Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai i40 fuel efficiency

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

That's not good Dozz. I get 40+ (real not dash com) mixed in a petrol Laguna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Big car with an underpowered engine isn't helping it compared to the focus either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ireland gets the i40 diesel in 115bhp only unless you opt for the auto. In the UK they get both the 115bhp and 136bhp versions in both manual and automatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

But all the bells and whistles carry weight. You are driving a bigger car, more comfortable car with bigger engine, and your fuel economy almost matches your old Focus. 50mpg is not to be sniffed at. If great MPG was really such a major factor you should have bought a smaller car, or a hybrid.

I have a (15 year old design) 2ltr diesel saloon with all the bells and whistles, weighs at least 10% more than an i40 tourer, and I still get 40-42mpg with a faulty MAF.

That the OP is getting somewhere around 44mpg is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

What type of driving do you do?

In my experience driven normally modern diesels rarely give anywhere close to their claimed figures.

I love the way diesel is mentioned at the first whippet of discussion, its like its compulsory to own a diesel now in Ireland ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Hachiko wrote: »
    I love the way diesel is mentioned at the first whippet of discussion, its like its compulsory to own a diesel now in Ireland ffs.

They don't sell petrol i40s here this it's a safe enough assumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Hachiko wrote: »

The Ops car is a diesel though?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dozz

So do you guy think I have any comeback with the garage ( I have the car less than 3 months)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Them fuel figures are shocking OP.

I use fuelio on my android phone to track mpg. Auto backup to drive with the pro version that can be easily found online for free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement