Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Boop22 wrote: »
    Sts at WI tonight after a good week exercise and eating wise. Got in a really bad humour and came home and ate. feel like I'm slowly falling off the ww wagon :-(

Im feeling ya Boop!! I did quite well last night (down 3) but for some reason since this afternoon I am on a self sabotage kick. Feeling really peed off with myself and Im craving chocolate...something I would never usually crave... Im feeling worse because I know the weekend is going to be a killer.

Just think STS is a good thing... you didn't put up. It will just take a week or two to show... I totally feel you when you say you are in bad humour at STS... but you will be back on track in no time... next week is another week, another WI.... that will be better....

Maybe we could help eachother stay on the wagon....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

hey all had my WI today STS so happy enough, havnt been to great all week on the food front, stayed in my points but ate alot of junk. Has anyone gone for the deal ww are doing for the next 2 weeks 7 weeks for the price of 7 going to pay for it next week, that way ill have go every week if ive paid in advance:D

Yep, I'm definitely going for the deal! I keep meaning to pay in advance, it really makes you go every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Monife wrote: »
    Sts at WI tonight after a good week exercise and eating wise. Got in a really bad humour and came home and ate. feel like I'm slowly falling off the ww wagon :-(

Don't be down or fall off the wagon. You have to remember you are only at this weightloss journey 6 weeks. Weightloss is a marathon not a sprint. You are bound to have weeks where a gain or STS is un-explainable, I have had many of those. You have to keep trucking and keep the end product in sight/mind. Remember why you are doing this, the feeling you will have when you reach goal, the clothes you will be able to wear and the compliments you will get. Remember also, you have lost 11lb in 6 weeks, that is brilliant and is almost an average of 2lb a week. I'll let you say you are losing motivation when you are at this lark the same amount of time has me lol (16 months)!!!! :D Chin up and enjoy your weekend away, don't go too mad (or at least be good with the food and enjoy your pints :))
    Thanks for the reply and the pick me up :-) I know its gonna take time its just very frustrating when you've been good all week and in pain from gym not to see a result. Kinda gives me a "what's the point" attitude. It's about my 6th attempt at ww now so I know its not a quick fix just hate sts and there being no reason for it. Anyway rant over!!!! Enjoy ur looooong weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks for the reply and the pick me up :-) I know its gonna take time its just very frustrating when you've been good all week and in pain from gym not to see a result. Kinda gives me a "what's the point" attitude. It's about my 6th attempt at ww now so I know its not a quick fix just hate sts and there being no reason for it. Anyway rant over!!!! Enjoy ur looooong weekend :-)

Thanks, it's much needed!! Just remember our bodies work in mysterious ways that we will never understand and there is nothing we can do but accept it :) Exercise doesn't always show the same week either, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

STS = Some Time Soon. Thats what I always tell myself when it happens. If I know I've put in the work and busted a gut, food and exercise your body can just not be playing ball and on a go slow, it'll show some time soon xx

Think about the week gone by, work out how much exercise you did, did you use all your weeklies, did you eat enough or did you track and weigh stuff etc if you weren't sure. I always try and figure it out and see what I can change about for the week ahead.... We all know how a STS feels, pretty pants but you have to think of the bigger picture and how far you've come? Your in a better place, chin up!

• Advertisement

MaggieMay2 wrote: »

STS = Some Time Soon. Thats what I always tell myself when it happens. If I know I've put in the work and busted a gut, food and exercise your body can just not be playing ball and on a go slow, it'll show some time soon xx

Think about the week gone by, work out how much exercise you did, did you use all your weeklies, did you eat enough or did you track and weigh stuff etc if you weren't sure. I always try and figure it out and see what I can change about for the week ahead.... We all know how a STS feels, pretty pants but you have to think of the bigger picture and how far you've come? Your in a better place, chin up!
    Thanks Maggiemay. I was kinda half expecting it tbh because every 3 weeks I sts same for some very strange unknown reason (this is my 6th week). This happened when I was in ww last yr as well - weird!! I tracked everyday used about 30 weeklies and exercised nearly everyday.
    Whats making it worse us that in going away tomorrow so know ill Deffo be up next week. Ah well, we gotta live our lives too I suppose. Thanks again, onwards and downwards :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I have a bit of a dilemma and I was wondering what you girls would do. I'm going on holidays the end of May and I was in Pennys this evening and they have some gorgeous summer stuff. My dilemma is do I buy them now either the size I am or a size smaller, or do I wait til nearer the time? I'm currently doing lots of exercise for toning and losing inches which appears to be working but I'm not sure yet. My mum thinks I should buy them now as they'll probably be sold out but then they could have even nicer stuff then.

Why dont you buy a few bits now, and hold onto the receipts- usually you'd be able to change them for a month or so after you buy them. Have a try on in a few weeks, and if they're too big, take them back!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Hi Guys,

I know this has been talked about but I just wanted to double check the prop points.

Are the mini tubs 2pp each?

Bought them above the big one because I just know Id over do it.

I'm not even a huge chocolate spread fan but need to try them after all the talk.

Thanks in advance & hope everyone has a good long weekend.

hey all had my WI today STS so happy enough, havnt been to great all week on the food front, stayed in my points but ate alot of junk. Has anyone gone for the deal ww are doing for the next 2 weeks 7 weeks for the price of 7 going to pay for it next week, that way ill have go every week if ive paid in advance:D

I'm going to do this too- I already did the 6 weeks for 5 a few weeks ago, but my leader was saying that you can add the 7 for 5 on to the end of this. Might as well save a few yoyos, and I figure like you, itll make sure I go every week too!

ali85 wrote: »

Im feeling ya Boop!! I did quite well last night (down 3) but for some reason since this afternoon I am on a self sabotage kick. Feeling really peed off with myself and Im craving chocolate...something I would never usually crave... Im feeling worse because I know the weekend is going to be a killer.

Just think STS is a good thing... you didn't put up. It will just take a week or two to show... I totally feel you when you say you are in bad humour at STS... but you will be back on track in no time... next week is another week, another WI.... that will be better....

There must be something in the air this week. I was in my meeting yesterday, all positive, about saving all my weeklies til the weekend, and I came out and grazed all day- ended up using 13 weeklies- oops! Then today I fancied a sugar boost after my walk, so I went to the shop for a Capri sun. Somehow came out with a can of coke and a creme egg. Coke! Havent touched the stuff since I jumped on this wagon! On the plus side, I did get to aqua aerobics, and for a walk today, so I suppose it could be worse!

Well ladies- let's draw a line under it! Tomorrow is a new day!

• Advertisement

Thanks Ali, I wish today could be a new day but I'm off to riga for the weekend!!!! Gonna be a right off me thinks. I just kept eating even after my post last nite I'm blaming it on being nervous about the flight. Lol (as if). I didn't track at all after meeting last nite. Ah well I'm back home on Monday and am gonna be super good from then till wi next thurs.

Happy Friday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

ladysaint wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I know this has been talked about but I just wanted to double check the prop points.

Are the mini tubs 2pp each?

Bought them above the big one because I just know Id over do it.

I'm not even a huge chocolate spread fan but need to try them after all the talk.

Thanks in advance & hope everyone has a good long weekend.

Yeah they are 2pp per little tub. I bought the big tub - but tip from leader was spoon from the big into the little for your portion control. I had one little tub on 3 WW brown bread with sliced banana for breakfast this morning. Felt like I was being bad but all for 5 PP!!! DELIC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to put a quick post up. I've been reading this on and off for months but not joined in. You guys have inspired and kept me going along with my meetings. I've lost 3stone 8lbs since June 2010. Spent a good bit of 2011 yoyoing the same 7-8lbs. But have come back since October 2011 determined to see Gold in 2012. And I'm a pound away from finally breaking into the 12stone range - which I've not seen in well over a decade.
    So as we all say onwards and downwards.
    Enjoy the Bank hols

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Awh guys, up a half a pound :-( God damn it, I thought I'd be down around 2lbs. She said the denim jeans prob didn't help as I have never weighted in them before (charity day in work), but even so would have sts. Ah well, just need to step it up this week now. This weekend won't help eeek! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

After WI lastnight.... Down 3! :) Got my 10% :)

So now I am at 11st 2lb....

You just keep on reaching your targets girl! Congrats! :D
    Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    After another pound down at this weeks weigh in I am now the proud owner of my first stone and second silver 7!!! WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP!!

1st stone whooop! Congratulations Cliodhna! :D
    Baby75 wrote: »
    Well I went to WI :) and I lost 1 pound! whoo hoo! I was just hoping for a sts so was delighted! I got my 3rd silver 7 and have 6and a half pounds to go to my 4th one! very happy with that! gas thing was my leader was singing my praises and telling every one how well Im doing she was chuffed as well! Gas she is !!!

3rd silver 7! Fantastic acheivement! Bring on the 4th! Congrats Baby! :D
    del88 wrote: »
    After two no change weeks i got to the 2 and a half stone lost mark last night...am delighted.:D

Cannot wait to get there (eventually!) myself! Delighted for you! :D
    Down 1.5lb at WI :D Well chuffed. 7.5lb in 7 weeks. Only 8lbs to go to get where I was before I put some of the weight I lost back on :) Only 7lb to 50lb lost (which I had hit last year but never got my certificate so can't wait for that, huge motivator) and 13lb to my 8th silver seven :D

Congrats Monife! You're certainly making the system work for you! :D

gragirl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to put a quick post up. I've been reading this on and off for months but not joined in. You guys have inspired and kept me going along with my meetings. I've lost 3stone 8lbs since June 2010. Spent a good bit of 2011 yoyoing the same 7-8lbs. But have come back since October 2011 determined to see Gold in 2012. And I'm a pound away from finally breaking into the 12stone range - which I've not seen in well over a decade.
    So as we all say onwards and downwards.
    Enjoy the Bank hols

That is amazing to have lost 3 stone 8lbs! Wow, seems so far away for me. Welll done Gragirl ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hey lads
    Anyone know deffo points for a small regular pork sausage? Is it 2pp? Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

gragirl wrote: »
    Yeah they are 2pp per little tub. I bought the big tub - but tip from leader was spoon from the big into the little for your portion control. I had one little tub on 3 WW brown bread with sliced banana for breakfast this morning. Felt like I was being bad but all for 5 PP!!! DELIC :D

Do the points not increase the more slices of bread ya have? 1slice=1pp, 2 slices=3pp etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tubbydave

hello all just signed up to the board so thought id introduce myself but since signing up iv just realised its in ireland... im in scotland does this matter??

i just started a weightwatchers program on tuesday night so was looking for a board for support and advice on pp etc.

If im not allowed on i will try find another board

thanks and good luck all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

tubbydave wrote: »
    hello all just signed up to the board so thought id introduce myself but since signing up iv just realised its in ireland... im in scotland does this matter??

i just started a weightwatchers program on tuesday night so was looking for a board for support and advice on pp etc.

Of course you can join in, welcome :D It shouldn't make any difference that you are in Scotland as the UK run the same WW propoints plan as Ireland. Feel free to ask any PP questions you have and if we don't have an answer, we will give it our best shot. Also feel free to post positive stories, bad days or general rants about WW. Best of luck in your weight loss journey :)
    Bernso wrote: »
    Hey lads
    Anyone know deffo points for a small regular pork sausage? Is it 2pp? Thanks in advance :)

2PP for a thin sausage and 3PP for a thick one. The purple book has the exact weights per PP.

No idea what to have for dinner! Have 14 pp left and need something quick and easy to make for 2!

• Advertisement

Welcome, fellow watcher of weight! Ive recently joined in myself, having restarted ww in jan- I've had a number of false starts, but I'm going strong this time! you won't find a better source of tips and info anywhere! Good luck!

No idea what to have for dinner! Have 14 pp left and need something quick and easy to make for 2!

Might I recommend knorr season and shake! Bit late for tonight's dinner, but stock up your cupboards- they're fierce handy to have in stock! Rustic beef Made an appearance on our plates this eve- seasoning, oil, veg and beef. 19 pp the lot- would serve two or three(the pack says four, but I beg to differ!). A few potatoes, and away you go! Yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

ck83 wrote: »
    Might I recommend knorr season and shake! Bit late for tonight's dinner, but stock up your cupboards- they're fierce handy to have in stock! Rustic beef Made an appearance on our plates this eve- seasoning, oil, veg and beef. 19 pp the lot- would serve two or three(the pack says four, but I beg to differ!). A few potatoes, and away you go! Yum yum!

They'd be fierce handy if ya turned on the oven :rolleyes: I stood like a muppet for 15 mins thinking the oven was on, it was I just never turned on the heat. Man I was hungry by the time I got it......Masterchef I ain't.

I had the Maggi Sweet and Sour, with mixed veg and bulgar wheat for a change. Well nice! There a bit on the salty side but still so handy when you want something with little effort.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

2PP for a thin sausage and 3PP for a thick one. The purple book has the exact weights per PP.

Cheers Monife, that's what I thought
    2 in the morning so:)

I made chicken breast burgers, with home made chips and garlic sauce. Walked around the shop for about 20 mins like an idiot! But dinner ended up delicious, will post some pics on my blog in the next day or two.

I'm not mad on the season and shake, rather do my own spice combinations. I do find them quite salty!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Yep, I'm definitely going for the deal! I keep meaning to pay in advance, it really makes you go every week!

Amen to that - can't resist a bargain! ;)

I spent yesterday eve and this eve just trying to catch up on the posts here and WOW what brilliant weight loss stories and what fabulous leaps along the road to goal!! You guys are AMAZING!

For those who were STS - its crappy but I always figure its a damn sight better than the +2/+3/+4 that would have happened if I hadn't done ww that week so chin up :)

Just a quick question if anyone can help: I had Irish stew + 1 scoop of mash for dinner today at work. Anyone any ideas on points? I was thinking 12pp but is that a bit optimistic? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hello and welcome :) no I dont think it matteres were your from, we are all in the same boat here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tubbydave

thanks for the warm welcome folks...

ps my other half who started ww a week before me has just made a new pudding which is 7pp;

half a tub of choc Philadelphia (melted)
    throw in some chopped strawberries
    and 4 chopped mini meringue nests from morrisons

and stir the lot well

she said it was absolutely delicious

im also a little concerned as i said the first time i went to ww was on tuesday night and they have given me 51 points which i feel is a bit excessive and i dont think im going to lose weight eating that many points??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

ps my other half who started ww a week before me has just made a new pudding which is 7pp;

half a tub of choc Philadelphia (melted)
    throw in some chopped strawberries
    and 4 chopped mini meringue nests from morrisons

and stir the lot well

she said it was absolutely delicious

im also a little concerned as i said the first time i went to ww was on tuesday night and they have given me 51 points which i feel is a bit excessive and i dont think im going to lose weight eating that many points??? :confused:
    not sayin you have a lot to lose but if you have,thats why ur on 51 plus the fact that ur male!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Welcome this thread is great and it doesn't matter where you're from :)
    You're on that amount because you're male and then it'll depend on how much you have to lose. My advice would be to top up your meals with lots of protein and healthy fats such as avocados. This will help you use up your points. Also stick to full fat versions such as milk and butter for now and then as you're points drop as you lose the weight you can change your diet around.

Thanks for the advice re the Penny's clothes last night. I've decided to buy all the tops now as I doubt I'll drop much more on top. I'm going to buy one or two of the nicer shorts and trousers for now. I just hope that they're not all gone by the time I get a chance to go back which will probably be Sun or Tues. Penny's nice stuff always sells so quickly!

ETA: Hope everyone has a great Paddy's Day and don't fall too off the wagon :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement