Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff

Options
  • 21-09-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

The guy is a legend,

But you would never think he looks like what he looks like after hearing him on the Radio.

I would have put him on Ryan tubridys body

discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Thing is, most of us already knew what he looked from his TV days. Anyway, I agree its a good show. I'm just surprised it doesn't get a bigger audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You want us to discuss Moncrieff in Tubridys body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

lol........this is one dumbass topic for discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

I thought he was seeing Aoibhinn?

Never been a huge fan of Moncreiff. Had his chance with the Sat nite show. Not sure why they dropped that. I'd rather listen to Derek Mooney's show. Derek is very honest and naturally funny, though the show is a bit offbeat. Not really into wildlife, and wouldnt be mad on that boggerwoman he has on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I thought he was seeing Aoibhinn?

Never been a huge fan of Moncreiff. Had his chance with the Sat nite show. Not sure why they dropped that. I'd rather listen to Derek Mooney's show. Derek is very honest and naturally funny, though the show is a bit offbeat. Not really into wildlife, and wouldnt be mad on that boggerwoman he has on.

Can't stand Mooney or Neena ni Nawna when she comes on ranting and raving. The two most annoying voices on radio.

Moncreiff any day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah Moncrief is a legend. Remember him on Dont Feed The Gondolas? He had this real sarcastic humour which he doesnt seem to really have anymore. Maybe it was all an act for TV! Its a pity the TV work didnt work out. I think he'd make a natural chat show host.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

lol........this is one dumbass topic for discussion.

Clearly im on your same level.

To put a bit of meat on the topic (Excuse the pun)

What I MENT to say is , Discuss people who look nothing like they sound.

Im at home sick with the pig sneezy (Swine flu) and need a bit of chearing up, The post was made late lastnight and wasnt thinking straight so I forgot to add what i ment to discuess, Bet you feel like a right twit now NOTSOniceirishfella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

jesus, remember dont feed the gondalaz..some programme

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sarah_lennon

he's 48, doesn't seem like he should be that old

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Apparently I sound like Moncrieff. Not sure if i should be ashamed or proud...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

Moncrieff is brilliant! Always a great listen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

lampydoo wrote: »
    Moncrieff is brilliant! Always a great listen!

saw him in the flesh at the ploughing today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Clearly im on your same level.

To put a bit of meat on the topic (Excuse the pun)

What I MENT to say is , Discuss people who look nothing like they sound.

Im at home sick with the pig sneezy (Swine flu) and need a bit of chearing up, The post was made late lastnight and wasnt thinking straight so I forgot to add what i ment to discuess, Bet you feel like a right twit now NOTSOniceirishfella.

No Evo, you're not at my level:). Use the noodle next time you go to start a thread, and no personal insults either please.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Funnliy enough, just after I posted in this thread I saw regular contributor to Moncrieff's philosophy slot, Fr. Brendan Purcell, on the repeat of The Late Late Show and he looked nothing like I thought he would do. Declan Carty would be another example.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

the guy is brilliant... never fails to make me laugh at least once a day.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah Moncrief is a legend. Remember him on Don't Feed The Gondolas? He had this real sarcastic humour which he doesn't seem to really have anymore. Maybe it was all an act for TV! Its a pity the TV work didn't work out. I think he'd make a natural chat show host.

He had a chat show for a while years ago but I don't remember it being very good. The only guest I can remember from it is Chris Penn (Sean Penn's lesser known and now very deceased brother)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I love when he does shows around the country (like in the Ploughing championship) and some scobes shout at the studio! He normally has an intellectual put down or two for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I love when he does shows around the country (like in the Ploughing championship) and some scobes shout at the studio! He normally has an intellectual put down or two for them :)

a bunch of such scobes ( culchie scobes so gentlemen compared to conventional kind ) were standing beside me at the newstalk stand at the ploughing championships yesterday , a few of them shouting up , asking could they be on the radio , i told them they should be allowed as they all had faces for radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

I like his show. He's self-aware enough not to take himself as seriously as practically every other radio presenter, especially on Newstalk (bar OTB), and it's so refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I like his show. He's self-aware enough not to take himself as seriously as practically every other radio presenter, especially on Newstalk (bar OTB), and it's so refreshing.

What about George Hook, that guy is soooo self deprecating! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Agricola wrote: »
    What about George Hook, that guy is soooo self deprecating! :D

yeah but moncreif flys through material where as george takes a half an hour to get through one sentence , seriously , if he was saying mass , you would never have to go home as one sunday would drift into another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I enjoy the movies and booze slot they do on a Friday.

The harrowing interview with the rape victim was very well handled I felt. One of the better radio personalities in Ireland.

Anyone listen to his interview with the owner of a 'haunted' pub in England? It was ****ing brilliant! After a couple of badly answered questions, at the end she admitted she hadn't seen any ghosts and her customers never saw one. Moncrieff must have been banging his head against the wall talking to her! Fecking brilliant radio :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

if he didnt answer 'eh, not too bad' every time someone asks him how he is it'd be a good show. 'eh, not too bad'

Anyone listen to his interview with the owner of a 'haunted' pub in England? It was ****ing brilliant! After a couple of badly answered questions, at the end she admitted she hadn't seen any ghosts and her customers never saw one. Moncrieff must have been banging his head against the wall talking to her! Fecking brilliant radio :D

Can this interview be found online? I have a feeling i know how it goes knowing moncrief :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Firetrap wrote: »
    He had a chat show for a while years ago but I don't remember it being very good. The only guest I can remember from it is Chris Penn (Sean Penn's lesser known and now very deceased brother)

I was just trying to remember who that was. It was a cringe inducing interview, sean trying to make jokes that all fell flat, chris just sat there looking uncomfortable.

Heard that today, i cant believe the researchers didn't actually cop the woman knew nothing.

PlastikdaN wrote: »
    Can this interview be found online? I have a feeling i know how it goes knowing moncrief :)

Should be up here in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Have to say, I think it's a great show. Moncrieff is always very witty. Pity the listening figures aren't great.

What do ye all think of Henry, the reporter? Has anyone noticed there is a decrease in vox-pops and Kidstalk recently? Pity.. Kidstalk was usually fairly funny, especially with the inner city Dublin schools.

Henry seems to me like they put him in a personal joke among the rest of the cast and producers. Giving him really mundane topics to talk about, with kids of all people and being told to be as serious as possible. I dunno but that's how I feel. Dont get me wrong its quiet funny, but I really think the cast have a good giggle at him behind his back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Been a big fan since his Don't Feed The Gondolas days.

Advertisement