Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Some upset win for Maynooth over Moorefield at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I put the groups as below based on the original draw:

Eadestown, Sarsfields, carbury, celbridge

Maynooth, naas, jtb, Athy

Larrys, clane, confey, Castledermot

moorefield, clogherinkoe, raheens, towers

As an aside, surely the groups and should be on the website by now, cmon lads!

Jack OConnor has stepped down as Kildare manager. Back to kerry maybe?

Davy Burke is surely a front runner for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Sonny678

I heard its between Tom Cribben and Davy Burke. KFM have said they would like Tom Cribben. Surprised Glenn Ryan not mentioned great job with Longford and kildare U21s.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wasn't it a bit mad that he was commuting from West Kerry for the matches. Did he make it up to the training sessions too I wonder. And what was the thing he said about a player? I only saw someone mention it on Twitter the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Glen Ryan announced as new manager. Don’t know how I feel about that. Absolute hero as a player but an underwhelming career as a manager

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

I would have preferred Davy myself, would have loved to see who the managers outside were too but Glenn is a legend and will do everything for Kildare to be successful like he did as a player and I will support him. Good team involved as well.

It's some team of Kildaremen that's going to take the team between Glen and his selectors some of the best men our county has ever produced they'll expect and demand 100% from everyone that's for sure.

I don't think I've ever wanted a management team to succeed more than this one they'll put steel and hardness into us anyway that's for sure.

County Final day. Naas are a young team, so undoubtedly under dogs.

Yeow. County Champions.

• Advertisement

Great win for Naas I'm thrilled for Leper if ever a man deserved it he did a warrior for club and county for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Was the Naas v Sarsfields game streamed anywhere and if so is it still available to view?

If you find it, let us know. I'd definitely watch it again.

There was a lad in front of me recording on a telescopic pole, so it's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I dont see a stream mentioned on any of Kildare social media platforms so I presume it wasnt.

I would say the camera on pole in front of you is associated with one of the clubs so may not be easier to get hands on

Naas with the double today.

Anyone at it?

Naas beat Tullamore at the death, last kick of the game, a goal went in. I'd have to see it again, but I think a shot was blocked, defender went to clear it, rebounded off a Naas lads back, and rebounded over the line.

Tullamore were robbed. But Naas should have been ahead by more, but for dropped shots and wides.

Left it late to bring extra time today. Some thumper of a goal by the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

An Enjoyable Sunday afternoon probably should have won the game in the end but to hold Kerry to 4 points in the second half was seriously impressive.

Yes, great to see direct football, running at players and also a bit of needle which we have been lacking over the last while. I know its only the first game but promising signs in terms of the style of football the lads want to play

For the next few matches I hope we can get wins under our belt and maintain division 1 status. Last time we were in div 1 we had lots of good performances but still lost most (possibly all?) our games and went straight back down. Hopefully we can put away a few teams this year and kick on from there

• Advertisement

We lost them all and followed that up with the infamous day of shame against Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Unable to attend tomorrow. Does anyone want two tickets? Face value of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

up the lillys 😉

Some game. Not often I look at one on the telly, and can't wait for the Sunday game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

I thought that we were going to blow it near the end, a little bit of panic setting in when trying to close it out.

The win is great as a preparation for the summer as it removes the “unbeatable “ aura

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

That was a special one. We are really going somewhere under Glenn & Co and the fans are back behind the team

ByJaysis that was sweet we've waited 22 fycking years for that since that sweet day in Croker at the Leinster final replay a few nerves towards the end and if we're honest Dublin blew 3 goal chances including one of the easiest I've ever seen missed but it males up for last week when we got no luck at all.

Psychologically it is huge for us to beat them huge for us to finally win a tight game against a genuine top table division 1 team if we can get over Monaghan we should stay in division 1 and if we can do that it'll bring us on leaps and bounds. We're by no means the finished article yet but by god we're going the right way.

Massive win yesterday we were threatening to put up a big score for a while and dare I say it we looked better without Dan Flynn.

They played great, just unlucky. Bit of a fight next year to get back up.

• Advertisement

It'll be tough next year especially with Dublin also in Division 2. I thought we were poor tactically on Sunday though we just let Mayo have their kickout we should have pushed up on it and forced them to kick it long where Feely was cleaning up in the middle also defensively we were poor Mayo had far too many handy scores and far too many goal chances.

Overall we've done well for a promoted team and you can't bridge such a huge gap in 1 year but staying up would have helped our progress so much.

Advertisement