Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Really enjoyed the Roganstown JSC on Monday
    10min delay on the 1st tee - no other hold ups after that
    4.5hr round which is the norm there
    Course in lovely nick and the weather was perfect

Played as well round in under 4 hours butwe were out early. Hard to see how anyone through the greens were poor unless they got worse as the day went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Folks, Last reminder that Timesheets open for Junior & Senior for visitors at 13:00 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

cheers for heads up :) about lucan

78 today at portmarnock links in the junior, very windy conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

levitronix wrote: »

Nice shooting, are you in the running for prizes? Any update on scores. Was thinking of playing it a few weeks back but the fact it was a Fri requiring time off work plus they didn't have an online time sheet dissuaded me from entering.

Have booked my place in the Lucan JSC so looking forward to trying to avoid 2 x O.1s there.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

That was good shooting in that wind. Some horrendous pin positions too

• Advertisement

That was good shooting in that wind. Some horrendous pin positions too

don't know what scores came in, playing partner had 77
    hit 10 greens made 3 birdies, but was 6 over after 6 so held it together well with good irons when I had a chance, couldn't hit a fairway to save my life

don't know what scores came in, playing partner had 77
    hit 10 greens made 3 birdies, but was 6 over after 6 so held it together well with good irons when I had a chance, couldn't hit a fairway to save my life

Mate of mine in the group ahead of me shot 76 including an eagle 2 on the index 1

Mate of mine in the group ahead of me shot 76 including an eagle 2 on the index 1

id say 77 will get me a little cut, CSS id guess might be 73

id say 77 will get me a little cut, CSS id guess might be 73

At least 73

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

millerj wrote: »
    And most importantly for anyone looking to book this I see they are advising that the timesheet opens on 2nd May. That's one for the diary lads as this will fill extremely fast, I will be online early that morning..!
    Any idea when the time sheet opens up for ballybunion on the 17th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

On April 26th. I'm down for 7:40 if anyone wants to join me. Filling up fast !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Never played there before - really looking forward to it

Any tips / pointers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭plumber77

alxmorgan wrote: »
    On April 26th. I'm down for 7:40 if anyone wants to join me. Filling up fast !!

How'd ya manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

plumber77 wrote: »
    How'd ya manage that?

You prob can't see it on the phone but the title of his post is Nenagh SC

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭plumber77

PARlance wrote: »
    You prob can't see it on the phone but the title of his post is Nenagh SC

Cheers PARiance, spot on. I was just about to ring Ballybunion 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Any tips / pointers ?

I MERGED THIS POST INTO THIS THREAD AS IT DEALS SPECIFICALLY WITH SCRATCH CUPS.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate Scratch Cups are on May 23rd / 24th. Junior (4-9), Intermediate (10-18) & Minor (19-28) Visitors €15

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭paulos53

mike12 wrote: »
    Any idea when the time sheet opens up for ballybunion on the 17th

They updated their website today.
    Timesheet will open at 8am on Friday 24th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Moate Scratch Cups are on May 23rd / 24th. Junior (4-9), Intermediate (10-18) & Minor (19-28) Visitors €15

First counting competition i ever played after getting my first handicap was a scratch cup in moate, must head back for this one.

Any tips / pointers ?

How did you get on in Castle JSC Dublin Spur? What did you make of the course? Big premium on staying out of the trees which I couldn't manage but despite being in 5 bunkers on the front 9 I was still somewhat respectable turning in +4. I put short shift to that however by hooking 2 balls OB on the 11th to finish out with a big fat 8 which led to a horrendous back 9 for a final score of 82 and yet another 0.1.
    Despite a full house and ideal conditions weather wise it was won by 74 (+4) which is good to see in a JSC as often the scores are as good if not better than yielded from a SSC. Course was well presented as always although greens weren't up to speed with the cool Mar and Apr not spurring any growth so they had the look of still recovering from hollow tinning.

Down now to play Delgany JSC tomorrow. Have only p,aged the course once before in the JSC two years ago so it'll be another day of trying to stay out of the trees.

• Advertisement

How did you get on in Castle JSC Dublin Spur? What did you make of the course? Big premium on staying out of the trees which I couldn't manage but despite being in 5 bunkers on the front 9 I was still somewhat respectable turning in +4. I put short shift to that however by hooking 2 balls OB on the 11th to finish out with a big fat 8 which led to a horrendous back 9 for a final score of 82 and yet another 0.1.
    Despite a full house and ideal conditions weather wise it was won by 74 (+4) which is good to see in a JSC as often the scores are as good if not better than yielded from a SSC. Course was well presented as always although greens weren't up to speed with the cool Mar and Apr not spurring any growth so they had the look of still recovering from hollow tinning.

Down now to play Delgany JSC tomorrow. Have only p,aged the course once before in the JSC two years ago so it'll be another day of trying to stay out of the trees.

Well, what a day, really enjoyed it.

Shot a 77 in the end which wasn't too bad considering I was +7 after 7.
    But I could have been a whole lot better. I missed 3 putts inside 6 feet for 2s on 3rd, 13th and 15th.

Love the course - very very different to my home club (Roganstown) in a good way. Real traditional parkland, lots of character and very well manicured. Every shot has to be so precise, its a great test. Would love to have another crack at it now that I know it a bit better.

I also signed up for Delgany tomorrow - out at 10:26.
    That will be another new course for me - looking forward to it.

Best of luck DC :)

I also signed up for Delgany tomorrow - out at 10:26.
    That will be another new course for me - looking forward to it.
    Best of luck DC :)

Well what a disaster Delgany was, a waste of a day's golf, travel and €25 for greens that shouldn't have hosted a competition never mind a scratch cup. Greens only recently hollow tinned and heavily sanded as well as being over grown with long grass. No notification on the club's website or on the time sheet when booking regarding the greens so how they justified charging €25 for that I don't know.

Met one of the TopGolfer personnel in the club house after the round and complained regarding the condition of the course, lack of fore warning and entry fee charged.

37 putts today including a 3 putt from 3 feet on the 5th says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scaldyballs

Well Dr_Colossus I assume by your reference to 3 putting the 5th that you were playing with me (buggy driver)!! We matched scores on 10th too!!!! Complained on Twitter and have received feedback and acknowledgement from TopGolfer that they are unhappy too. The pro, when asked by us today, said it wasn't his job to inform those booking by phone of the condition of the greens. A total waste of money and time. Won't be going back to Delgany in a hurry

Yep - it was in rag order

It was still nice to get out but, played with a couple of decent lads won't be hurrying back

Well Dr_Colossus I assume by your reference to 3 putting the 5th that you were playing with me (buggy driver)!! We matched scores on 10th too!!!! Complained on Twitter and have received feedback and acknowledgement from TopGolfer that they are unhappy too. The pro, when asked by us today, said it wasn't his job to inform those booking by phone of the condition of the greens. A total waste of money and time. Won't be going back to Delgany in a hurry

That's right scaldyballs, that was me with my embarrassing display of golf. My sixth 0.1 on the trot to start the year with a bang. Good to hear TopGolfer are taking the complaints seriously as they're well run events so it would be a pity to see participation dwindle as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scaldyballs

Only six .1's. You're lucky!!! I've had 23 in a row from 6.1 this day last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 forrestgolfer

Played the Bandon intermediate at the weekend, top 16 qualified for matchplay! anyone heard of this format before?
    As an aside anyone know when Ballybunion is opening its timesheet?

Played the Bandon intermediate at the weekend, top 16 qualified for matchplay! anyone heard of this format before?
    As an aside anyone know when Ballybunion is opening its timesheet?

On the one hand sounds interesting, on the other it sounds unfair on visitors that have to travel to play the comp. They would have to come back up to 4 more times to win the thing assuming it was on different days

Timesheet opens this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 forrestgolfer

alxmorgan wrote: »
    On the one hand sounds interesting, on the other it sounds unfair on visitors that have to travel to play the comp. They would have to come back up to 4 more times to win the thing assuming it was on different days

Timesheet opens this Friday

I was a visitor, and I qualified! Thats exactly my thoughts. It's free golf, but at the same time I've to go back once a week as long as I progress each week!

Will it be open early morning? Am anxious about it because I have restricted internet access at work and won't be able to book until 1pm at earliest :(

• Advertisement

I was a visitor, and I qualified! Thats exactly my thoughts. It's free golf, but at the same time I've to go back once a week as long as I progress each week!

Will it be open early morning? Am anxious about it because I have restricted internet access at work and won't be able to book until 1pm at earliest :(

8am http://www.ballybuniongolfclub.ie/open-days/

Advertisement