Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

• 25-10-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So, it looks like Matthew Vaughn has decided to not return for the X-Men sequel 'Days Of Future Past'... and it now it looks like 20th Century Fox are eyeing up Bryan Singer to come back to direct.

While I enjoyed 'First Class' for the most part, it didn't hold a candle to the likes of X-Men and X2.. and the less said about X3 and Wolverine, the better.

But hey - Singer coming back can't be a bad thing... just look at the stunning job he done on the Superman franchise! :D
    EXCLUSIVE: Matthew Vaughn has decided not to direct the sequel to 20th Century Fox‘s hit spinoff X-Men: First Class. Ready for the next shocker? Atop the studio’s replacement short list is Bryan Singer, who launched the X-Men feature franchise with the first two superb films and who has been a guiding influence in this spinoff by writing the treatment and producing. If this works out, Singer and Vaughn would essentially be switching roles. Vaughn, who wrote the treatment for the sequel for X-Men: Days Of Future Past that was scripted by Simon Kinberg, would step back to produce the film with Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner.
    Deadline
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I thought First Class was the best of them after X2, the first X-Men is kinda pants tbh, but its still a masterpiece compared to Wolverine, shudder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

krudler wrote: »
    I thought First Class was the best of them after X2, the first X-Men is kinda pants tbh, but its still a masterpiece compared to Wolverine, shudder.
    Don't know.. I rewatched them all recently, and have a real soft spot for the first X-Men.

Wolverine was just atrocious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

the first X-Men is kinda pants tbh

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I actually thought FC was the best of the Xmen franchise. Pity Vaughan is not returning as I prefer him as a Director over Singer.

Basq wrote: »
    Don't know.. I rewatched them all recently, and have a real soft spot for the first X-Men.

Wolverine was just atrocious though.

I like the first half of X1, then it loses it, it looks cheap as hell in places too, some of the costumes are godawful, like Sabretooth. X2 is fantastic though, its definitely in the top 5 comic books movies ever for me. Wolverine is appalling, the cgi is worse than the first movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My most hated thing about Wolverine is what they did to Deadpool.
    Brought him to the big screen, got the right actor.
    THEN SEALED HIS MOUTH SHUT!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Could he not just remake X-Men 3 instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was kinda disappointed with FC.

It was going great but it seemed to lose steam towards the end.

A few of the mutants were stupid (although that wasn't the directors fault).
    Screaming pussy, flying acid-slut, guy with the vaguest power ever (adaptation).
    Also, what's her face from Mad Men was a plank of wood.

And they kinda crammed in the set up for the rest of the franchise towards the end - paraplegifying Xavier and all that for no real reason I could discern.

It was the bones of a good film so theres certainly a pool of talent there. I just hope some of the details don't let it down this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Really don't get the love for X-men 1 & 2. Pretty piss poor all round to be honest.

First Class is a far superior told story and executed much better imo.

Really not a fan of Singer.

My most hated thing about Wolverine is what they did to Deadpool.
    Brought him to the big screen, got the right actor.
    THEN SEALED HIS MOUTH SHUT!!!!

Yeah, Reynolds wa a great choice, then they completely missed the concept of the "merc with the mouth". someone should make a Deadpool movie, complete with 4th wall breaking, be great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Yeah, Reynolds wa a great choice, then they completely missed the concept of the "merc with the mouth". someone should make a Deadpool movie, complete with 4th wall breaking, be great fun.

They've been trying to get a film off the ground for years. Looks like it might finally happen as Tom Rothman has left Fox. There was a script floating around last year, I think, from the lads who wrote Zombieland. That was brilliant and was exactly what I imagined a Deadpool film to be. Hopefully they end up using it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think bring Singer back would be the best decision they can make. I think X-Men is a good film. It had a smaller budget than all the others and a smaller scope storywise but it set up the franchise perfectly. Then he went on to make X2, which is an amazing movie. It was until Chris Nolan started release Batman films that a better comic movie than X2 was released.

First-class was pretty good but not in the same league as X2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And it should star Ryan Reynolds, breaking the 4th wall, about how horribly he was abused in the Wolverine movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I know it says Vaughan decided not to direct, but I really hope this stays the case. If some story surfaces of friction and budget slashing yada I think I'd have to just give up on Fox with comic book movies. I mean Vaughan gave credibility back to X Men after the dire turn out of X3 and Wolverine, no easy task.

Singer if you ask me has lost his early golden touch, between Valkyrie and Superman I cannot bring myself to get excited for anything he's involved in. Fingers still crossed though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm clearly completely against the grain on this, but I kind of enjoyed xmen 3. I know it was a bad film, but there were good parts to it (moving the bridge) and it was the best story of the lot. And even though FC was a good film and had some great scenes (magneto destroying the boat), I just didn't love it.

I do agree though that the second is easily the best, the first is the next best and wolverine was terrible. Really shockingly bad.

Oh, I also enjoyed Superman!

Singer was desperate to direct First Class but couldn't get out of his contract for Jack the Giant Killer. Ive heard from a few people who worked on Jack that during production meetings Singer was more concerned with playing on his iPhone than he was on the film. He would nod his head every now and again but for the most part he may as well not even have been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I was going to create a new thread but.......

Bryan Singer has confirmed that confirmed that Sir Ian Mckellen and Sir Patrick Stewart are set to reprise their roles as Magneto and Professor X for the upcoming superhero sequel ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past.’ Singer revealed their return to the comic book franchise with the following tweet:
    “Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 & @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come...”

Penned by Simon Kinberg, ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ is scheduled for release July 2014 with Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult and the rest of the ’X-Men: First Class’ stars set to return.

While it has yet to be confirmed, the sequel’s plot is said to draw inspiration from Chris Claremont and John Byrne’s memorable 1981 comic book story arc which revolved around an alternate dystopian future where mutant-hunting robots called the Sentinels rule America and track mutants, kill them or put them in camps.
    The few surviving members of the X-Men – Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Colossus, Rachel Summers and Franklin Richards, son of The Fantastic Four’s Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, along with Magneto, plan to change history by sending Kitty’s consciousness back through time and into her younger self — where she can warn the X-Men of 30 years ago to prevent the dark age that follows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Vaughan still involved with the script of he is completely gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Jackman also in talks to appear atm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gone to do Star Wars it would seem.

Directors always seem to be abandoning X-Men for bigger and better things. Hopefully it works out better for Vaughn than it did for Singer, or he could find himself back doing the next X-men film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He's down as a producer.

He's also going to co produce Kick-Ass 2, which will be directed by Jeff Wadlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Raekwon wrote: »
    He's down as a producer.

He's also going to co produce Kick-Ass 2, which will be directed by Jeff Wadlow.

As well as work on SuperCrooks with Mark Millar...so it's not like he's not busy

Thwip! wrote: »
    Jackman also in talks to appear atm

Official now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Peter Dinklage has been signed up to play the main villain according to a number of articles!

Some are speculating that he will play
    Boliver Trask, the inventor of the Sentinels
    . A huge amount of acting talent is turning up for this and if the writers can capture some the magic from the Claremont/Byrne comic classic, this could be something special!

Dinklage as Jackman's replacement for Wolverine :pac: c'mon who wouldn't pay to see that.

Peter Dinklage has been signed up to play the main villain according a number of articles!

Some are speculating that he will play
    Boliver Trask, the inventor of the Sentinels
    . A huge amount of acting talent is turning up for this and if the writers can capture some the magic from the Claremont/Byrne comic classic, this could be something special!

Wow Dinklage is a great cast addition

I'm kinda confused - how will this story fit in with the X-Men movie timeline? Will it be set after X-Men 3 or after First Class, but before X-Men 1?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm kinda confused - how will this story fit in with the X-Men movie timeline? Will it be set after X-Men 3 or after First Class, but before X-Men 1?

Its going to be mainly set in the 1970's afaik, so after first class but before X-men 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

After First Class/before X-Men 1 and After X-Men 3 its a time travel movie that hopefully will clear up all the mistakes between X-Men 3 and First Class or wipe out all the continuity and start a fresh new series.

• Advertisement

I also enjoyed X-Men 3. Sure, it was the worst of the franchise (well, OK, Wolverine is up there too), but it was fun. Plus it was worth it for this line alone -

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

Due to time-travel the answer to your question is kinda complicated. If I had to guess, the events of X3: The Last Stand will lead to a dystopian future where mutants have been all but eradicated and the survivors are hunted like dogs. Someone will go back in time to the 1960s/1970s to just after First Class, warn them of this, and change history so that X1, X2, X3 and Origins:Wolverine will never have happened, and a new franchise timeline will start from there, presumably including FC, DoFP and the new The Wolverine movie. Think of it like the recent Star Trek "reboot": it's not technically a reboot since it keeps a certain amount of continuity with everything that's already been released, but time-travel makes things happen differently so if you wanted, you could effectively ignore the previous timeline.

That's the simplest explanation. It might get more complicated if they try to ONLY excise X3 and Origins: Wolverine. Personally I think it'd be better to just start from scratch with FC though; it's simpler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Evilsbane wrote: »
    Due to time-travel the answer to your question is kinda complicated. If I had to guess, the events of X3: The Last Stand will lead to a dystopian future where mutants have been all but eradicated and the survivors are hunted like dogs. Someone will go back in time to the 1960s/1970s to just after First Class, warn them of this, and change history so that X1, X2, X3 and Origins:Wolverine will never have happened, and a new franchise timeline will start from there, presumably including FC, DoFP and the new The Wolverine movie. Think of it like the recent Star Trek "reboot": it's not technically a reboot since it keeps a certain amount of continuity with everything that's already been released, but time-travel makes things happen differently so if you wanted, you could effectively ignore the previous timeline.

That's the simplest explanation. It might get more complicated if they try to ONLY excise X3 and Origins: Wolverine. Personally I think it'd be better to just start from scratch with FC though; it's simpler.

I didn't think about the comparison to Star Trek before time travel the new Holywood restart/reboot button

To be fair to them, this WAS a big storyline in the comics. They're not just pulling it out of their asses. And in fact, ever since X1 this was destined to happen, since according to the comics the dystopian future was caused by a single event: the Brotherhood's assassination of Senator Kelly, which you'll recall happened in X1. If we go by the comics, that death was ALWAYS going to have to be undone, eventually.

Other things to note: in the comics, a grown-up Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) is the one who goes back in time to warn the X-Men of the past. In addition: in the comics, there is a sequel to this story called Days of Future Present which reveals that even though the assassination was prevented and things turn out differently, ANOTHER dystopian future must be prevented. Days of Future Present is a story which involves not only the X-Men but also the Fantastic Four, and so that's almost certain to get used since Fox clearly wants an expanded universe just like Disney has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Plus it was worth it for this line alone -

When it first came out, I asked a friend who had seen X3 what his thoughts were on it. He just burst out laughing and started describing in detail "the line". Seemed to have been the standout moment for a lot of people! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hold not the slightest bit of liking for X-Men 3. It was a shambles that should have been twigged once Ratner was announced as director.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think along with Wolverines 1st movie there trying to forget 3 happened at all :/

My theory of what Peter Dinklage is doing is that he'll be Master Mold. He's the right body shape for it and I expect Sentinels will play a big part in the story. Playing a giant - that oughta be a new experience for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

TBH when i first seen it was him the first role that came to mind was puck from alpha flight.

might be part of a pack of future mutants that represent all thats left globaly of their kind that are trying to change the past ala the original storyline.

wolvie does connect the two teams and fox might be looking at spin off potential.

im fine with anything they run with though. mans a class actor.

TBH when i first seen it was him the first role that came to mind was puck from alpha flight.

might be part of a pack of future mutants that represent all thats left globaly of their kind that are trying to change the past ala the original storyline.

wolvie does connect the two teams and fox might be looking at spin off potential.

im fine with anything they run with though. mans a class actor.
    I really hope they don't try to spin off Alpha Flight. As someone born in Canada I'd like to see it do well, but as a moviegoer I'd hate to see cinemas get overcrowded with superhero movies, especially Z-List stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and Alpha Flight. I'd rather have seen them do their 1970s exploitation-style Daredevil movie - they should get the marquee characters right before they even consider the lesser characters.

Fox haven't even successfully rebooted the Fantastic Four yet. There's such a thing as counting your chickens before they've hatched. If it were Marvel, I'd trust them to do it right because Marvel actually believes in the strength of its characters and storylines. But Fox seems to really only be in it for the money, and think they need to "improve" details like making Juggernaut a mutant, making Dr Doom an American businessman with lightning power, making Deadpool a mouthless gimp, etc.

I really hope they don't try to spin off Alpha Flight. As someone born in Canada I'd like to see it do well, but as a moviegoer I'd hate to see cinemas get overcrowded with superhero movies, especially Z-List stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and Alpha Flight. I'd rather have seen them do their 1970s exploitation-style Daredevil movie - they should get the marquee characters right before they even consider the lesser characters.

Fox haven't even successfully rebooted the Fantastic Four yet. There's such a thing as counting your chickens before they've hatched. If it were Marvel, I'd trust them to do it right because Marvel actually believes in the strength of its characters and storylines. But Fox seems to really only be in it for the money, and think they need to "improve" details like making Juggernaut a mutant, making Dr Doom an American businessman with lightning power, making Deadpool a mouthless gimp, etc.

I have far more interest in seeing Guardians of the Galaxy than I do the next Iron Man. Much as i love Shane Black I think that the marquee characters are restrictive with little chance of Marvel letting anyone director do anything too outrageous. Getting Gunn for Guardians shows a willingness for them to try and create something a little different with the less known characters and that's exactly how it should be. Marvel should be looking into making low to medium budget films to showcase characters such as the Punisher, Dr. Strange, Blade, etc. these are characters who don't need a budget if 200+ million. And with lower budget films there will be less emphasis on delivering family friendly content. I'd hate to see a Blade or Frank Castle film aimed at audiences of all ages.

Marvel are only in it for the money too. Make no mistake about that, it's their sole motivation in making these films. While they have shown better judgement thus far I don't see comic book films being as popular 10 years from now which is why they need to look into creating smaller films. Look at what DC have done with their animated films. They are producing high quality films based upon many of their most celebrated works and in most cases these direct to disc releases are far superior to any of Marvel's live action films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

. Marvel should be looking into making low to medium budget films to showcase characters such as the Punisher, Dr. Strange, Blade, etc. these are characters who don't need a budget if 200+ million. And with lower budget films there will be less emphasis on delivering family friendly content. I'd hate to see a Blade or Frank Castle film aimed at audiences of all ages.

Well there has already been 3 attempts at The Punisher without much success, so may not go for his character again

Darko wrote: »

I have far more interest in seeing Guardians of the Galaxy than I do the next Iron Man. Much as i love Shane Black I think that the marquee characters are restrictive with little chance of Marvel letting anyone director do anything too outrageous. Getting Gunn for Guardians shows a willingness for them to try and create something a little different with the less known characters and that's exactly how it should be. Marvel should be looking into making low to medium budget films to showcase characters such as the Punisher, Dr. Strange, Blade, etc. these are characters who don't need a budget if 200+ million. And with lower budget films there will be less emphasis on delivering family friendly content. I'd hate to see a Blade or Frank Castle film aimed at audiences of all ages.
    Aside from Iron Man, each marquee character has only had one movie so far, so how you've gotten the impression that they're restrictive already is beyond me.

As for Doc Strange, he's already been confirmed by Feige for Phase Three. As for Punisher and Blade, they've only gotten those licenses back relatively recently, so I'd be surprised if they're not working on something. They also got the rights back for Daredevil fairly recently, so DD and Punisher are likely to get their own crossover stuff (they are enemies after all).

And obviously Marvel are in it for the money, they're a business after all. But thus far they've demonstrated that they actually believe in the product too - hence the eight-year delay in making Ant-Man: they want to get it right and are in no rush.

Anyway, I don't want to just spend my time defending Marvel since they've made mistakes too. My point was that I'd rather see existing characters develop than see an endless stream of new characters for the sake of new characters, and especially not origin story after origin story. I'll reserve judgment on GotG but I'd rather not see Alpha Flight shoehorned into their own movie for the sake of expanding a Cinematic Universe. I can't think of what I could really get out of watching an Alpha Flight movie that I couldn't get watching another superhero team movie from Fox, like X-Men. Their being Canadian isn't enough.

Skerries wrote: »
    Well there has already been 3 attempts at The Punisher without much success, so may not go for his character again

We will see a Punisher film within the next few years. He's one of those characters that Marvel can put on screen with a much smaller budget than their flagship characters.
    Aside from Iron Man, each marquee character has only had one movie so far, so how you've gotten the impression that they're restrictive already is beyond me.

As for Doc Strange, he's already been confirmed by Feige for Phase Three. As for Punisher and Blade, they've only gotten those licenses back relatively recently, so I'd be surprised if they're not working on something. They also got the rights back for Daredevil fairly recently, so DD and Punisher are likely to get their own crossover stuff (they are enemies after all).

And obviously Marvel are in it for the money, they're a business after all. But thus far they've demonstrated that they actually believe in the product too - hence the eight-year delay in making Ant-Man: they want to get it right and are in no rush.

Anyway, I don't want to just spend my time defending Marvel since they've made mistakes too. My point was that I'd rather see existing characters develop than see an endless stream of new characters for the sake of new characters, and especially not origin story after origin story. I'll reserve judgment on GotG but I'd rather not see Alpha Flight shoehorned into their own movie for the sake of expanding a Cinematic Universe. I can't think of what I could really get out of watching an Alpha Flight movie that I couldn't get watching another superhero team movie from Fox, like X-Men. Their being Canadian isn't enough.

The flagship films are by their very nature restrictive. Marvel are not going to do anything too drastic with Cap and Iron Man. They will play it safe so as to capitalise on sequels and future Avengers films. I've enjoyed all the films to date and look forward to Captain America and Thor 2 and hope that Iron Man 3 will impress but I realise that Marvel are never going to do anything truly interesting with these characters. There's zero chance of them killing off Captain America or Iron Man.

Doc Strange as part of Phase three is an odd one. He's a rather obscure character who much like the Green Lantern would be unknown to anyone who hasn't an interest in comics. If the film is a big budget one then I can see it bombing big time though I imagine that they will introduce him in Thor 2 and go from there. I think that a character such as Dr. Strange would do a lot better in a smaller budgeted aimed at adults rather than families.

My comments about Blade and and Frank was more to do with me hoping to see films which aren't incorporated into the Avengers universe. I don't want some watered down PG-13 film for either them or Daredevil. I want a mature, well told story that doesn't have to hold back on the blood shed. I imagine that a Punisher who can't tear a mans face off would be a rather dull cinematic character.

Marvel have this grand idea of bringing all their heroes together into one world and then riding the gravy train. I think a distinction has to be made at some point between the various characters and their audiences as it's going to get rather boring if every film is aimed at the same audience.

i dont know .

if avengers really is going the "infinity gauntlet" route then doctor strange is a handy way to introduce the cosmic level beings into the marvel film universe. i cant really see any other character bar thor that can do that considering just how nuts some of those characters are (chaos and order, eon ,eternity , the living tribunal , death etc)

certainly himself and mephisto had a fairly big bit part in that story.

could be a big budget film on him will serve that.

i was never a big doc strange fan but he is supposed to be earths protector from mad extra dimensional/ supernatural threats. its stand to reason it'd be a special effects driven film.

certainly himself and mephisto had a fairly big bit part in that story.
    Mephisto currently belongs to Sony due to his being part of the Ghost Rider license. Silver Surfer and Galactus are with Fox. Doc Strange will be more likely to face Baron Mordo and/or Dormammu. TBH as a general rule you can look at the characters used in the Marvel vs Capcom series to get a sense of the characters Marvel has faith in. We can probably expect Nova to show up in a movie soon.

oh i know.

its a pity they couldnt slap galactus and co in avengers 2 if like i said theyre doing the infinty gauntlet arc ,but he didnt do much really anyway

but im sure they can just set up something similar, satannish or one of the other 2nd tier demonesque characters from the past, as a stand in for the role.

take the silver surfer. nova could very easily fill that role as all he really did was help alert earths heros to the threat and make a run for the gauntlet at a strategically important time. be just as easy to have him stuck in soul world with adam warlock as norin.

the loss of the fantastic four and the x-men is a bigger blow in terms of ramping up the "event" status for the film TBH.

mind you im making huge assumptions as to how close theyre gonna stick to the story :D

I think they could pull off something very credible with just the avengers, the guardians and whomwever else they can crowbar in. the "jaysus look whos in this" factor was on of the big draws for avengers 1. be nice to see it continued.

in relation to the docs own film i'd lean on favoring dormammu. they did a nifty little animated film of doc strage a few years back and it didnt suck. if theyre going big budget a threat like him is more what ya should be leaning on least ya wanna be compared to disneys "the sorcerors apprentice".

http://uk.eonline.com/news/392634/halle-berry-back-for-x-men-days-of-future-past-director-talks-quot-biggest-quot-film-yet?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories
    Singer says that in addition to Hugh Jackman, who's
    returning as Wolverine, former X-Men castmembers Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart,
    Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin and Ellen Page will all be back from Days of Future
    Past, which Singer calls the "biggest" X-Men film yet.

He also hints that Berry and Romijin could be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why would you force black text formatting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A studio source has said not to look for the return of January Jones as Emma Frost, Alex Gonzalez as Riptide or Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore.

Jason Flemyng has already said that he will not be reprise his role as their villainous comrade Azazel.

The latest casting announcements include Daniel Cudmore returning to the role of Colossus alongside Fan Bingbing as Blink and Booboo Stewart in an unknown part.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a466266/x-men-first-classs-january-jones-kravitz-gonzalez-wont-return.html

Looks like Singer very much wants to put his own stamp on this and cutting as many aspects of FC that he can get away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a466266/x-men-first-classs-january-jones-kravitz-gonzalez-wont-return.html

Looks like Singer very much wants to put his own stamp on this and cutting as many aspects of FC that he can get away with.

If they also get rid of ridiculous screaming fella then I'll be a happy camper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement