Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you really love someone

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Tigger wrote: »
    i pity most posters in this thread

i do
    I don't like to be alone in the night
    And I don't like to hear I'm wrong when I'm right
    And I don't like to have the rain on my shoes
    But I do love you
    But I do love you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It happens in movies and books all the time. Guy sees a girl and instantly knows he's in true love...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Who's to say that you can or can't? It's all subjective.

People telling pat that he didn't fall in love with his wife when he first met her - excuse me? Can you read minds? :rolleyes: It's awfully presumptive because you really don't know whether he did or not. And you never will.

Edit: Loving all the song lyrics - my head's buzzing with music now, to YouTube! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Does beer count ?...

I fell out of love a few years ago with a woman i thought i loved, but then i realised that my real love was for beer.

My love for beer is 100% and i cannot see us part as we have such a great relationship and real understanding.

We have our highs and lows at certain times of the week with me narky and giving out because i cannot have my loved one in my hands and to kiss and to make love to, and then there are day's i miss her (beer) and cannot afford to meet her as she demands money all the time.

Love is blind, especially in my case (of beer) as sometimes it's lonely when i cannot have and taste my beloved. Love is great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I think you can,i scored with my ex years ago when I was drunk and the next week agreed to meet each other. as I approached the cinema I seen her and she smiled at me, fell in love instantly. even though our relationship went off the rails after that I will always remember that moment and im so grateful to her for giving it to me.we're still best friends to this day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

i fell i love, the moment i saw my OH and married almost 20years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Had a conversation with my bf earlier

me: I don't love you
    Him: don't love you either
    me: want to get a pizza and go for pints after?
    Him: couldn't think of anything better

Best relationship ever.

I want to believe it, but the analytical, rational part of my brain tells me it just chemical overload. Initially at least.

I'm sure love can grow quickly if not instantly. I'm more interested in what happens after the 'in love' part fades. What you're left with then would be the real thing, the warts and all stuff that lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Morpheus wrote: »
    Are you going to let her out of the basement after that or will she be rescued by a black man who kicks in your front door!??:pac:

She's mine now, my precious

Advertisement