Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new powers

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

rocky911 wrote: »
    Nope but full time members in the division ( Cork City ) got something alright about it

Do tell, why them first, the regulars?
    I know of meetings in Dublin... But enough is enough! A lot more needs to be done after this carry on..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Do tell, why them first, the regulars?
    I know of meetings in Dublin... But enough is enough! A lot more needs to be done after this carry on..

My guess is that someone somewhere has their head screwed on. They know Reserves will need the help from full-timers if/when new powers are given to Reserves. They know full-timers will have to show maturity ; guidance and support to ALL reserves.

Informing full-timers first is only polite and right imo! They will be the ones joining Reserves as Reserves find their feet and confidence in this potential new environment with added pressures, whilst volunteering.

Perhaps that's why the full-timers were told something first,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

kerry4sam wrote: »
    My guess is that someone somewhere has their head screwed on. They know Reserves will need the help from full-timers if/when new powers are given to Reserves. They know full-timers will have to show maturity ; guidance and support to ALL reserves.

Informing full-timers first is only polite and right imo! They will be the ones joining Reserves as Reserves find their feet and confidence in this potential new environment with added pressures, whilst volunteering.

Perhaps that's why the full-timers were told something first,
    kerry4sam

Spot on to be honest, I cannot see us getting them till the start of next year going on previous experiences.

Final meeting on powers...

I heard that soon after you had this meeting... Your signed off with immediate effect. How true is this!...

Well after all those years it has arrived!
    Only if you need to use them!!!
    No power trippers need apply...
    Well done to all who got the reserves this far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Well after all those years it has arrived!
    Only if you need to use them!!!
    No power trippers need apply...
    Well done to all who got the reserves this far!

Have they been introduced and what are they ?

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Have they been introduced and what are they ?

Don't take this up the wrong way!
    If your a reserve please look into it further internally due to restrictions... But it's a go from the time you have last meeting etc.. Very in depth stuff not for public discussion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Good to here , big step in the right direction for the Reserve force .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭irishgti

Finally for any reserve that knew that there hands were tied that day as come that they can truly assist their colleagues

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

irishgti wrote: »
    Finally for any reserve that knew that there hands were tied that day as come that they can truly assist their colleagues

What are the new powers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

Cedric87 wrote: »
    What are the new powers ?

If you are a reserve /full member i would suggest you contact your Inspector for that information.

irishgti wrote: »

Absolutely right, even before hand you still could give a dig out! It's all about using your head!
    Great that you can now hand out fines and prosecute in court... So another thing if that door bell rings and you see the Gardai standing there with a piece of paper in his hand, it's likey a Reserve handing you your summons with a smile lol....
    Public order stuff goes with out saying..
    Giving false details can land you down the nick!...
    Road traffic enforcement..
    Seizing powers.. Drunk/Drug driving and searching... The list goes on and on... It's there if you Must use them...we are still 10 years behind the UK and the North....
    It's a start.... Another thing power tripers may not apply.... Any Reseves out there get on to your local liaison officer to get signed off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I have not heard anything about new powers anywhere in the news? surely it would be somthing that would get a bigger mention?

carzony wrote: »
    I have not heard anything about new powers anywhere in the news? surely it would be somthing that would get a bigger mention?

It has been released internally, it's no big deal really... Regulations change all the time.
    It only makes TV for PR purposes which we don't want! These reporters get it very wrong with the info they think is right... I haven't red an article that was right.. I've trained in new stuff and a year later it was missed reported on.. What ever sells...

Advertisement