Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday

Options
  • 23-11-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭

Think I've got the winner of the 4:35 at Wolverhampton. Watched Don't Be the last time it ran and it came from last to third with Luke Morris giving the horse a ride which suggested to me that that day wasn't the day for it. Was having a pint with a friend and remarked that we would be seeing that horse soon enough and that it was going to be winning next time out. Tomorrow is that day it makes its reappearance and I think the Morris/Prescott combination will have the measure of this 7f race at Wolverhampton and what this horse can do over it. Expect it to be given a perfectly judged ride.with the horse not being given as much to do as it had last time. Horse has already seen a bit of dough with some 5/1 still available with Coral$. Price is already being nibbled at, so I'm hoping this is another Prescott plot horse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I like the look of Rathurgan in Wolver aswell tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Two problems with your tip Francie ( At Least)
    This 4yr old filly has run 4 times , once in France as a 2yr old.
    Disappeared as a 3yr old
    Run 3 times this year without success but the biggest negative is this distance. Sir Mark's speciality is long distance from 1 1/2 miles up to 2 miles. He don't do 7fr gambles but I suppose there is always a 1st. Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Fancy Queen Aggie in the 5.05 - 5-1 BetV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Chemical Nicky has 5 short priced ones today, worth sticking in an accum at about 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

wackokid wrote: »
    Two problems with your tip Francie ( At Least)
    This 4yr old filly has run 4 times , once in France as a 2yr old.
    Disappeared as a 3yr old
    Run 3 times this year without success but the biggest negative is this distance. Sir Mark's speciality is long distance from 1 1/2 miles up to 2 miles. He don't do 7fr gambles but I suppose there is always a 1st. Best of luck to you.

His biggest and most successfull gambles were in the Cambridegeshire 9f.
    Particularly Pasternak which was a monumental gamble into 4/1 fav .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Pinesky wrote: »
    His biggest and most successfull gambles were in the Cambridegeshire 9f.
    Particularly Pasternak which was a monumental gamble into 4/1 fav .

Cannot stand Prescott. He may operate within the rules but I despise what he does. Run your horses over 6 furlongs too short in maidens and let them rack up a 4 timer in handicaps upped in trip. It shows how poor the rules are when he can do this with 90% of the horses he has

Would love it if his horses automatically were allotted marks of 90 and told to try harder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Think Fanning has a nice lot of rides today.

2:00 Pavers Bounty 10/1

4:05 Penelope Pitstop 6/1

4:35 Rich Again 4/1

5:35 Act Your Shoe Size 6/1

Lucky 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,738 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TopTempo 3.35
    10-1 ew
    Me like
    Think it has a great ew chance in this group/

Bogsnog 5.05 16-1 ew
    Good draw , nice weight/ I expect it will compete here/

Think I've got the winner of the 4:35 at Wolverhampton. Watched Don't Be the last time it ran and it came from last to third with Luke Morris giving the horse a ride which suggested to me that that day wasn't the day for it. Was having a pint with a friend and remarked that we would be seeing that horse soon enough and that it was going to be winning next time out. Tomorrow is that day it makes its reappearance and I think the Morris/Prescott combination will have the measure of this 7f race at Wolverhampton and what this horse can do over it. Expect it to be given a perfectly judged ride.with the horse not being given as much to do as it had last time. Horse has already seen a bit of dough with some 5/1 still available with Coral$. Price is already being nibbled at, so I'm hoping this is another Prescott plot horse.

If anyone is Backing this. Bet365 has it as a 4/1+ race and is currently 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 awwalsh

Well done Francie. Great spot. Thanks for highlighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Luap wrote: »
    If anyone is Backing this. Bet365 has it as a 4/1+ race and is currently 4/1.

Get In there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Well done Francie,as i've said previously i don't back on the all weather unless i've got strong word from connections so i didn't punt it,but nice winner for you all the same. Hope you made plenty.

Great stuff man!

Winnings on Random in the next.

Will be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Fair Play Francie, bit of respite from the pool eh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,738 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

d4uou4w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fair Play Francie, bit of respite from the pool eh? :pac:
    Don't mention the war :pac:

5/1 still available with Coral$.
    n/m - rule 4 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Well done Francie. They didn't back it this time.

Heads up, Don't Be declared for Lingfield on the 3rd of December. Races with only a 6lb penalty this time, and after hearing the comments of Luke Morris after the race last week, it sounds like this horse still has more to give.

Heads up, Don't Be declared for Lingfield on the 3rd of December. Races with only a 6lb penalty this time, and after hearing the comments of Luke Morris after the race last week, it sounds like this horse still has more to give.
    Winner again :cool:

• Advertisement

Great stuff again Francie. U da man.

Thought it won well without even being given a particularly easy run. Will be interesting to see what happens next with it.

Don't Be out again tomorrow Kempton 3.20, up in grade but the way she picked up last time, she looks capable of taking the step up in her stride. Hat trick beckons methinks. What do you think Francie?

awwalsh wrote: »
    Don't Be out again tomorrow Kempton 3.20, up in grade but the way she picked up last time, she looks capable of taking the step up in her stride. Hat trick beckons methinks. What do you think Francie?
    I'll be on, but will only be having a small bet this time. Horses that it will be up against tomorrow are in some cases a stone better than what it has faced. Signs are encouraging that Don't Be can improve further, but at 5/2, I feel the price is a tad skinny.

Get in. Hat trick landed.

Get the fack in! Was touch and go at the close but Luke got it home.

She's out again tomorrow. Lingfield 2.15, into Class 2 company. Don't Be's form is stacking up with Brigliadoro winning at Kempton yesterday. Luke is back from Dubai and has only one other runner on the card. What do you think Francie? Can she land the 4 timer?

awwalsh wrote: »
    She's out again tomorrow. Lingfield 2.15, into Class 2 company. Don't Be's form is stacking up with Brigliadoro winning at Kempton yesterday. Luke is back from Dubai and has only one other runner on the card. What do you think Francie? Can she land the 4 timer?
    Horse owes me nothing at this stage, so will be having another small bet on it tomorrow. Only thing is that this is another step up in class with all of the opposition tomorrow showing about as much as Don't Be. The worry for me tomorrow is that this will be run at a much stronger pace earlier on, which won't suit Don't Be, which seems to like to finish strongly. 9/4 is no price at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

Horse owes me nothing at this stage, so will be having another small bet on it tomorrow. Only thing is that this is another step up in class with all of the opposition tomorrow showing about as much as Don't Be. The worry for me tomorrow is that this will be run at a much stronger pace earlier on, which won't suit Don't Be, which seems to like to finish strongly. 9/4 is no price at all though.

the stronger the early the pace the better for horses coming off the pace, especially at lingfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

the stronger the early the pace the better for horses coming off the pace, especially at lingfield.

This is what I always thought was the general for all racing too.

Advertisement