Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Angel, I have to agree with you that we must not get personal with other posters about what we individually like/dislike. I'm afraid that a few people do make that mistake from time to time. I think Jo and Dermot are a good duo but the affair was a bit incredible to begin with and the pace is just a little slow at the moment for me. I use the name Dermuppet as a way of highlighting my lack of understanding of his ignorance of the situation which appears obvious. I suppose they have to build it up a bit for the moment until he does find out. I am hoping so. Thanks for telling me that this is going to be reaching a conclusion. Your posts do help me here and that is one reason I am on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

ameliajane wrote: »
    Angel, I have to agree with you that we must not get personal with other posters about what we individually like/dislike. I'm afraid that a few people do make that mistake from time to time. I think Jo and Dermot are a good duo but the affair was a bit incredible to begin with and the pace is just a little slow at the moment for me. I use the name Dermuppet as a way of highlighting my lack of understanding of his ignorance of the situation which appears obvious. I suppose they have to build it up a bit for the moment until he does find out. I am hoping so. Thanks for telling me that this is going to be reaching a conclusion. Your posts do help me here and that is one reason I am on this thread.

I think they have dragged it out too much, though they do say that when people embark on these affairs, to the outside, it can seem so obvious, yet to the partner, they miss out on the signs and always are the last to know :(

I think Dermot just thinks the world of Jo, she can do no wrong in his eyes, to him, she is a hard worker, great mother and a loving wife. How wrong he is...:(:(

I suppose they had to give Jo a storyline that she could leave the show on and I hate that they are breaking them up :(

In my opinion, they should have had the reveal on Christmas day, but good things come to those who wait :P

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Ok! I HAVE to say this! Because it is driving me NUTS!! I am sure the fair city office are aware of this thread and Anyone who thinks ANY of the bishops can act bar sash are seriously deluded and don't know anything about drama. OR anyone who thinks Caoimhe or jo or tommy or Finn are any good, haven't a clue! And are actually doing the show a disservice because the execs will think people will actually put up with this crap. Lads!! It a national soap! Watched by hundreds of thousands!! Raise the bar for christs sake!! The bishops and caoimhme are an embarrassment.

:D:D:D:D Trolololol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Have to say I thought the Xmas episode was very poor. Particularly when you compare it to the likes of Eastenders or Coro, which were both packed with drama and cliffhanger storylines.

On another note, I'm off to see Sean in the Panto this afternoon and shall report back about his acting 'skills' in panto (I do like him in FC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Fittle wrote: »
    Have to say I thought the Xmas episode was very poor. Particularly when you compare it to the likes of Eastenders or Coro, which were both packed with drama and cliffhanger storylines.

On another note, I'm off to see Sean in the Panto this afternoon and shall report back about his acting 'skills' in panto (I do like him in FC).

Off-topic, but Eastenders was EPIC. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ok! I HAVE to say this! Because it is driving me NUTS!! I am sure the fair city office are aware of this thread and Anyone who thinks ANY of the bishops can act bar sash are seriously deluded and don't know anything about drama.
    Actually Sash is beginning to annoy me with her mannerisms which to me seem exaggerated and affected. Not good acting imo. Decco and Zumo are fine imo. Not brilliant or anything but acceptable.
    The grandmother (who's just being unceremoniously booted off the soap in a cack-handed manner and who's name briefly escapes me) wasn't great. Vivienne is so-so as is Charlotte. Denzo is an embarrassment though and hopefully he'll settle down in Spain for ever and we'll never see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Actually Sash is beginning to annoy me with her mannerisms which to me seem exaggerated and affected. Not good acting imo. Decco and Zumo are fine imo. Not brilliant or anything but acceptable.
    The grandmother (who's just being unceremoniously booted off the soap in a cack-handed manner and who's name briefly escapes me) wasn't great. Vivienne is so-so as is Charlotte. Denzo is an embarrassment though and hopefully he'll settle down in Spain for ever and we'll never see him again.

Denzo can't even get a decent part on Republic o Telly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Ok! I HAVE to say this! Because it is driving me NUTS!! I am sure the fair city office are aware of this thread and Anyone who thinks ANY of the bishops can act bar sash are seriously deluded and don't know anything about drama. OR anyone who thinks Caoimhe or jo or tommy or Finn are any good, haven't a clue! And are actually doing the show a disservice because the execs will think people will actually put up with this crap. Lads!! It a national soap! Watched by hundreds of thousands!! Raise the bar for christs sake!! The bishops and caoimhme are an embarrassment.

I totally agree with you. Those "actors" that you have mentioned are so bad..Sometimes I dont mid watching the Bishops cause they make me laugh as they are so bad. Eileen, Zumo, Denzo and Decco are shocking. Sash is good to be fair to her. Caoimhe and tommy are just terrible aswell. The worst thing is the producers or whatever they are. How can they employ these people and also some of their stories are outrageous. Like the young lads video recorder catching Jo and Dearbhla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

On another note Val. What is Leo doing..the most annoying, ugliest person ever. The sooner she gets killed off the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sunday January 01/01/12
    Dermot finds Ben's camera and takes it into the Helping Hand, saying that he needs to delete some of Ben's more 'artistic' images. He then hears some of the clips from Dearbhla and Jo's conversation. Mortified, he tries to cover up and leaves Wayne. Later, he takes Ben aside and asks him about the day he proclaimed that 'mummy kisses her boyfriend'. Ben explains that she was kissing Tommy in the kitchen one night.
    Later, Dermot plays the video recording to a shocked Jo. After Jo confesses to the affair, Dermot is shocked to learn that everyone knew but him. He then storms over to the Dillons' house and interrupts a Monopoly game between Tommy, Judith, Neasa, Caoimhe and Dearbhla as his temper boils over. Back at the house, Dermot kicks Jo out.
    Meanwhile, Sash tells Sean about her '40 days, 40 nights' pact with Dean and how hard she is finding it. Sean says that if Dean really fancies her, he should find the pact impossible. Later, the pair finally break their pact.
    Elsewhere, Dolores is shocked to learn that Wayne is going to give up his job so that he can concentrate on his new career as an online trader. She begins to regret her decision to give him money, so she lies by saying that she won't be able to get the cash out straight away.

Tuesday 03/01/12
    Jo spends her second night sleeping in the Helping Hand after being kicked out of the house, while Dermot tries to pretend everything is normal and lies to the children - saying that Jo had to go to work early again. Soon afterwards, Caoimhe opens up to Orla about her father's fling and they decide to lighten the mood by going shoplifting again.
    Later, Orla and Caoimhe arrive back to the Dillons' house from their 'shopping spree' and are delighted with all they stole. Neasa walks in and nearly catches them, but Caoimhe tells her that the presents are from Decco. As the day continues, Jo rail-roads her way into the house, determined not to give up her family. However, Dermot tells her that she has one night and then she will have to leave.
    Meanwhile, Louie and Carol arrive back from their trip to America. It seems the holiday hasn't gone that well as they are both at each other's throats. Later, Louie and Carol argue over Jack when Carol fails to see why they should have a routine for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Lightening the mood with a bitta shoplifting.

Oh, Fair City. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Wednesday January 4th
    Dermot is angry to see that Jo has cleaned the house and baked herself a birthday cake, while in the Dillons' house, Judith tells Tommy that everyone is appalled she took him back. Soon afterwards, Dermot makes Jo talk about the sordid details of the affair - and he quickly realises that she was in love with Tommy.

Later, Tommy finally bares his soul to Judith, but fears it may be too late when she tells him that she doesn't want to love him anymore. In the end, though, she agrees to give him a second chance. Over at the Faheys' house, Dermot tells Jo that their marriage is over and he will never get over her betrayal.

Meanwhile, Caoimhe suggests to Orla that they should stash their loot in the Bishops' lock-up, so they steal Decco's keys.

As the day continues, Caoimhe tells Orla that she wants to sell the stolen good online. She informs an impressed Orla that she got a key cut, allowing them to go to the Bishops' lock-out any time.

Thursday January 5th
    Niamh puts Orla on the spot when she asks if she can look after Rachel for the day. Orla reluctantly agrees, saying that Rachel can go into town with her and Caoimhe. Niamh tells Orla that she needs Rachel out of the house so she can plan a surprise party for her. Charlotte decides that she's going to join them as well.

At the department store, when Rachel leaves her bag hanging off a chair, Caoimhe slips make-up products into it. Charlotte spots this, but doesn't say anything. When they are leaving, security stop Rachel and bring her back in. Charlotte is secretly delighted that Rachel has been accused of shoplifting and doesn't help her friend or blame Caoimhe for it. Later, at the Brennans' house, everyone is horrified at the accusation that Rachel shoplifted.

Meanwhile, Jo persuades Dermot to put off making a final decision on their marriage. She tells him that she's going to stay with her dad while they work on things.

Elsewhere, Judith announces that she and Tommy are heading off for a long weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 85,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Dermot punches Tommy in the middle of the pub and tells everyone about the affair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Well, just back from the Panto and have to say that 'Sean' (Ryan Andrews) was AMAZING! He was a great dancer (better than Jedward!) and was just perfect in the part of 'Jack' (Jack & the Beanstalk). I saw Mondo in a similar panto a few years back, and Sean was much better today. Hard to hear him sing (alone) so can't comment on his singing voice, but the dancing and acting were fab.

Jedward were great too btw..had a fantastic time (as did the child I was with!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Fittle wrote: »
    Well, just back from the Panto and have to say that 'Sean' (Ryan Andrews) was AMAZING! He was a great dancer (better than Jedward!) and was just perfect in the part of 'Jack' (Jack & the Beanstalk). I saw Mondo in a similar panto a few years back, and Sean was much better today. Hard to hear him sing (alone) so can't comment on his singing voice, but the dancing and acting were fab.

Jedward were great too btw..had a fantastic time (as did the child I was with!):D

Sounds like you had a great time! Glad to hear Ryan was well worth the money :)

I hope that Dermot does find out soon. He needs to know the truth.

The disasters in soapland seem to have the best drama. Looking forward to the revelations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

When he finds out that Jo cheated on him (it's inevitable, and thus not a spoiler) will Dermot and Ben also be leaving? I ask because, if the marriage breaks up, Dermot is unlikely to stop Ben from seeing his mother, as he does not want to upset him. He might forgive Jo.

Furthermore, Dermot is not the sort of person who throws a punch, no matter what the reason.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Oh I do hope Ben leaves. One can only endure so much Billy Barry brats in one lifetime ;)

Poor Dermot...:(

OMG Neasa first thing in the morning. I fall in love every night I see her...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

OMG Nease first thing in the morning. I fall in love every night I see her...:)

Dearbhla is ten times the woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is there something incriminating on the camera?

And what's with all the inane banter with the Dillons... talking about the wedding of somebody is not even a character in the show..

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Dearbhla is ten times the woman

Should have gone to Specsavers...;)

Is there something incriminating on the camera..

Yep...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Wife missed a few episodes over Xmas. Can't be found on the rte player. Any Reason?

Wife missed a few episodes over Xmas. Can't be found on the rte player. Any Reason?
    RTÉ would have to give the actors and actresses more money to allow internet broadcast show. For the same reason, FC is not available on the the RTÉ timeshift channel on Saorview.

Is there something incriminating on the camera?

And what's with all the inane banter with the Dillons... talking about the wedding of somebody is not even a character in the show..
    Neasa was attending a friend's weddding. She had already told Tommy about this when she was moving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

OMG Neasa first thing in the morning. I fall in love every night I see her...:)
    She never looks bad! Hottest chick in FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

endakenny wrote: »
    Dermot is not the sort of person who throws a punch, no matter what the reason.

Neither was this guy ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qi2m6NyUP0

• Advertisement

max life wrote: »
    She never looks bad! Hottest chick in FC.
    I find it hard to think of anyone hotter on Irish/UK TV...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement