Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSAP!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

where are you getting the percentile? i checked thread but couldn't see any links to check. My cao hasnbt updated with it and i've never received a letter. Congrats to everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

MSAP send you an email with a link attached ,you then use your exam number that you got on your msap registration letter to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

steoin wrote: »
    Dunner1 wrote: »
    hi guys,doing a project for college, could you please hit the link and fill in the questionnaire, thanks, http://obsurvey.com/s2.aspx?id=35F100E5-5195-43F5-B69B-5D0F55A9E38E

Have you ok'd it with the mods ? If not it might cause you some hassle also I feel you should create a seperate thread for it.
    sorry now for my ignorance but what are mods and how do I create a thread? This is all new to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HollyRichter

Hey everyone:)
    Did you guys get the percentile yet....I just have the scores but no percentile.
    I received a letter from Trinity yesterday to say I have an interview for their Psychology course so I am extremely happy about that as competition was tough but for UCC and UCD I am told you need to get 90 or over percentile to be in with a chance...??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

sorry now for my ignorance but what are mods and how do I create a thread? This is all new to me!!

Sorry mod is short for Moderator and their task is to uphold the rules of the forum they moderate im not sure if you need permission in this specific forum it hasn't been locked so your probably ok

& to create a new thread, on the top left hand side of the list of threads it has a button new thread select that. see attached.
    New thread.png

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

Hey everyone:)
    Did you guys get the percentile yet....I just have the scores but no percentile.
    I received a letter from Trinity yesterday to say I have an interview for their Psychology course so I am extremely happy about that as competition was tough but for UCC and UCD I am told you need to get 90 or over percentile to be in with a chance...??

You get the percentile score in the email from MSAP if you follow the link and enter your detail from what i have gathered your weighed score needs to be around 125 to be in the 90th percentile.
    And best of luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

steoin wrote: »

Sorry mod is short for Moderator and their task is to uphold the rules of the forum they moderate im not sure if you need permission in this specific forum it hasn't been locked so your probably ok

& to create a new thread, on the top left hand side of the list of threads it has a button new thread select that. see attached.
    New thread.png
    That's cool thanks a million for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

just wondering if your second or third choice on the cao requires an interview will you be called for it or will you not because its not your first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lostbooks

After a long time out of education I am delighted with my results.

Written English 133 scaled score, 92nd percentile
    Critical Reasoning 114 scaled score, 78th percentile
    Overall scaled score 124 and overall 89th percentile

I have not stopped smiling.

Thanks Steoin:)

Checked my email and it was there, didn't seem to come through on my phone:/ got 108 so not quite high enough for the 90 percentile but maybe with my personal statement, they will offer me an interview.
    Fingers crossed for Trinity though, I don't think they go by the MSAP as I sat a seperate aptitude test for there, obviously did better in that to be called for an interview...well please about that as out of 85 people they said they call 10 for an interview....I hope nerves don't get the better of me on the day:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

auskid wrote: »
    just wondering if your second or third choice on the cao requires an interview will you be called for it or will you not because its not your first choice

I've just come out of an interview for my 4th choice, and there was no mention of why it was only 4th on the list.

Hey Anfield:)

Was your interview at Trinity....what was it like, any tips would be greatly appreciated:)

Hey Anfield:)

Was your interview at Trinity....what was it like, any tips would be greatly appreciated:)

yeah it was trinity. they were very friendly, just asked me why i felt i needed to pursue the course at college level rather than on my own time, what aspects of the course were of particular interest to me, how i felt i'd cope with a workload that can include 20,000 word essays, what authors i've been reading and if there were any aspects of the course i thought might be particularly challenging. listen, i don't know how much time you have before your interview, but one thing that they asked me and i was stumped on was "are there any members of the lecturing staff who's work you're particularly interested in" or something to that effect, so maybe have a quick browse online for some info...fair play, i know a couple of people who got knocked back from psychology.it's really tough to even get to interview stage, so well done.

thanks so much for that Anfield...it's great to hear from somebody who has been through the process already:) I hope yours went well and you get a place...I have until the 24th so I will read up a bit about the lecturers and the research they are doing, I have done a bit of that already but I will try find some relating to the lecturers for my course....I think the most important thing is being yourself and showing that you are the kind of person they would want at the college, focused, enthusiastic etc...I hope so anyway lol did you dress casual or formal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

This post has been deleted.

thanks so much for that Anfield...it's great to hear from somebody who has been through the process already:) I hope yours went well and you get a place...I have until the 24th so I will read up a bit about the lecturers and the research they are doing, I have done a bit of that already but I will try find some relating to the lecturers for my course....I think the most important thing is being yourself and showing that you are the kind of person they would want at the college, focused, enthusiastic etc...I hope so anyway lol did you dress casual or formal?

I'm in for law on the 24th and a friend of mine thinks I should dress a bit more formally for that, today was fairly casual...there was a couple of others waiting to do interviews and they were casual too.psychology...hmm, not sure...you have to assume they, of all people, will analyse everything you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poly.anna

yeah it was trinity. they were very friendly, just asked me why i felt i needed to pursue the course at college level rather than on my own time, what aspects of the course were of particular interest to me, how i felt i'd cope with a workload that can include 20,000 word essays, what authors i've been reading and if there were any aspects of the course i thought might be particularly challenging. listen, i don't know how much time you have before your interview, but one thing that they asked me and i was stumped on was "are there any members of the lecturing staff who's work you're particularly interested in" or something to that effect, so maybe have a quick browse online for some info...fair play, i know a couple of people who got knocked back from psychology.it's really tough to even get to interview stage, so well done.

I have two interviews for Trinity next week and week after- on Mature Student entry...but I feel my percentile is very low at 84. When I look at some other scores from other locations like Cork and how they were translated to percentile , my score seems lower than it should be by two percentile .. but I am delighted to get any interview here as I applied in previous years and was unsuccessful. I read what I could on lecturing staff to know what their own disciplines and research areas are currently and past, as it is easy to find this online. Reading over the modules is also good grounding but I am very nervous - actually cried when I got the letter :)Good luck to everyone - even if you don't get a call this year or don't get through the interview selections it is valuable experience - go away 'evaluate' don't be disheartened and try again.

Hey Poly.anna,
    Well done on getting the interview....I have one for psychology too:):) Are you referring to your MSAP score being too low because I don't think Trinity go on that, they have a seperate aptitude test. My MSAP wasn't great either so I don't know whether I will get an interview with UCD or UCC but obviously my Trinity test was good as I got an interview with them....

Hey Poly.anna,
    Well done on getting the interview....I have one for psychology too:):) Are you referring to your MSAP score being too low because I don't think Trinity go on that, they have a seperate aptitude test. My MSAP wasn't great either so I don't know whether I will get an interview with UCD or UCC but obviously my Trinity test was good as I got an interview with them....

Hi Holly - My interview is for Theology :) I went back over some of the conversions from other posters who took MSAP exam in Cork and Dublin and wondered why my percentile was not a little higher - like 2 - 4 % to bring it over at least 85. I wanted about 90 as a respectable Mature 're entry'. Good Luck with your interview ! I have no idea what to expect in this interview and seem to recall that it may be followed by a second ? I have Eng Lit interview on 18th aswell but as its half the TSM I suppose I have to get Theology or forfeit the second subject too.Back to notes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Checho

I'm in for law on the 24th and a friend of mine thinks I should dress a bit more formally for that, today was fairly casual...there was a couple of others waiting to do interviews and they were casual too.psychology...hmm, not sure...you have to assume they, of all people, will analyse everything you do!

Hi Anfield bound...! I have an interview for psychology on the 24th, I was looking for info through the posts. I posted another thread somewhere else as well but I'm new in boards.ie and I'm a bit lost :-P
    Thanks a lot for the info you shared, it's very useful, and of course good luck, I wish you got a place....!
    I have some other questions if you don't mind:
    Did they ask you about how you would support yourself financially? did they seem concerned about that?
    who were the interviewers?
    Was it long?...
    Thanks a million, honestly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Checho

Hi HollyRichter! I saw your reply to my other post, thanks a lot and I wish you good luck! and thanks for asking those questions, it's of great help...
    My interview is on the 24th as well, what time is yours? :-) I also have an interview for Philosophy on the 17th, so maybe that will help me for training hehe... I'll keep you posted.

Checho wrote: »
    Hi Anfield bound...! I have an interview for psychology on the 24th, I was looking for info through the posts. I posted another thread somewhere else as well but I'm new in boards.ie and I'm a bit lost :-P
    Thanks a lot for the info you shared, it's very useful, and of course good luck, I wish you got a place....!
    I have some other questions if you don't mind:
    Did they ask you about how you would support yourself financially? did they seem concerned about that?
    who were the interviewers?
    Was it long?...
    Thanks a million, honestly!

No, there was no mention of finances at all by them. I was Interviewed by a woman from the History dept. and a guy from Political Science, they were both very friendly and casual about it....I subsequently got a rejection letter though so its difficult to judge!full steam ahead for the 24th now.best of luck with your interview.

No, there was no mention of finances at all by them. I was Interviewed by a woman from the History dept. and a guy from Political Science, they were both very friendly and casual about it....I subsequently got a rejection letter though so its difficult to judge!full steam ahead for the 24th now.best of luck with your interview.

How soon after your interview did you get a rejection letter..?? That seems very soon ? Did you apply as a Single Honour or TSM?

Poly.anna wrote: »
    How soon after your interview did you get a rejection letter..?? That seems very soon ? Did you apply as a Single Honour or TSM?

single honour. did the interview on tuesday and got the letter that thursday. they said they'd be making their decision that day but it was still a bit of a shock to receive the 'thanks but no thanks' 2 days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 murphybyrne

hey everyone i just received my letter from nuim today i got in yay! least now i can feel a little confident, its bittersweet cus if i dont get accepted to ucd through my msap score il have to take nuim and all my plans will need to be changed dramatically. i never realised how nerve wreaking and stressful waiting would be.
    does anyone know how long it takes to receive a letter from ucd? my overall msap was 75% and by what ppl have been saying if 90% is the cut off then i obviously wont get a ucd spot. i just wish i could know so i can start sorting out everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

single honour. did the interview on tuesday and got the letter that thursday. they said they'd be making their decision that day but it was still a bit of a shock to receive the 'thanks but no thanks' 2 days later.

A friends brother had the same thing from Trinity last year. Think it was of social studies he applied. He rang and asked for feedback on his interview as he did get rejected. He was told that the didn't think he would complete the course as he had not previously done any type of courses in it before. Asked if he did an access course in it would it help. They said yes as it would show he could complete something.

I'd suggest you ring up and ask for the feedback to see what they say. Can only help.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

hey everyone i just received my letter from nuim today i got in yay! least now i can feel a little confident, its bittersweet cus if i dont get accepted to ucd through my msap score il have to take nuim and all my plans will need to be changed dramatically. i never realised how nerve wreaking and stressful waiting would be.
    does anyone know how long it takes to receive a letter from ucd? my overall msap was 75% and by what ppl have been saying if 90% is the cut off then i obviously wont get a ucd spot. i just wish i could know so i can start sorting out everything.

Hi murf, congrats on NUIM - I haven't heard from them. For UCD check out the 'news' section of the mature student portal on UCD it says which courses have made their decisions. You should have got e mail notification either way, but I didn't get anything- the email got lost - so if you're still wondering give em a ring... They're very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Can i just ask, is it the Overall Percentile the colleges use or just the overall combined score of the two tests like, I kinda have a feeling already that its the percentile they use use to determine your application, but just to confirm thanks

Can i just ask, is it the Overall Percentile the colleges use or just the overall combined score of the two tests like, I kinda have a feeling already that its the percentile they use use to determine your application, but just to confirm thanks

Think they use the overall score, not percentile, as that was supplied to CAO. Score was also what was on the NUIG ansaphone message...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

sara1 wrote: »

Hi Sara I got offered history and political science In trinity today my 1st choice. Still can't believe the thick builder from Limerick has got into TCD.

good luck with the future

sara1 wrote: »

Hi Sara, also got NUIG - woo hoo! See you there in a few weeks!

Advertisement