Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

What did you make of the course? The weather was fine that day but I was surprised with the scoring...
    levitronix wrote: »
    82, 83 for me in beaverstown junior, played much better than the scores, found 4-6 foot putts very difficult , everything shaved the hole all day

It's a course I like playing with a good mix of strategy and seriously demanding greens. Everything was in top condition and very well organised by both Beaverstown and TopGolfer and with the fine weather to boot made for an enjoyable day. Found the greens really tough, especially on chip shots as couldn't leave anything close so was left with alot of longer putts and don't think I made anything over 5 feet in the first round. Despit chipping numberous times I still had 36 putts on the first round which was costly as were the two shanks I hit.
    Second round was much better and left myself in better positions so happy enough with my 78 but still had a shank in there and missed plenty of putts again for a total of 30 with the short stick.

Just to add, was talking with some of the organisers in Beaverstown after and they said they had one player in the JSC who was +4 after nine on the first round so still doing nicely but his two playing partners abandoned him. He had written on his card that it was all four balls behind and he was so pissed off with the situation he had no option but to go home. Such a disgraceful act, I still can't believe two players would abandon a single player like that in a big 36 hole comp after only 9 holes wasting their entire day.
    Beaverstown said they had the names of the individuals and would be writing to their home club. Seriously hope they're reprimanded with a suspension and also hope the TopGolfer organisers make an example of them and suspend them from any other TopGolfer events for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Holy crap!!!!!!

That's absolutely shocking!

They should be suspended immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

It's a course I like playing with a good mix of strategy and seriously demanding greens. Everything was in top condition and very well organised by both Beaverstown and TopGolfer and with the fine weather to boot made for an enjoyable day. Found the greens really tough, especially on chip shots as couldn't leave anything close so was left with alot of longer putts and don't think I made anything over 5 feet in the first round. Despit chipping numberous times I still had 36 putts on the first round which was costly as were the two shanks I hit.
    Second round was much better and left myself in better positions so happy enough with my 78 but still had a shank in there and missed plenty of putts again for a total of 30 with the short stick.

Just to add, was talking with some of the organisers in Beaverstown after and they said they had one player in the JSC who was +4 after nine on the first round so still doing nicely but his two playing partners abandoned him. He had written on his card that it was all four balls behind and he was so pissed off with the situation he had no option but to go home. Such a disgraceful act, I still can't believe two players would abandon a single player like that in a big 36 hole comp after only 9 holes wasting their entire day.
    Beaverstown said they had the names of the individuals and would be writing to their home club. Seriously hope they're reprimanded with a suspension and also hope the TopGolfer organisers make an example of them and suspend them from any other TopGolfer events for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the feedback if you don't mind I'd like to share it with the course members as its gives them a good idea of the visitor experience.

As for the guys leaving the golfer stranded like that, let's hope there is someway of reprimanding them. It was a reprehensible act.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Suppose we don't know the circumstances behind the two lads walking off, there may have been something we don't know of e.g. family member sudden illness and they traveled distance together so had to go together....but everything else equal that is unforgivable and 100% should be followed up on

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Druids Heath Intermediate and Minor on same day , Monday June 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

slave1 wrote: »
    Suppose we don't know the circumstances behind the two lads walking off, there may have been something we don't know of e.g. family member sudden illness and they traveled distance together so had to go together....but everything else equal that is unforgivable and 100% should be followed up on

I was talking to a guy who played the Intermediate Scratch in Tralee and the two guys he was with walked off after nine, he played ten by himself and actually joined a two ball ahead for the remainder of his round. Obviously he could not return his card not that he was going too well but was a bit upset about it having travelled down from Cork to play.

derra wrote: »
    Druids Heath Intermediate and Minor on same day , Monday June 1st.

Would you happen to know the handîcap range?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gbeaso

Would you happen to know the handîcap range?

The inter is 10-18, minor is 19+. Maybe call them to be sure but I'm fairly certain they're the ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gbeaso

The junior and intermediate time sheets for Killarney are now open. Book over phone.

Beaverstown Intermediate SC
    Saturday 6th June
    18 holes
    H'cap 10-18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Time sheet for tullamore junior scratch cup just opened. It's on the 21st June for 4-9 handicaps

After playing the boards outing there I'm really looking forward to going back.

Anyone notice a premium being charged on scratch cups in some venues lately?
    Was looking at playing the scratch cup in Killeen GC on Sun 7h Jun as I've never played the course before but was surprised at the expensive €28 being charged when their normal midweek open competitions are €18 and normal weekend opens an acceptable €20. A real disincentive to play and not overly keen to participate now as a result.
    New Forest was the same last month, normal competitions €20 but they had the cheek to charge €30 for their scratch cup despite the greens being sanded and far from pristine.

I see Bray GC have a JSC and ISC on Sat 6th Jun for €20 so might play that instead as it's also a course I've never played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Waterford Castle Golf Club Junior Scratch Cup!!

When: Sat June 6th
    Cost: €20 for non members
    H/cap: 4-11

Plenty of tee times still available!!
    I have to say that the course is in superb condition so well worth the trip down for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Anyone notice a premium being charged on scratch cups in some venues lately?
    Was looking at playing the scratch cup in Killeen GC on Sun 7h Jun as I've never played the course before but was surprised at the expensive €28 being charged when their normal midweek open competitions are €18 and normal weekend opens an acceptable €20. A real disincentive to play and not overly keen to participate now as a result.
    New Forest was the same last month, normal competitions €20 but they had the cheek to charge €30 for their scratch cup despite the greens being sanded and far from pristine.

I see Bray GC have a JSC and ISC on Sat 6th Jun for €20 so might play that instead as it's also a course I've never played before.

Covering Top Golfer fee?

AGC wrote: »
    Covering Top Golfer fee?

Perhaps, but the advantage to the club is that for the fee paid TopGolfer then organise the rest in terms of advertising the outing and bringing in the players to sourcing and distributing the prizes.
    Most other courses on the TopGolfer tour don't charge a premium for hosting a scratch cup, case in point Beaverstown which was €25 for a full day 36 hole event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Did anyone see the results to the Scratch Cups in Dundrum anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Did anyone see the results to the Scratch Cups in Dundrum anywhere?

My mate was third with 83, he got a lovely ping wedge

bailey99 wrote: »
    My mate was third with 83, he got a lovely ping wedge

Had 85 myself. What won it does anyone know? Their website is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Had 85 myself. What won it does anyone know? Their website is a joke.

What's wrong with their website? I actually think it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Esker Hills junior and intermediate scratch cup on this Sunday. H/c 4-9 and 10-18. 18holes for €20. Can bbok by phone or online via their website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Killarney Scratch Cups 2015

Senior Scratch Cup

Courses: Killeen & Mahony’s Point

Date: 20th June 2015

H’cap limit: 5 and lower

Entry Fee: €50 (includes lunch)

Junior Scratch Cup

Course: Killeen

H’cap limit: 5 to 9

Entry Fee: €40

Intermediate Scratch Cup

H’cap limit: 10 to 17

The timesheets for the Scratch Cups are now open. To enter, please call the club on 064 6631034 or email reservations@killarneygolfclub.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I play the junior in tullamore, esker, athenry and mount temple most years and I have had to miss them all this year for various different reasons. Raging :(

bailey99 wrote: »
    What's wrong with their website? I actually think it's very good.

Am using Bing on Kindle, can't click on any of the dropdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Killarney Scratch Cups 2015

Senior Scratch Cup

Courses: Killeen & Mahony’s Point

H’cap limit: 5 and lower

Entry Fee: €50 (includes lunch)

Junior Scratch Cup

H’cap limit: 5 to 9

Intermediate Scratch Cup

H’cap limit: 10 to 17

The timesheets for the Scratch Cups are now open. To enter, please call the club on 064 6631034 or email reservations@killarneygolfclub.ie

Busy Weekend for Junior Scratch Cups.....Mallow, Killarney and Fota all on that weekend

Junior and Intermediate Scratch Cup in Adare Golf Club (Adare Manor Resort) on Sun 21st Jun for €50. Timesheet isn't online so you have to phone to book.
    Not well advertised and rare enough to have an open competition in Adare so since I've never played the course before just booked myself in. Proshop advised competition would likely be off the white tees (6,590 yards) as blues (7,453 yards) are very rarely used even for a senior scratch cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭plumber77

Junior and Intermediate Scratch Cup in Adare Golf Club (Adare Manor Resort) on Sun 21st Jun for €50. Timesheet isn't online so you have to phone to book.
    Not well advertised and rare enough to have an open competition in Adare so since I've never played the course before just booked myself in. Proshop advised competition would likely be off the white tees (6,590 yards) as blues (7,453 yards) are very rarely used even for a senior scratch cup.

Cracking course, hopefully it'll be in good nick for that day. Might sign up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Myself and The Big Easy booked to play this at 7:30. Anyone else fancy an early start then let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Mount Juliet hosting their scratch cups on Sunday too. Again another course with rare open weekends so booked myself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Corrstown are having their Intermediate Scratch Cup this Sunday if anyone wants to get a decent round for €15 at the weekend. Timesheet as a few spots available.

Click here to register or ring the pro-shop:

http://www.brsgolf.com/corrstown/visitor_menu.php?id=1/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Anybody have any idea what won the junior and intermediate in Mount Juliet on Sunday?

Advertisement