Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That's the one! ;)

If I ever win the lotto I'll be straight to the states to bring something like this home:

http://www.transamflorida.com/446TRANSAM1977Y82.htm

homerdrool.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

well, you do realise that your answer is useless with no pics of damn thing.... bah, look at him...

*i hope it worked

BFB93DC786244B8280C7F84E9FDA3C99-0000315821-0002838306-00800L-F7F28AE2D26840578BB1FF02BB393543.jpg

As I say I paid €11.5k for it in 2008 but most classics have dropped in value by 35-40% since unless extremely rare. I would struggle to get €8k for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

BFB93DC786244B8280C7F84E9FDA3C99-0000315821-0002838306-00800L-F7F28AE2D26840578BB1FF02BB393543.jpg

As I say I paid €11.5k for it in 2008 but most classics have dropped in value by 35-40% since unless extremely rare. I would struggle to get €8k for it now.

That is class man. How much mpg you would get out of it though? Would you still be able to go more then a lengh from petrol station to petrol station? And do you get out with it often?

If I ever win the lotto I'll be straight to the states to bring something like this home:

http://www.transamflorida.com/446TRANSAM1977Y82.htm

Nice! :)

I hope to get mine looking something similar when I have the money to paint it and fit the decals, etc. The engine and tranny are sweet and it's real clean underneath and extremely reliable. Body and paintwork is slightly rough but I took care of the important bits first! ;)

That is class man. How much mpg you would get out of it though? Would you still be able to go more then a lengh from petrol station to petrol station? And do you get out with it often?

I think about 16mpg motorway driving and SFA tipping around. I drove to Kilbeggan and back Sunday on half a tank, 135 miles / 40L so work that out.

Usually get out every second or third weekend for a spin on a cruise / to a show depending on time of year.

• Advertisement

I think about 16mpg motorway driving and SFA tipping around. I drove to Kilbeggan and back Sunday on half a tank, 135 miles / 40L so work that out.

Usually get out every second or third weekend for a spin on a cruise / to a show depending on time of year.

Are parts hard to get/expencive? Even simple stuff like filters, brake discs, spark plugs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Lads, sorry to ruin the American muscle chat but... eh..

Went out to the car to head to the shop for some grub - noticed what I thought was a giant birdshít on the bonnet - no big deal.

Had a closer look, turns out it's a blob of dried plaster (for doing walls). There's a few houses around the place getting solid insulation put on (seai grant etc etc) and obviously the incompetent twats doing it were being a bit careless flinging around stuff, because the car is parked a good 15m from the house being done. Managed to get the loose stuff off and looks like there might be some damage..

First off I'm insanely pissed off and very tempted to call them and tell them I'd like my bonnet resprayed, but I've no hope of proving it was them really. So anyone have any ideas how to get plaster off the car without damaging it?

Are parts hard to get/expencive? Even simple stuff like filters, brake discs, spark plugs etc?

You can get whatever you want very reasonably priced. The only killer is shipping - with heavy items it can sometimes double the price.

www.summitracing.com
    www.npdlink.com
    www.yearone.com
    www.rockauto.com

You can get whatever you want very reasonably priced. The only killer is shipping - with heavy items it can sometimes double the price.

www.summitracing.com
    www.npdlink.com
    www.yearone.com
    www.rockauto.com

Cheers for info bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Couple of mates of mine are building an 8 Series race car powered by an E39 M5 lump, quick vid of them turning over the engine on the ground

• Advertisement

Went out to the car to head to the shop for some grub - noticed what I thought was a giant birdshít on the bonnet - no big deal.

Had a closer look, turns out it's a blob of dried plaster (for doing walls). There's a few houses around the place getting solid insulation put on (seai grant etc etc) and obviously the incompetent twats doing it were being a bit careless flinging around stuff, because the car is parked a good 15m from the house being done. Managed to get the loose stuff off and looks like there might be some damage..

First off I'm insanely pissed off and very tempted to call them and tell them I'd like my bonnet resprayed, but I've no hope of proving it was them really. So anyone have any ideas how to get plaster off the car without damaging it?

Not being smart, but feck all you can do. :(

Proving it will be next to imposible. You will waste more time and money, then respray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

If it only went on today, it wil wash off with lots of water, warm if you can. It may still stain your bonnet, but it should come off.

Two ZTs :eek:

2ZTs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Daved_XB

Yep, your almost spot on there.... That's 15.5MPG for the Kilbeggan run, that is really good when you think of the Smiles Per Gallon she's giving you.... I used almost twice that to get there & back.... Gotta love the 6 pack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

RoverJames wrote: »

2ZTs.jpg

You based in Togher or Bishopstown RJ?

Always liked the ZT. 2 is Rare in the same vicinity :eek:

The Lough, pic taken at Pearse Square, Ballyphehane. That red one is popping up there lots lately, it used to be usually up around by the area behind Lennox's chipper.

I'll see your 2 ZT's and raise you:

DSCF7397.jpg

:P

The Lough, pic taken at Pearse Square, Ballyphehane. That red one is popping up there lots lately, it used to be usually up around by the area behind Lennox's chipper.

Cool. I'm up around there a lot and never spotted that one nor yours. God that area around the back of Lennox's is dodgy :pac:

I'll see your 2 ZT's and raise you:........

:o

Bungs in the exhausts? What are ya? A pansy?

• Advertisement

......... God that area around the back of Lennox's is dodgy :pac:

It can be alright, I used to work in the off license there years back, the students and the vast vast vast majority of the regulars were fine, there used to be some passing trade who'd pop in after or before buying their you know what (not chips) from time to time.

It can be alright, I used to work in the off license there years back, the students and the vast vast vast majority of the regulars were fine, there used to be some passing trade who'd pop in after or before buying their you know what (not chips) from time to time.

Yeah I got that impression alright.

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Bungs in the exhausts? What are ya? A pansy?

I'd normally agree, but there car was undrivable at cruising speed without them....and this from someone who was previously driving a car with a straight through exhaust and no interior!:eek:

I'd normally agree, but there car was undrivable at cruising speed without them....and this from someone who was previously driving a car with a straight through exhaust and no interior!:eek:

Pfffft, pansy....

Mine broke the microphone on the camera :pac: I love loud cars

Daved_XB wrote: »
    Yep, your almost spot on there.... That's 15.5MPG for the Kilbeggan run, that is really good when you think of the Smiles Per Gallon she's giving you.... I used almost twice that to get there & back.... Gotta love the 6 pack :D

Considering she's a 3 speed auto 403 it's damn good! Alan was complaining about the economy in the 'Vette as opposed to the 'Stang which was 5 speed manual.

Considering she's a 3 speed auto 403 it's damn good! Alan was complaining about the economy in the 'Vette as opposed to the 'Stang which was 5 speed manual.

Yeah... He'll miss that 5th gear

One of the lads in our club did a top end rebuild on his Vette and by God was it loud! He had to wear ear plugs on a long drive to stop himself getting tinnitus!:eek:

Daved_XB wrote: »
    Yeah... He'll miss that 5th gear

And the 4th too!

I would say it wasn't too far off the 7er in terms of economy.

One of the lads in our club did a top end rebuild on his Vette and by God was it loud! He had to wear ear plugs on a long drive to stop himself getting tinnitus!:eek:

I reckon the exhaust cut outs are the way to go, like Keith's & Liam's... I was going to get a set myself but I noticed on Keith's that they altered the sound his Camaro has on idle now & I love the sound of mine on idle too much to mess with it... Of all the muscle cars I've owned this one has the best note by a mile

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement