Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Froyo for Samsung Galaxy S

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 droidman

Wonder can I pick somebody's brain on this one - updated to 2.2 last week and the phone immediately became laggy much more noticeably than on 2.1 (I barely had any lag on that at all). So I installed the z4root thing and ran that then installed EXT2 tools and ran the latest one click lag fix 2.3.0 and ran that.

After a reboot, the phone seemed to score really high on that quadrant thing so seemed to be going very fast but I was still getting lag - like going into contacts could show a black screen for 3 secs and scrolling in the apps list took a second to kick in. I now we are only talking about short delays and I'm not that impatient but if it can go faster I'd like it to do so.

Anyway I've tried a factory wipe and it's still the same so how do i uninstall the stuff to try the one click trick again? I have manually uninstalled the z4root and the OCLF. EXT2 tools are still there and some other icon called Superuser and if i try to install the oclf again it says it's already installed? The Quadrant thing reports the phone is the same speed as stock Galaxy S so i have definetly uninstalled something.

Don't want to brick the phone so if some kind soul could tell me what to do that would be a big help - when's 2.3 out? lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Just upgraded to 2.2 via Three, pretty painless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Thibor wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm on the 3 network, logged onto Kies today, upgraded firmware to 2.2 no problem at all.
    It seems like the phone is a LOT slower though, took 5 seconds for it to open the app screen. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

No probs so far

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bigears1

Has anyone managed to upgrade to2.2 on 3 yet on this version
    PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3IE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

I'm the same firmware and it seems any phone with that firmware can't yet upgrade. Exactly what firmwares on 3 have gotten the update so far?

There's just JF, JP and JG yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

The hard reset done the trick nicely, phone now runs as smooth as a.. something that runs really smoothly

Thankd for all the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 waiting4wind

Also waiting on upgrade from 3 with PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3IE

Lack of Flash is really annoying

Keithoh, is your wife's phone newer or older than yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Keithoh, is your wife's phone newer or older than yours?

Wifes phone is a newer phone, only by about 2-3 weeks though.

fransdev wrote: »

This doesn't apply to the phones with build PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3I, just tried and still no update

• Advertisement

keithoh wrote: »
    This doesn't apply to the phones with build PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3I, just tried and still no update

Hi Keith
    this is getting really annoying,I have sent an email direct to Samsung and 3.ie and suggest you all do the same, is there anything else you can think of? maybe we should all demand an uptodate replacement phone! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

bigears1 wrote: »
    Hi Keith
    this is getting really annoying,I have sent an email direct to Samsung and 3.ie and suggest you all do the same, is there anything else you can think of? maybe we should all demand an uptodate replacement phone! :(

Can you let me know the addreses that you sent the emails to? I want to do the same and would suggest that others do it too...

bigears1 wrote: »
    Hi Keith

Bigears, and everyone else on 3 who can't update firmware please she fransdev solution post #26

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056106452&page=2

Have used this myself and phone is updating as I type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Anyone updating through Odin etc. (not using KIES), be aware that it may invalidate your warranty.

In saying that flashing through Odin is very easy. And works without using KIES :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Bigears, and everyone else on 3 who can't update firmware please she fransdev solution post #26

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056106452&page=2

Have used this myself and phone is updating as I type

sorry to sound naive here but he warned about making sure the 3 download mode buttons were working first.
    do i just test to see it is working or do i actually have to have the phone in this mode before i use the registry patch?

norabattie wrote: »
    sorry to sound naive here but he warned about making sure the 3 download mode buttons were working first.
    do i just test to see it is working or do i actually have to have the phone in this mode before i use the registry patch?

Just test to see if it works. You don't need the phone in this mode to use the patch. You just use Kies as normal with the phone turned as normal and then connect with usb cable

Just test to see if it works. You don't need the phone in this mode to use the patch. You just use Kies as normal with the phone turned as normal and then connect with usb cable

it didnt work keith...but i presume this doesn't make a difference..
    i'm slightly nervous about chancing it but i'm sick of waiting to be honest!

it didnt work keith...but i presume this doesn't make a difference..
    i'm slightly nervous about chancing it but i'm sick of waiting to be honest!

Because it's using Kies to do the update, it may not matter about the 3 button recovery mode working, but I can't guarantee that. If it works for you let us know, and make sure you've got version 102 of Kies installed

so i executed the registry patcher and i'm getting an error code

c\users\appdata\local\zipeg\application\support.dat

what i dont get is why my zipeg is included in the error?!!

am i supposed to extract something first before i can run the patch?
    help i'm kinda lost here..sorry for bothering everyone!

• Advertisement

so i executed the registry patcher and i'm getting an error code

c\users\appdata\local\zipeg\application\support.dat

what i dont get is why my zipeg is included in the error?!!

am i supposed to extract something first before i can run the patch?
    help i'm kinda lost here..sorry for bothering everyone!

The file you downloaded should have been a zip file, so just unzip the file in a new folder and run the exe file, which should look like the kies icon

The file you downloaded should have been a zip file, so just unzip the file in a new folder and run the exe file, which should look like the kies icon

sorry about that..how did i not think of that.
    anyway Keith - your a star..
    downloaded no problem although i am having some serious lagging issues.
    debating now whether to get a lag fix for it, but maybe that's for another day.
    anyway thanks again for that! I really appreciate it. :)

jimbo007 wrote: »
    Can you let me know the addreses that you sent the emails to? I want to do the same and would suggest that others do it too...

Hi Jimbo
    Just go to the Samsung and 3.ie sites and select Contact, there is a form there to fill in
    Samsung replied to day and just stated that they are in the final stages of testing in the UK !!and that 2.2 has been released for open market phones only (what ever that means!) I only got an automated reply from 3, However I did get a chap in India (tech support) he said that were aware of the problem with Firmware JG1 and that it was being looked into but could not give any time line as to when it would be fixed.

ok after upgrading my phone today I decided to do a hard reset.
    But before i did it, I decided to save all my pics etc.
    After connecting Kies ,it is now showing that my phone has another upgrade available..lol
    Does anybody know what this could possibly be and if I should do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Just upgraded mine to Froyo - for the record; an O2 customer. Had to update Kies to latest version first, but once done, the firmware upgrade was painless.

ok after upgrading my phone today I decided to do a hard reset.
    But before i did it, I decided to save all my pics etc.
    After connecting Kies ,it is now showing that my phone has another upgrade available..lol
    Does anybody know what this could possibly be and if I should do it?

Is there any details on the new upgrade? It could be a revision of the 2.2 upgrade. A 2.2.2 so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delonglad

Ok I have spent the last 4 hours trying everything.

I have the latest version of Kies, backed up my files and did a format sd and all that managed to do was get rid of the mtp error where the screen goes crazy flashing.

I updated windows media player as suggested on another forum. Did nothing.

I have now done a full factory reset and installed the drivers from xda and the phone is there in my computer connected but kies will not connect. The phone is now even saying connected instead of initialising but the kies just will not pick it up.

My head is melted, has anyone any idea what else can be done.

I'm running windows 7, 32 bit, all i want to do is update the firmware as i will use doubletouch for my music.

Thanks for any help,

A very frustrated Samsung user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

delonglad wrote: »
    Ok I have spent the last 4 hours trying everything.

I have the latest version of Kies, backed up my files and did a format sd and all that managed to do was get rid of the mtp error where the screen goes crazy flashing.

I updated windows media player as suggested on another forum. Did nothing.

I have now done a full factory reset and installed the drivers from xda and the phone is there in my computer connected but kies will not connect. The phone is now even saying connected instead of initialising but the kies just will not pick it up.

My head is melted, has anyone any idea what else can be done.

I'm running windows 7, 32 bit, all i want to do is update the firmware as i will use doubletouch for my music.

Thanks for any help,

A very frustrated Samsung user.

Are you using any kind of third party launcher? Kies wont connect unless the phone is on the default home screen with the default launcher running.

Are you using any kind of third party launcher? Kies wont connect unless the phone is on the default home screen with the default launcher running.

nope its on the default home screen, i have literally removed everything and restored it to factory fresh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Lockster

I've updated to 2.2 via Kies (emobile) and have seen that it is recommended to do a hard reset following the up date. I've moved most apps to the external sd card, but just wanted to know will the hard reset erase all my settings such as email account, goggle accounts, etc.

I managed to get mine updated but had to be done on my housemates laptop which is xp rather than 7. Plugged in and worked first time. Samsung should be ashamed of their software cause its a joke, saying that 2.2 is the business. No more lags, no more freezing and just feels better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Any word on 3 releasing the update before the end of the year?

Sweet FA. It's gone past annoying at this stage. I'm seriously considering going into three and seeing if I can get a Desire instead. Not sure if I can just swap my phone for a different one though but I'll see what they can do for me :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

funnyname wrote: »
    Any word on 3 releasing the update before the end of the year?

It is released now! :D

Phone is so much faster, loving it :)

Woo it's finally out! My phone is updating as we speak. I'm on the JG1/2 firmware so everybody should be have it by now.

Advertisement