Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronaldo at water protest in Cavan!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's also ironic the abuse they give the workers at the end. "Shows you how much brains they have. none"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Grayson wrote: »
    Obviously the the guy who bit the IW employee was a plant by Denis O'Brien. And even if it wasn't it's hardly newsworthy.
    :rolleyes: (I detest the rolleyes smiley but in this case it's warranted.

How do we know this incident wasn't related to something else? I certainly would take anything I read in the Indo with a large pinch of salt.

F34 wrote: »
    Do you seriously not think it's a rather odd coincidence that the Indo is the one breaking these stories on a daily basis to discredit the entire anti water movement given the papers and GMC Sierra ownership?

Do you not think it's utter fcuking scumbaggery to bite someone? And it's certainly newsworthy.

How do we know this incident wasn't related to something else? I certainly would take anything I read in the Indo with a large pinch of salt.

http://explosm.net/comics/3668/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I broke me hole laughing at this, this country is so mad in so many ways :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

mrmorgan wrote: »
    how come we didn't have protests like this when the USC came in, which you prob pay the yearly water charge in one week!!!

Because 99% of these particular protesters don't actually pay USC.
    That would require having a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do you seriously not think it's a rather odd coincidence that the Indo is the one breaking these stories on a daily basis to discredit the entire anti water movement given the papers and GMC Sierra ownership?

Fact

Do you not think it's utter fcuking scumbaggery to bite someone? And it's certainly newsworthy.

Did I say anywhere it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

"That shows the mentality of the brains they have, none"
    I love this sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Because 99% of these particular protesters don't actually pay USC.
    That would require having a job.

good point :)

• Advertisement

bjork wrote: »

The one that was linked to yes.

I'm not for one minute here defending people being scummy and preventing people going about their jobs indeed I actually agree with metering people for water usage.

What I don't agree with is anyone who objects to Irish water is now being labeled a looney leftie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Are you seriously suggesting that the press only print positive stories about water protesters in case water protesters get a bad name or something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Paul Murphy is the leader of an army of these miscreants all over the country.

The real face of the IW "movement".

Pathetic lowlifes who suffer an allergic reaction from participating in an honest day's work.

Are you seriously suggesting that the press only print positive stories about water protesters in case water protesters get a bad name or something!?

Yeah that's exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Did I say anywhere it wasn't.

You're more worried about the fact that a newspaper is reporting news than the fact that someone bit an IW employee.

I think the indo is a rag. I have bought/read it in over 10 years, probably longer. The story is however news worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

BrianJD wrote: »
    I have a simple philosophy: Never take advise from a man in a tracksuit unless it's on your fitness

Brilliant!

I'm using that in future :)

You're more worried about the fact that a newspaper is reporting news than the fact that someone bit an IW employee.

I think the indo is a rag. I have bought/read it in over 10 years, probably longer. The story is however news worthy.

No I'm pointing out that the fact that the man is an IW employee could be coincidental.

Plenty of scumbags about the place involved in random acts of violence.

I'll presume you meant to say that you "haven't" bought/read that rag in over 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

unjedilike wrote: »
    "That shows the mentality of the brains they have, none"
    I love this sentence

Ye want to talk about Brains, they actually put this video up as sort of promotional material for their campaign on their Baileborough against Irish water facebook page!

They have taken it down since presumably when people pointed out how ridiculous it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Another brave soldier injured in the line of duty, hope he's back on his feet soon.

No I'm pointing out that the fact that the man is an IW employee could be coincidental.

Plenty of scumbags about the place involved in random acts of violence.

I'll presume you meant to say that you "haven't" bought/read that rag in over 10 years?

You presumed correctly. I was a regular on P45 when they trolled them. they're copy journalists who have more paid commentators and lifestyle journalists than actual journalists.

But the news story in question is an actual news story. If there's evidence to suggest otherwise then stick it up here.
    These IW "protesters" travel around the country giving abuse to people. they bit someone. they stopped a woman from visiting her sick child in hospital. they've damaged state property. they called the president a midget parasite. This isn't as you said a "random act of violence". This is an organised group who are dedicated to causing trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Tracksuit wearing knacker scumbag, get a job you unwashed cretin.

Really showing the IW protestors up for what they really are: left wing loons or knackers.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

BrianJD wrote: »
    I love watching these videos! It's like watching America's Dumbest criminals or some show like it. What ever it is about these video protesters, they immediately make me feel better about myself even though I'm currently in hospital with Kidney Stones.

I would have been 50 50 as to whether we should pay the water charge but every one of these videos I watch make me happy that I did just so I can feel better for doing something these gob****es think we shouldn't. I have a simple philosophy: Never take advise from a man in a tracksuit unless it's on your fitness.

If they could just start protesting against PAYE now so I could feel a little bit happier paying that...

You're glad you agreed to being swindled just because you don't like the cut of people who urged you not to let yourself be swindled?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Did anyone else notice how the video mysteriously stops when a voice says something which appeared to be "they have my permission to be here"

Strange,that.

Edit:Also, the f***ing arrogant brain dead tossers were going to call on ambulance?!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Tracksuit wearing knacker scumbag, get a job you unwashed cretin.

Really showing the IW protestors up for what they really are: left wing loons or knackers.

I'd imagine that if you were presented with a representative person from EVERY walk of life, urban poor, working class, middle class blue collar, middle class white collar, doctor/dentist/engineer types, pampered D4 lady of leisure, college professor, crusty, hippy, cage-fighter, rural peasant, mid-size farmer, etc., etc., protesting water charges you would label them all "left wing loons"

That's the thing. People who don't have the courage to protest and prefer to keep the head down, don't draw attention to yourself, be submissive, run with the herd, resent those who do have the courage to protest so the best they can do is try to ridicule them.

These water charges would be scrapped in the morning if nobody agreed to pay. But once you get a core of the more malleable people caving in and not putting up a fight then it's a lot easier to implement since the conflict has moved from people vs IW to suckers vs resistors. The resisters are trying to convince the suckers and the suckers don't want to be convinced because they are afraid. They also think they are in the right since it's generally the poorer who are fighting it and the suckers would rather not have anything in common with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Who do these shams always have that charlie chaplin feet thing going on? They walk like penguins

• Registered Users Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its ****ing idiots like him that are the problem with this country. What's as bad as the guy in the extended video asking did they "catch it on camera".

I say they have not worked a day between them expect benefits and claim anything they can.

We should open Spike Island again and throw them there and leave them there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Egginacup wrote: »
    I'd imagine that if you were presented with a representative person from EVERY walk of life, urban poor, working class, middle class blue collar, middle class white collar, doctor/dentist/engineer types, pampered D4 lady of leisure, college professor, crusty, hippy, cage-fighter, rural peasant, mid-size farmer, etc., etc., protesting water charges you would label them all "left wing loons"

That's the thing. People who don't have the courage to protest and prefer to keep the head down, don't draw attention to yourself, be submissive, run with the herd, resent those who do have the courage to protest so the best they can do is try to ridicule them.

These water charges would be scrapped in the morning if nobody agreed to pay. But once you get a core of the more malleable people caving in and not putting up a fight then it's a lot easier to implement since the conflict has moved from people vs IW to suckers vs resistors. The resisters are trying to convince the suckers and the suckers don't want to be convinced because they are afraid. They also think they are in the right since it's generally the poorer who are fighting it and the suckers would rather not have anything in common with them.

The water charges will allow IW to have dedicated revenue to upgrade our water supply to prevent leaks and wastage over the coming years. This will lead to less water being required from reservoirs to meet the demand which will naturally lead to cheaper water.

Most people actually have no trouble paying for water. They do object to the clusterfcuk that is IW. And the large scale protests did have a large number of people who turned out. Most of whom are absolutely disgusted at the antics of a smaller number of protesters who harass people.

Are you trying to portray the idiots in that videos as courageous people? Or is it the guys who bite innocent people? They're fcuking hero's alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

bjork wrote: »
    Wat'er spanner

I'll just leave this here

Worker is bitten outside his home by anti-charges protester
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/worker-is-bitten-outside-his-home-by-anticharges-protester-31004442.html
    First Ronaldo and now Luis Suarez what's next. We'll have Diego Costa soon going around stamping on Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

btw I love how people are like describing this as a conflict. This is by no means of a conflict after all how many Irish Water protesters did the government kill and vice versa. I mean if you want to look at a genuine conflict just look at ukraine or the middle east.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement