Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sean Moncrieff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

Sean is a great presenter I think, he always builds a very good rapport when doing his interviews and he is indeed very witty, one of the best shows on Newstalk in my opinion.

Pity I don't get to hear it more often with Newstalks dodgy signal :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It is one of the better progrmmes.

He goes up against Mooney and is far better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

i like sean, enjoyed gondolas, but his guests are more miss then hit imo. cant stand mooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Does anyone on here know what happened to the "Panel of Ladies" which went out every Thurs at 3.00?
    It was Sean talking to Carmel and Rosemary etc (very different women!) about the tabloid headlines of the week.
    I heard somewhere that Carmel trew a strop when one of the other "Ladies" described her perfume as smelling like Jeyes Fluid....
    Don't know if this contributed to their absence from the airwaves...???

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Sean is on holidays this week, and they have lined up various guest presenters to fill in.

Today it's reality "stars":
    Brian "Big Brother" Dowling
    Jennifer "The Apprentice (UK)" Maguire

Real amateur hour stuff. Cringe-inducing. :mad:

Des Bishop is in the hot seat tomorrow, should be a big improvement...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I turned it off after 15 minutes and resorted to my iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

fair play to ye Mr E you lasted longer than me I switched off after 10 minutes, I can't stand either of them 2, even twink wasn't that bad when she stood in for him
    Mr E wrote: »
    I turned it off after 15 minutes and resorted to my iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

mambo wrote: »
    Sean is on holidays this week, and they have lined up various guest presenters to fill in.

It was awful wasn't it? You can bet they don't do crap like this when the JLNR figures are being compiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JimboJones74

I heard the last 30 minutes, for a few minutes i thought it was some sort of a joke, when i relaised it wasnt it was almost compulsive car crash stuff. If those got selected as guest presenters i would hate to see who the producers discarded as an option.

After that Sean has nothign to fear from guest preseneters, maybe Des Bishop might be good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The only improvement will be that I have been forewarned not to bother tuning into Newstalk tomorrow between 14:00 and 16:30.
    Thanks for the heads up!;)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

I didn't tune in today was Des Bishop any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

it was truly dreadful yesterday
    and des bishop was awful today
    bring back david norris

dolittle wrote: »
    it was truly dreadful yesterday
    and des bishop was awful today
    bring back david norris
    anyone know who's doing the rest of the week? I think i'll have to watch the restaurant on rte tonight to get my fix of moncrief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Bishop wasn't too bad, not great mind, but a vast improvement on yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it was miles better than yesterday. although if someone had a dump on the desk and left it there for 2 and a half hours festering, that would also have been better than yesterday.
    but des bishop was grand. did the stuff.

casio4 wrote: »
    anyone know who's doing the rest of the week? I think i'll have to watch the restaurant on rte tonight to get my fix of moncrief

I think Wednesday the show is replaced by budget coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭auerillo

I was in the car and tuned in and thought it must be a rerun of some FM104 type phone is show. It was dreadful and I couldn't listen to it after a few minutes, so switched to radio 4. I normally enjoy the Moncrief programme.

I think Wednesday the show is replaced by budget coverage.
    yeah i forgot George Hook always comes on early when there's a budget to cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clutterfree88

Not only does Sean has a fantastic show I often see him in Superquinn in the mornings doing the shopping before heading into town, a real multi- tasker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Moncrieff is a great show. Never liked him on gondolas, thought i'd hate him on radio but i love the show! Great mix of stuff. Even got one of his books, enjoyed that too.

seans mam

• Advertisement

Sean is back today. What a relief. Phew.

did anyone hear who was doing the review today?? she had the most annoying voice on the radio, and but for the fact that the radio was the other side of the room, and i'm an incredibly lazy person, i would've smashed it into pieces.
    it was like listening to one of ross o'carroll-kelly's girlfriends, everything was like, oh my God, amazing like, and ended with the most annoying AQI, that like, i've ever heard?
    AAARRRRGGGHHH!
    one of the real reasons i like about newstalk is the normal accents, not the ones acquired to look, like amazingly cool and stuff. everyone in rte has to pronounce it as 'AR T E' which is just stoopid. there's better things to spend money on than stopping people saying 'OR T E'

did anyone hear who was doing the review today?? she had the most annoying voice on the radio, and but for the fact that the radio was the other side of the room, and i'm an incredibly lazy person, i would've smashed it into pieces.
    it was like listening to one of ross o'carroll-kelly's girlfriends, everything was like, oh my God, amazing like, and ended with the most annoying AQI, that like, i've ever heard?
    AAARRRRGGGHHH!
    one of the real reasons i like about newstalk is the normal accents, not the ones acquired to look, like amazingly cool and stuff. everyone in rte has to pronounce it as 'AR T E' which is just stoopid. there's better things to spend money on than stopping people saying 'OR T E'
    I didn't hear her thank god I can't stand that crap where every second word is like.I did hear Henry he was in Moore street with the street traders and he was very funny he was selling Jedward t-shirts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

casio4 wrote: »
    I didn't hear her thank god I can't stand that crap where every second word is like.I did hear Henry he was in Moore street with the street traders and he was very funny he was selling Jedward t-shirts

Yeah heard it ..but missed the name of the uber confidant bint that was doing it

Told Moncreiffe to "move aside" at one stage as she couldnt see him behind the mic. !

Great D4 occent though...absolutely brilliant ....full of "likes" and "kindas" and a great one "Monging" as in

"Here's a great video if your,like,monging out on the couch for an afternoon" !

Absolutely brilliant...can we have more of her, like,....please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

It was Una Mullaly, there's not much more tedious than media types telling each other how life-defining 'The Wire' is :rolleyes:

parasite wrote: »
    It was Una Mullaly, there's not much more tedious than media types telling each other how life-defining 'The Wire' is :rolleyes:

Uh...thanks para...she must be very disappointed with that name...not very D4 is it?

Thought when I heard her ,,she had to be a Tara or an Emma with a sharp bob hairstyle and the requisite black or navy suit - sun glasses permanently on face or head and driving hubbies SUV.

Am I anywhere close in that little pen picture ??

Uh...thanks para...she must be very disappointed with that name...not very D4 is it?

Thought when I heard her ,,she had to be a Tara or an Emma with a sharp bob hairstyle and the requisite black or navy suit - sun glasses permanently on face or head and driving (now that the tiger is crawling away) ex-hubbies SUV.

Am I anywhere close in that little pen picture ??

fixed that. post of the day though!!

fixed that. post of the day though!!

heh heh thanks dude...I, like..Googled her.....TOTALLY not like I imagined,I mean REALLY retroish an a bit kinda funky...not a bad looker dude..I'd, like, pop a cap in her you know if I had drained a few Hoinos....like

dammit. i googled her too after you did. see how long it's taken me to get back to this?? see?? it's all because i did what you did. oh yeah, but if you jumped off a cliff....
    did you mean funky as in 'this cheese is smelling a bit funky, where's the bin?'

actually, i have to say the names people text in with are legendary. the earl of rochester (i used to work there, it's a hole of the highest order!), sniffles mcgonigle and the others, quality names!!

• Advertisement

dammit. i googled her too after you did. see how long it's taken me to get back to this?? see?? it's all because i did what you did. oh yeah, but if you jumped off a cliff....
    did you mean funky as in 'this cheese is smelling a bit funky, where's the bin?'

actually, i have to say the names people text in with are legendary. the earl of rochester (i used to work there, it's a hole of the highest order!), sniffles mcgonigle and the others, quality names!!
    One of Seans favourite texters is 'Pope Marmalade the 3rd' he goes through a phase of texting the show alot and then they don't hear from him for ages sean suspects he goes in and out of the nick

Advertisement