there is probably set up or annual fees for that

getting through security, back doors not opening, you're right, not Ryanairs fault. However, it is their bus service, it's not a public bus service, it's provided by Ryanair, and they should provide enough buses to accommodate the amount of people on their flights.

It's not provided by Ryanair, it's provided by a private company subcontracted by the airport.

It's not provided by Ryanair, it's provided by a private company subcontracted by the airport.

are you sure about that? if so, fair enough. But the tickets you buy for the bus state, Ryanair bus, and the bus itself, states Ryanair bus.

are you sure about that? if so, fair enough. But the tickets you buy for the bus state, Ryanair bus, and the bus itself, states Ryanair bus.

Actually I just checked up, the bus is actually run by the local chamber of commerce. Nothing to do with Ryanair.

Actually I just checked up, the bus is actually run by the local chamber of commerce. Nothing to do with Ryanair.

fair enough....
    Glad i didn't waste my time complaining
    Still p*ssed off though!!!

I've just booked two return flights to London in January with a Visa electron, grand total 4 cents.
    OK, it's not strictly free, but I'm not complaining

(Thanks for the heads up!)

if you jump through hoops and apply for one through llyods tsb spain, technically you can

but then of course there is probably set up or annual fees for that
    It is just you said:
    which sounded like you were not given the option at all.

fair enough....
    Glad i didn't waste my time complaining
    Still p*ssed off though!!!
    So basically there was nothing wrong with the Ryanair flight except a slight delay in opening the back door. They are not as bad as people make them out to be.

So basically there was nothing wrong with the Ryanair flight except a slight delay in opening the back door. They are not as bad as people make them out to be.

it wasn't even their fault the back door wasn't open on time because the steps weren't in place. I wasn't complaining about the door or security, just the bus, and seeing as it isn't run by them then actually, they didn't do anything wrong (which you'll see I've already accepted!!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement