Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'm sick of not being able to play this right now so I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow. I'll apply for the platoon thing as soon as everything is registered and whatnot. Have Monday and Tuesday off so shall be playing this for two days straight... See ye tomorrow night folks

Sense, and my bank balance meant this didn't happen... so I've a long wait til tomorrow morning/afternoon/evening to get it. And now I'm working Tuesday too so my 48 hour stint isn't going be achievable either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Add me juicy432

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

well, im on the ps3 and completely new to battlefield cod was the god ... but i fair wanna play bf3 with a proper squad cause id say its way better... nobody i know will play cause everyone around tipperary plays mw2 and black ops mostly , they will never pick up battle field.... psn id : beargrylls93

please reply...just got game today

add me beargrylls93 fellow Tipperary man here .....
    polc07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

add me as well ...

BAZLOCO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sense, and my bank balance meant this didn't happen... so I've a long wait til tomorrow morning/afternoon/evening to get it. And now I'm working Tuesday too so my 48 hour stint isn't going be achievable either :(

My Zavvi copy will be arriving more than likely tomorrow you can buy that off me if you want .
    Tell me what your local retailler is selling for and I will give you a discount .

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »
    My Zavvi copy will be arriving more than likely tomorrow you can buy that off me if you want .
    Tell me what your local retailler is selling for and I will give you a discount .

Too late I'm afraid. Arrived at around half 3.

Just trying to log into the battlelog but even though I've had 2/3 games of multiplayer, it's saying I have to buy BF3 to access it :confused:

Too late I'm afraid. Arrived at around half 3.

Just trying to log into the battlelog but even though I've had 2/3 games of multiplayer, it's saying I have to buy BF3 to access it :confused:

Sign into your EA account and make sure your persona is link to your PSN I.D .
    Then log into battlelog using the same email address as your EA one .

Mine wouldn't work til I realised I was using the wrong account :o

No hardcore on multiplayer ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No hardcore on multiplayer ?????

haven't played it, but there is filters for it on server search.

Sign into your EA account and make sure your persona is link to your PSN I.D .
    Then log into battlelog using the same email address as your EA one .

Mine wouldn't work til I realised I was using the wrong account :o

Huzzah, success! Was putting my email address in wrong :rolleyes: .co.uk rather than .com :o

Only played for 2 and a half hours but my word... Have already committed suicide in a jet and helicopter so if you're playing with me, keep away! :pac:

I've applied to the boards platoon Varik, if you could add me please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

sell online pass on ebay or something and go to GAME trade in other copy and get Uncharted 3 for 99c..

sell online pass on ebay or something and go to GAME trade in other copy and get Uncharted 3 for 99c..

Great idea ..ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭positron

That is one clever idea. Thanks!

Going by the stats on the boards platoon most people play engineer, well when you get there the A-91 > G36c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is this related to the platoon that's been set up on Battlelog?

So is this the thread where the discussion for the Boards platoon is goign on? How do you manage to join a server at the same time? Do I add all the people in the platoon to my PSN and see when they're online or something? Have never played online with other people before so excuse my ignorance!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So is this the thread where the discussion for the Boards platoon is goign on? How do you manage to join a server at the same time? Do I add all the people in the platoon to my PSN and see when they're online or something? Have never played online with other people before so excuse my ignorance!

Pretty much. And when you/we are all online, we can create a squad and then start games with all of us in the one server. Whether we'd all be on the same team I don't know. I do know that from experience, joining PSN friends doesn't always put you on the same team. Having been knifed many a time by some fellows on here.

As above though, if you see someone on your PSN friends list playing online, you can try and join them in the game and try and get your own squad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

I was trying to play with a friend there was just the 2 of us in the squad every game we joined except about 2 out of 15 or so we were on opposite teams, its a nightmare so far :(
    Everything was alright yesterday weirdly

At some point they'll fix it, so platoons work.

You don't need to friend everyone, log onto battlelog and you can see who's online out of the 43 players in the platoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I play Battlefield 3 alot on PS3 the only thing so far is i'm playing with randoms and i would prefer to have a squad or team to join. My PSN is Sciprio

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Merged.

Varik wrote: »
    At some point they'll fix it, so platoons work.

You don't need to friend everyone, log onto battlelog and you can see who's online out of the 43 players in the platoon.

Yeah but for other times, it's as handy I guess.

How do you know if someone's online in Battlelog by the way?

Yeah but for other times, it's as handy I guess.

How do you know if someone's online in Battlelog by the way?

Think theres a chat down bottom right... But I don't know if thats them online on PS3 or Battle log.. It is slightly confusing stuff lol..

Maxed out the engineer( not got the co-op guns), starting on support now.

1 level away from my first squad Specializations.

''A new Battlefield 3 Xbox 360/PS3 server patch will be deploying at 1AM PST tonight addressing lag/rubber-banding, TDM/SQDM spawn point optimization, and various crashes.

This is a rolling update which should have little impact on players. We will update everyone when the maintenance is completed. Please join us in Battlelog to discuss the impact this patch has on your Battlefield experience. Thank you!''

Taking from the BF facebook page...

I seem to only enjoy playing Conquest on Seine Crossing... That map is just insane, when it goes to different map I find I get bored of the game and quit then take a wee break then back to play Seine Crossing again... Gonna try pick another copy up tomorrow cheap to get Uncharted for 99c :p That way I may still be fit to afford MW3 aswell...

Added a rake of you from the platoon last night. Hopefully I get a few games with you soon. Couldn't add NotorietyH or WarZoneBrother as you have the maximum number of friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Added a rake of you from the platoon last night. Hopefully I get a few games with you soon. Couldn't add NotorietyH or WarZoneBrother as you have the maximum number of friends.

Oh feck, rightio! Will delete a few there this evening and I'll add you then.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Oh feck, rightio! Will delete a few there this evening and I'll add you then.

Ah yeah no bother, just thought you might not know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Ah yeah no bother, just thought you might not know!

I didn't so thanks! Cleared some space there now anyway so will add you there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I didn't so thanks! Cleared some space there now anyway so will add you there now.

Had the same problem, will add again!

Whenever I try to play in a squad with the platoon, it puts me on the team and I end up losing as a result! Is everyone having this problem?

dorgasm wrote: »
    Had the same problem, will add again!

Whenever I try to play in a squad with the platoon, it puts me on the team and I end up losing as a result! Is everyone having this problem?

What's happening? You end up on the other team is it?

What's happening? You end up on the other team is it?

Yup that's it, pretty frustrating ! It even happens when I'm the one who sends out the invites and gets the squad together ha!

Yup that's it, pretty frustrating ! It even happens when I'm the one who sends out the invites and gets the squad together ha!

Do you get the option to change team at any point? Like does anyone ever leave the team with all the Boardsies on it?

Yeah the option comes up but any times it happens, the other team is always full!

Yeah the option comes up but any times it happens, the other team is always full!

Nightmare!

How many Boards players would be on out of interest?

• Advertisement

So far there is always 2-3 on for me, I've added most of the platoon I think. I'm yet to have a proper session with boards platoon people yet though.

So far there is always 2-3 on for me, I've added most of the platoon I think. I'm yet to have a proper session with boards platoon people yet though.

Yeah I'm on evenings all week so it's a balls. If I get online at all it's early in the afternoon or late at night.

The patch should be out soon ( hopefully tomorrow or at least this weekend), there are 50 people in the platoon now so i'd say you'd easily find a squad at any time.

PSN friends list may be full for some so add people to your friend list on battlelog(does not do much now but will soon).

Cool man, think I might have added ya or vice versa! My PSN is dorgz anyway so add me if you're on!

The patch should be out soon ( hopefully tomorrow or at least this weekend), there are 50 people in the platoon now so i'd say you'd easily find a squad at any time.

PSN friends list may be full for some so add people to your friend list on battlelog(does not do much now but will soon).

Is the patch going to integrate Battlelog with PS3 better or something? It really should do more than it does now tbh.

• Advertisement

It must be you. :p
    Got your invite from you earlier, ended up on your team but not in your squad. Left my squad to join you and you weren't there to join. :(

On a separate note, any average/middling* players here want to try for the co-op trophies?
    Play them for a while on easy first, to get used to them and then go for it on hard.

*If a super-duper, ultra marine type player wants to carry me through the co-op - I wouldn't say no...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi lads how do I join the boards platoon?

Psn- comeraghblue

Hi lads how do I join the boards platoon?

Psn- comeraghblue

Sign up here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/.

Anyone looking to play tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone looking to play tonight.

just on.. should get in a game or 2. I'll try to join your session

OK lads it's over a week now since release and what's everyone's feelings on the game ?

I'm a little dissapointed to be honset .

It hasn't captured my attention like BC2 did .

I find the prone to take more away from the overall game than add anything to it .
    The visuals are great but trying to identify the enemy is weirdly frustrating .. I don't know if it's the colour schemes , resolutions or enemy/friendly over head tags .
    There is something definitely wrong with hit registration . I have had at least a sec of fire on someone who then turns and kill me , also when under fire I may find cover in time only to be killed when clearly behind a building .
    Mind you this was also on the BETA so maybe something still to be fixed .

It feels closer to a COD game than a BF one which is a big no no for me .

It still is a great game but at such a early stage I already find myself avoiding certain maps .

I will stick at it and hopefully things improve .

My first impressions was that is was very similar to BC2 which is the only game i played in the series.

Not saying that is a bad thing but I was expecting a something a bit different.

The graphics are pretty average especially in comparison to the PC version, there not much better then BC2.

But whenever I play the game I think it's excellent, I barely ever played conquest in BC2 but it seems to be what i'm always playing now. I haven't come across a map that I've hated and i like the knife animations.

What do people think of the jets? These being a first time for me, they took a bit of time to control but now that I'm able to fly it I still can't get that many points. So far I've half taken down another jet. Any tips?

We should try organise a night of battlefield with the platoon. I've played a good few games with (and against) Varik (Dreadaxe) and a few others who i'm not friends with yet.

Whens the best time?

Thinking of trying to maybe perhaps set up a game tonight, try and get a squad or 2 of platoon members.

Definitely up for that!

Yeah if I'm around I'd be on for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement