Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical shoot

Options
  • 22-04-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Kingdom "An Riocht" Rifle & Pistol Club

20 April.

Now that's a TROPHY. There will be a classic rifle competition in May (date to be decided) for the honour of taking this home. Keep a eye here for details.

Check out there facebook page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭p.e.s.

ntipptop wrote: »
    Kingdom "An Riocht" Rifle & Pistol Club

20 April.

Now that's a TROPHY. There will be a classic rifle competition in May (date to be decided) for the honour of taking this home. Keep a eye here for details.

Check out there facebook page

Is it Classic Rifle or Classical ?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

p.e.s. wrote: »

interestingviolin.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

p.e.s. wrote: »

Which ever you can shoot better with!!!!!!!!!

Looks like irl conor could be the only entry

Is there a photo of the trophy ?

Wow , I had a look on facebook at the an Riocht page, The trophy certainly makes a statement all right its Huge, There is a pic of 2 men holding it up , it must be about 2 foot across. Who ever wins it will need a big ass mantle piece to put it on , Sorry I cant post pics yet , only on post 43 but as soon as I break the 50 mark I will post the photos unless someone else does it before me .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Had a look on Facebook and maybe i'm on the wrong one but the last "post" on it was in 2012 and when i clicked on the picture it brought me to the LRRAI Google site and it says all activity by the LRRAI and on their site is suspended except for the occasional announcement or meeting.

Facebook page

Website
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

That was the lrrai page. The page I was looking on was the an rioght rifle club page

I can't find it.

I've found Archery, health club, Camogie, etc. Not the rifle range. As soon as i type in rifle range, eve with An Riocht, all i get is LRRAI. Both FB and website.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Its on , an riocht's facebook page ,not lrrai,
    try typing ,kingdom an riocht rifle and pistol club.

Found it.

Sorry about that. I'm not on Facebook and frankly i'm lost when i try to find something on it. Here is the trophy:

10292213_137385239765241_5603559267732147961_n.jpg?oh=ee8c26acb53b9cf74e42e845ced36498&oe=53DC6E4A&__gda__=1406981817_6a18432d72e22266e6db1ad372aa202d

• Advertisement

Did you see the picture with the 2 men holding the trophy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

I didn't use the two guys one as i'm not sure on putting up someone's picture without their permission. As someone else done it, i need not worry. :D

The only reason I asked about that picture was that it shows the scale of the trophy

With all the crap surrounding copyright, data protection, blah, blah, blah it'd make a lad nervous.

It's a big ass trophy alright. Looks like someone literally took a target and made a trophy out of it. :D

Is it a keeper. As in the person keep it or is it one of those that is presented to the winner each year?

Its going to be an annual trophy , you get to keep it for the year before handing it back or if you shoot good enough the next year you can take it home with you again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Cass wrote: »
    With all the crap surrounding copyright, data protection, blah, blah, blah it'd make a lad nervous.

Tbh, I didn't even think twice before posting that, but technically you are right. Posting any photo without permission is in breach of copyright... Doesn't matter who's in it or not :rolleyes:

Hopefully the lads in An Riocht wont mind the bit of publicity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

What form is the shoot of?
    Classic rifle? is that vintage? Im just going by the rifle on the trophy, looks like a Garand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

cerastes wrote: »
    What form is the shoot of?
    Classic rifle? is that vintage? Im just going by the rifle on the trophy, looks like a Garand.

From what I'm hearing its 40rds at 300m off sand bags iron sights only, this could change as a lot of lads hoping to shoot it will be meeting this weekend and I know Pat is still open to the running of this shoot.

(40rds) fire 20 take ur turn doing the butts then fire next 20..

Check out the Facebook page
    There having a weekend of shooting
    hope the weather holds out for that !!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement