Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that has other uses!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

peanuthead wrote: »
    Someone once told me to use socks to put on fake tan, but it actually seeped through the sock and I still had a big orange hand!!

Yeah 2 socks are better than 1. But always scrub your hands after as well.
    Thanks god I don't bother with tan any more.
    blue_belle wrote: »
    p

and, trust me on this one, smear you whole face with honey and leave it for at least half an hour, the longer the better, and wash it off with warm water, your skin will feel amazing. oh, you should wear a hairband, so as not to get the honey in your hair.

Sounds interesting. I'd end up trying to lick my face or something. Would that not cause like you're pores to get all blocked and have massive pimples after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

does anyone know where to buy "wonder web"?

Hickeys.

tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vixen Sexlectra

I always keep nail polish in fridge, so it does not go mushy
    and it deadly if you have cheap earrings paint it over bit that goes into ear, will stop from tarnishing and infecting ears or making them black..

There's some useful/less info for ya :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

No, genuinely, i know somebody who used to work on an Elizabeth Arden counter. As part of the sales spiel they were always told to ask the customer what they used the stuff for. People would reply with the usuals, dry skin, flyaway hair when they're stuck, dry lips etc....... but she had an older woman tell her once that she(the older woman) was very dry 'Down below' and that it worked much better for 'relations' than KY jelly, and she and her partner couldn't imagine what they'd do without it......

NOICE:D

Oh no that would definitely sting! noooo! It even stings on chapped lips... *shudder* I meant the ones on your face, before you say it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Who knew my desperation to open a bottle of Barcardi Breezer would turn in to such an insightful thread! Some great tips in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

peanuthead wrote: »
    does anyone know where to buy "wonder web"?

Pound
    Euroshop sometime sells 3 packs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Whats wonder web?

Yu buy it a roll and you use it took take up a hem temporarily, you just put a length of it on whatever you are taking up, fold the matrial on and iron. Holds for a few washes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Dellgirl2 wrote: »
    Whats wonder web?
    JaneyMc wrote: »
    Yu buy it a roll and you use it took take up a hem temporarily, you just put a length of it on whatever you are taking up, fold the matrial on and iron. Holds for a few washes.
    Aaaaah... girlie duct tape then :D

I would consider girl duct tape to be tit tape, not wonder web!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

JaneyMc wrote: »
    I would consider girl duct tape to be tit tape, not wonder web!
    I'm almost afraid to ask...

but...

go on then, I have to know: what on earth is 'tit tape'???

I know the stuff now. A friend gave me a pair of jeans and as I have a 34" leg, I had to let them down and found that had been holding them up. THe jeans were about 2 years old and she had worn them plenty of times so it holds well.

Im more of a staple them up till I get em to a drycleaners kinda gal. I cant sew to save my life and anything that needs to be repaired gets given to talented friends in return for food. I think thats going to be happenning alot after today. :(

(Budget day today for futures sake) :)

Tit tape is just doubled sided thicker tape to keep your flimsy top up to cover the girls. Its never sticky enough I find. Ive actually usd a teeny tiny *dab of superglue instead before as your sweat dissolves it as the night goes on. Im so classy. :)

*(Only a tiny drop mind you - there would be far too much to explain at A&E if you pull and are wearing too much glue)

Superglue???? I can see that going very very wrong. 3am, and I think "hey my top isnt staying in place anymore, I better put more superglue on my boobs". Id probably stick my hand to my boobs, then the Homer Simpson logic would kick in and I'd then try get them off with my face, then that'd get stuck too, then my feet and legs would get involved, and I'd end up in the emergency room.

Superglue???? I can see that going very very wrong. 3am, and I think "hey my top isnt staying in place anymore, I better put more superglue on my boobs". Id probably stick my hand to my boobs, then the Homer Simpson logic would kick in and I'd then try get them off with my face, then that'd get stuck too, then my feet and legs would get involved, and I'd end up in the emergency room.

:D

Its not without its risks Ill grant you that! But it does *work. I always have a bottle of it in the bag for snag nails or once the heel came off my shoe and I ended up sitting in Stephens Green gluing it back on. And I got the job! It was on the way to an interview and I cobble wobbled and the heel came off. If you keep a box of matches in your bag, you can dab with that to keep the flow under control.

*sober - VNB;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

I'm scared that you're taking the mickey and i'll never get the honey off, promise i'll look prettier???

no seriously, it works. when i do it my skin is really soft and has a nice glow:cool:. it may take a few rinses with warm water to get it off though.

but just try and not forget your face is smeared with honey and answer the phone or roll over on a pillow or something:eek:, that might put you off ever doing it again:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

if you find your feet slide down in high heels, panty liners help stop the slipping and are a cheap alternative to party feet!

just try use small ones that cant be seen :)

That is a really good idea but I dont think I could handle the embarassment if my shoe fell off and someone seen it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

lol yea it is slightly mortifying but usually other girls are just gobsmacked that they didnt think of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I've also heard that Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream has a *ahem* wide variety of uses....
    No, genuinely, i know somebody who used to work on an Elizabeth Arden counter. As part of the sales spiel they were always told to ask the customer what they used the stuff for. People would reply with the usuals, dry skin, flyaway hair when they're stuck, dry lips etc....... but she had an older woman tell her once that she(the older woman) was very dry 'Down below' and that it worked much better for 'relations' than KY jelly, and she and her partner couldn't imagine what they'd do without it......

NOICE:D

Lest anybody is tempted to try this out for themselves, please bear in mind that the cream probably won't be too good for condoms (whatever else it is good for) and if you are using them it's probably best to stick to the KY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

*Dallas wrote: »
    if you find your feet slide down in high heels, panty liners help stop the slipping and are a cheap alternative to party feet!

Ha ha i remeber when i was younger, as ad for these came on the TV and my younger bro asked what they were, and my Da, quick as a flash, piped up " for your Shoes"..ha ha. so he wasnt lying. Good enough answer for the bro anyway!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

*Dallas wrote: »

Fab idea! Any advice on shoes that are a size too big? I think my feet have shrank in the last few years, I was a 6, now I'm a 5 and none of my lovely old shoes fit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

They'd also work as sweat-absorbers too, genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tatt chic

Party feet and the scholl heel liners should do the trick, i had a wedding recently and my feet kept sliping out of shoes so i stuck i a set of party feet and theose liners, snug as a bug now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

blue_belle wrote: »
    no seriously, it works. when i do it my skin is really soft and has a nice glow:cool:. it may take a few rinses with warm water to get it off though.

but just try and not forget your face is smeared with honey and answer the phone or roll over on a pillow or something:eek:, that might put you off ever doing it again:o

I met a lady in an old job, We started talking about age, I said she looked in her twenties, turns out she was in her forties!

Her Secret? . . . Honey facials!!

Have been doing them ever since, I've seen the proof with my own eyes!!

and you smell nyom nyom nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Soldiers carry a tampon and a flint in their survival kits as they are brilliant for starting fires :D

They also carry a condom or 2 for water collecting (turned inside out) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Amanda

I find my vibrator doubles up terrific as a replacement "significant other" due to my inability to hold down anything more than superficial relationships which never last. Terribly well. :D:D:D

Good thread... excuse my flippancy but had to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

mud wrote: »
    I met a lady in an old job, We started talking about age, I said she looked in her twenties, turns out she was in her forties!

Her Secret? . . . Honey facials!!

Have been doing them ever since, I've seen the proof with my own eyes!!

and you smell nyom nyom nyom

So just leave honey on your face for an hour or so? Just honey and nothing else? Is it okay for sensitive skin?

Some great tips on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jessbeth

shellyboo wrote: »
    My Venus razor vibrates. Nuff said.

I was thinking the same about the electric toothbrush :rolleyes:

Advertisement