Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2012 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Sangakara, what is going on?

also chennai vs royals, that wasnt a no ball in the end by tait.
    stupid decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Placebo wrote: »

also chennai vs royals, that wasnt a no ball in the end by tait.
    stupid decision

Yep.....tight call that was.....but the match as a contest was over by then

CSK hanging on just for a place in the playoffs.....if they make the playoffs I think they will win the whole thing

Go CSK:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

RCB will win it. Gayle/Dilshan/AbDevill
    or maybe KKR

Placebo wrote: »
    RCB will win it. Gayle/Dilshan/AbDevill
    or maybe KKR

Naa....Given their history over the last 4 years CSK for me if they make the playoffs....the rest just flatter to deceive when it comes to crunch time!!:)

If CSK don't make the playoffs KKR will probably win it this year:)

Come on you Superkings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I cant express my hatred for Tiwary. ****ing ridiculous player, i just want RCB to dump him and kick his ass out of Bangalore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I cant express my hatred for Tiwary. ****ing ridiculous player, i just want RCB to dump him and kick his ass out of Bangalore.

Cost nearly 2 million didn't he?:pac:

Bangalore got fleeced with him and Glenn Mc Kumar this year. :pac:

Anyways Pune, whats the story with Ryder? Is he injured still? Because if he has been dropped for Clarke then Ganguly has ****ed up hugely.:mad:
    In what world is Clarke a better option in 20/20 than Ryder or even Tamim Iqbal who before the IPL battered everyone in the Asia cup including the Indian bowlers?:confused:

phew.....what a finish again!.....after that win King's XI deserve a place in the playoffs

Great to see a young Indian lad doing most of the hitting at the end:) and great to see Hussey trusting the inexperienced lad with the strike at the end.....Gurkeerat Singh will not forget this day for the rest of his life

As for Deccan I hope they get rid of all their overseas players and start afresh next year

Kings XI v Chennai Superkings will decide the last playoff place this year I reckon

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Cost nearly 2 million didn't he?:pac:

Bangalore got fleeced with him and Glenn Mc Kumar this year. :pac:

Anyways Pune, whats the story with Ryder? Is he injured still? Because if he has been dropped for Clarke then Ganguly has ****ed up hugely.:mad:
    In what world is Clarke a better option in 20/20 than Ryder or even Tamim Iqbal who before the IPL battered everyone in the Asia cup including the Indian bowlers?:confused:

Agree.....some strange decisions by Pune.....if they have already told Ganguly he won't be playing next year why is he playing the last few matches this season when they already been knocked out.....wouldn't it have made sense to give a chance to some of the other younger players in the team

Money wasted on Michael Clarke I reckon this year

Who the hell is Glenn McKumar? :(

booth70 wrote: »
    phew.....what a finish again!.....after that win King's XI deserve a place in the playoffs

Great to see a young Indian lad doing most of the hitting at the end:) and great to see Hussey trusting the inexperienced lad with the strike at the end.....Gurkeerat Singh will not forget this day for the rest of his life

As for Deccan I hope they get rid of all their overseas players and start afresh next year

Kings XI v Chennai Superkings will decide the last playoff place this year I reckon

Are you writing off RCB? :(

Who the hell is Glenn McKumar? :(
    Crap joke:(:o

vinay-kumar.jpg

• Advertisement

vinay-kumar.jpg

:D:D

Are you writing off RCB? :(

Nope....I think KKR , Delhi and Mumbai will defo qualify......4th place will be between RCB , CSK and Kings X1.....even though RCB have been brilliant with the bat I'd like to see them win a match when Gayle and Dilshan fail at the top of the order....last year Gayle blew everyone away during the league matches but flopped in the final and RCB folded without a fight.....still not 100 percent convinced about RCB's chances but hey if they make it well played to them :D

CSK have to win against KKR tomoro to have any chance of making the playoffs and I think they will:o

vinay-kumar.jpg

:mad:

He is not that bad as he is local player and he is from my city ;) His college was next to mine :D

Nope....I think KKR , Delhi and Mumbai will defo qualify......4th place will be between RCB , CSK and Kings X1.....even though RCB have been brilliant with the bat I'd like to see them win a match when Gayle and Dilshan fail at the top of the order....last year Gayle blew everyone away during the league matches but flopped in the final and RCB folded without a fight.....still not 100 percent convinced about RCB's chances but hey if they make it well played to them :D

CSK have to win against KKR tomoro to have any chance of making the playoffs and I think they will:o

Kind of agreed. Dilshan has been hit and miss this season though. Struggling big time to find his timing right.

Gayle and AB Delivers are the two key players and magical Murali should play every game which means Vettori will have to sit out :(

AB who?........Some phenomenal hitting from Mayank Agarwal:)

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

What a partnership from Rayudu and Pollard. When the Indians were 51 for 5 and Pollard coming in I thought the match was over. I could not see a way back yet the two guys make 122 as a partnership and win! The run rate required was 14 for most of the partnership and then boom Pollard and Rayudu started hitting 6's and 4's for fun.

