Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivor Bell arrested and charged in Jean McConville murder investigation

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

alastair wrote: »
    Referenda are only for constitutional issues. So we can only utilise polls to make this judgement. The poll tells us that most people in Ireland believe he was an IRA member.

The Indo's anti-SF stance has nothing to do with that people told the pollsters. They told them that they believed Adams was in the IRA. Quell surprise! :rolleyes:

Most of the people polled said that. There is a difference and it is why we actually hold referenda and elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Most of the people polled said that. There is a difference and it is why we actually hold referenda and elections.

We never hold referenda on anything other than constitutional matters, and I've not heard of the election results having anything to do with measuring people's thoughts on an individual's membership of a paramilitary group.

Polls, on the other hand - a pretty widely accepted measure on all sorts of regional and national issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The only way you can say;

is by holding a referendum (poll) of all the people.
    Never mind the membership part, has there even been an opinion poll on the Maria Cahill meeting yet? Yet Godge can speak for the entire country on that too.
    His claims are unproven and spurious.
    When you admit on another thread that the Independent have a proven anti SF agenda, you should advise Godge that he shouldn't even be using it to back up his cat litter tray much less an argument. ;)

Rubbish, the Press Ombudsman said it was perfectly fine to say that most people in Ireland believe Gerry Adams to be a member of the IRA.

They examined the poll and the methodology so unless you can show me that you are an expert in statistics I will defer to their opinion.

Remember Gerry Adams made nine complaints about the Indpendent and six were thrown out, he lost 6-3.

He has never sued anyone for saying he is a member of the IRA, neither is he suing Mairia Cahill. You don't have to be Einstein.....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1030/655784-jean-mconville/

Seems there has been some progress in this case.

Godge wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1030/655784-jean-mconville/

Seems there has been some progress in this case.

So Ivor Bell before the courts, hopefully all involved in that murder will be called to account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

whats this thread going to do now they've found there's no evidence?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1030/655850-ivor-bell/

aqquitted
    alastair wrote: »
    So Ivor Bell before the courts, hopefully all involved in that murder will be called to account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

maccored wrote: »

What usually happens on these threads.
    They'll make some up to suit their agenda's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Wonder is that the final nail in the coffin for the Boston Hames. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

C

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1030/655850-ivor-bell/

aqquitted

Said solicitor Peter Corrigan, representing Bell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Call me Al wrote: »
    Said solicitor Peter Corrigan, representing Bell. :rolleyes:

always a good idea to read the article.
    District Judge Fiona Bagnall said the issue was not a matter for the magistrates' court.

She said: "I am not going into other matters. That is not for this court."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

always a good idea to read the article.

I did. His brief is doing what exactly he's being paid to do and saying there's no evidence.
    I'm sure the PSNI will also have their opinion on the matter.

Hang on - I've just realised. maccored actually thinks he's been acquitted. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I'm sure Bobby will be out soon, sure he was only a child himself at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

And he's home for supper :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

It's nearly 43 years ago. There's a high chance the person who did it is dead by now.

Also why is this case more high profile than the 45 year old women who was murdered by the para's in August 71 who 8 or 9 kids.? Obviously people killed by the IRA have more valuable blood than people who killed by others.

Advertisement