Great stuff from them, and probably a killer blow for Bangalore's playoff hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Great come back by Mumbai today. At the end of the 7th over they were 40/3 at the end of 9 overs 51/5 , 121 runs were required from 11 overs, RR at that stage was 5.66, the RRR: was 11.00

That is some comeback. Deserve to be second on the table. Why they had Gale bowl the last over, it cost them 15. Great partnership Pollard and Rayudu

B1gft wrote: »
    Great come back by Mumbai today. At the end of the 7th over they were 40/3 at the end of 9 overs 51/5 , 121 runs were required from 11 overs, RR at that stage was 5.66, the RRR: was 11.00

That is some comeback. Deserve to be second on the table. Why they had Gale bowl the last over, it cost them 15. Great partnership Pollard and Rayudu

They had no else I think, it was Gale or KP Appana I think, who'd been cleaned for 19 in the 1 over he had.

Another last ball finish.....I can't take this anymore

CSK to win the whole damn thing for me now....again:)

Ares wrote: »
    They had no else I think, it was Gale or KP Appana I think, who'd been cleaned for 19 in the 1 over he had.

Should never be in the situation where a part timer has to bowl a last over in a 20/20 game, its terrible work from the captain. What makes it even more stupid, the same thing happened against Chennai a few weeks ago when Kohli ended up bowling the second last over and get destroyed.

• Advertisement

Should never be in the situation where a part timer has to bowl a last over in a 20/20 game, its terrible work from the captain. What makes it even more stupid, the same thing happened against Chennai a few weeks ago when Kohli ended up bowling the second last over and get destroyed.

From what I could make of it was that Appana was due to have one of the over's from 17 to 20 but his over was so shocking that he was taken away from bowling duties for the rest of the game. Besides he was dynamite in the field anyway.

Admittedly it was poor captaincy that they were left in such a situation but there were extenuating circumstances for me.

I'd have risked him for it, sure his previous over was muck, but he has been okish so far and he was always more likely to save the game for RCB, as he is a better bowler than Gayle who's bowling is an absolute liability in the closing moments of this game.

Its a shame that Mc Donald has been hit and miss with the bat recently because he would have been another useful bowling option.

I'd have risked him for it, sure his previous over was muck, but he has been okish so far and he was always more likely to save the game for RCB, as he is a better bowler than Gayle who's bowling is an absolute liability in the closing moments of this game.

Its a shame that Mc Donald has been hit and miss with the bat recently because he would have been another useful bowling option.

What we need is not a foegien bowler, a local or Indian bowler as our 4 foreign spots are as good as fixed.
    Gayle, Delivers, Murali are untouchable and in some games Murali will be out for Vettori. And for some reason we are sticking up with Dilshan who has done ok but I'm not fully convinced. So if we replace Dilshan it has to be with foreign batsman, otherwise our batting will be poor.

This is what I said before the start of the season:
    Problem with the team is Gayle, Dilshan, De Villier are very very important players and Vettori is our captain. So I can't see any other foreign players getting chances.
    We have Murali and Nannes who are very good bowlers. Might struggle to strike a good balance. Just a player or 2 (Local players) short of having very good team.

Like I said just a player or 2 (local) short of having very very good team.

Or if Kohli return to form we can mess up by playing Nannes or Andrews in place of Dilshan but it is very rishy imo.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/564837.html

Hardly surprising:mad::mad:......considering all the money in it and the crooks who run it:mad::mad:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/564837.html

Hardly surprising:mad::mad:......considering all the money in it and the crooks who run it:mad::mad:

Can u post the story plz as I can't open the link.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Can u post the story plz as I can't open the link.

Thanks.

No complete posting of stories from other websites please, copyright issues. You can post snippets to illustrate your discussion points, but that's it I'm afraid.

TrueDub wrote: »
    No complete posting of stories from other websites please, copyright issues. You can post snippets to illustrate your discussion points, but that's it I'm afraid.

Oh yeah. Sorry forgot about the new rule. Anyways will check once I go home then.

TrueDub wrote: »

Oops...sorry True Dub.....totally forgot about that!

Oh yeah. Sorry forgot about the new rule. Anyways will check once I go home then.

Its on the Cricinfo website....about an undercover sting by an Indian TV channel about spot fixing in the IPL !!:mad:

• Advertisement

Its on the Cricinfo website....about an undercover sting by an Indian TV channel about spot fixing in the IPL !!:mad:

Oh not really surprising isn't it. As soon as Bravo hit 6 of the last ball, there were cries about match fixing and Lalit Modi was quick to defend on twitter.

These days whenever we get a nice game, people talk about fixing.

Saying that I wont be surprised if someone did it, but I can't tell how much of a fool they are as they get handsome money in IPL just by staying loyal and playing for a team.

Advertisement