Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    You'll have to get her some slipper socks to go over the bandage for traction! ;)

I just said to himself this morning that I'd better go and get some of those socks! Where's the best place, penneys or dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I just said to himself this morning that I'd better go and get some of those socks! Where's the best place, penneys or dunnes?

Think they're cheaper in penneys? Baby socks will gave the non-slip things too

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Poor coco, must be difficult for her -bless

Just wrestled a rotting bird off the two of mine - disgusting.. But at least they are playing nicely today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Poor coco, hope she heals fast.
    Oliver cracked a couple of his claws before, not badly, but a little blood, my daughter did a repair job on one, layers of clear nail polish and toilet roll, held for a week or more, but he was going nuts not walking.

Well Coco is in much better form, and has become a bit more mobile with her large bandage! I got her the socks in penneys, got some great baby ones that are like soft shoes almost - great for keeping dirt and rain off her bandage.

She was not at all pleased that she couldn't go out, she was full of guff! And the brat tried to get back up on the windowsill today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Cow TV is back here, local farmer has put cattle in the field next to the house, cue my dogs sitting at the fence watching them, just watching, no barking. Give it a day or two and they'll be bored with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Bit racy for Ireland but as a teenager 'Cow TV' was a student film crew following those doing the walk of shame home on Satursay and Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Am not impressed. Just spent the last twenty minutes trying to encourage Kovu off the roof. Every time I tried to walk him round to the shed to jump onto he'd come halfway and then turn back at the ridge.
    He has an awful obsession with up. Clearly the attic isn't getting him high enough any more :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Kovu wrote: »
    Am not impressed. Just spent the last twenty minutes trying to encourage Kovu off the roof. Every time I tried to walk him round to the shed to jump onto he'd come halfway and then turn back at the ridge.
    He has an awful obsession with up. Clearly the attic isn't getting him high enough any more :D:pac:

Saw this and though of you. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xexsnuAF0U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

He had eaten a tin of Almo nature Ckn & Salmon earlier on which is not his normal food & it must have gone to his head! He eventually came in the window and trotted straight up to my bed, stayed there til 4am, went out for an hour, then came back in to bed, went out at 8am and came bouncing in on top of me again at half 9. Spring is getting to him :D

• Advertisement

He had eaten a tin of Almo nature Ckn & Salmon earlier on which is not his normal food & it must have gone to his head! He eventually came in the window and trotted straight up to my bed, stayed there til 4am, went out for an hour, then came back in to bed, went out at 8am and came bouncing in on top of me again at half 9. Spring is getting to him :D

Our 4 are full of fun and mischief as well, I blame the sunny weather. Felix was wrestling a cardboard scratching post on our bedroom floor in the early hours the other morning. Luckily I got up as he'd left it on it's side, just where Mr Pumpkinseeds would have tripped over it and gone A over T in the dark. :D

I found Cocos nail casing, it was caught in the radiator as I suspected. God love her, she's doing brilliant, even going on an on lead walk. The big test will be tomorrow when it's time to change the bandage. I have a funny feeling I might have to head back to the vets as I reckon it's still red raw under all the dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I found Cocos nail casing, it was caught in the radiator as I suspected. God love her, she's doing brilliant, even going on an on lead walk. The big test will be tomorrow when it's time to change the bandage. I have a funny feeling I might have to head back to the vets as I reckon it's still red raw under all the dressing.

Oh jesus, wiggling my toes reading that, poor thing. Hopefully the vet visit goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Our 14 year old boy Jake likes to get up on the neighbours roof in the sun, it's a single story so he can get up off the garden wall, my daughter panicked when he first did it, but it's only about 18inches of a jump.

The trapdoor to the attic is broken here and I found Ruby up there a few times!
    The ladder is up and while the ceiling is low, it's still a long way to jump up, even off the side of the bath (that's how we think she's getting up), Arabella got up there yesterday too!

And this morning Toby was standing on top of the kitchen door? No idea why or how, I think they're all going mad!

Frigga_92 wrote: »
    Oh jesus, wiggling my toes reading that, poor thing. Hopefully the vet visit ges well :)

I know, the thoughts of it :(
    I'm actually supposed to attempt to do the hibiscrub clean and bandage myself. It's not that I'm squeamish or can't do it, I just don't want to hurt her, I'd rather get her sedated again if it's going to be too painful. I'll not know how much progress has been made healing wise until I take off the bandage tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I know, the thoughts of it :(
    I'm actually supposed to attempt to do the hibiscrub clean and bandage myself. It's not that I'm squeamish or can't do it, I just don't want to hurt her, I'd rather get her sedated again if it's going to be too painful. I'll not know how much progress has been made healing wise until I take off the bandage tomorrow.

I'd be the very same, just a bit iffy that I'd do something wrong and cause more discomfort. Fingers crossed it's healed a little bit.

mymo wrote: »
    Our 14 year old boy Jake likes to get up on the neighbours roof in the sun, it's a single story so he can get up off the garden wall, my daughter panicked when he first did it, but it's only about 18inches of a jump.

The trapdoor to the attic is broken here and I found Ruby up there a few times!
    The ladder is up and while the ceiling is low, it's still a long way to jump up, even off the side of the bath (that's how we think she's getting up), Arabella got up there yesterday too!

And this morning Toby was standing on top of the kitchen door? No idea why or how, I think they're all going mad!

We have a neighbour whose tabby gets up on the roof and walks all around the neighbourhood, via the roofs. He gave me a shock one day when I looked up and he was sitting on a roof meowing at me.:eek: I went to his owners and told them I thought he was stuck, but they said he does it all the time. Turns out he gets on the roof of someone's conservatory and gets up on the roof that way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I was in Dublin yesterday, walked in Corkagh Park, Killiney Hill, St Annes and Fr Collins Parks. Wow, the amount of off lead, not under control dogs was astounding, I thought it was bad on our local beach. I saw the dog run in Corkagh park, such a shame they couldn't have made the fence even just another foot higher, I wouldn't trust my dogs in there, and I saw a lovely akita being walked past it, obviously he/she isn't allowed to go in :(

Felix is a happy chappy. I flattened a cardboard box and put it out in the sunshine in the back garden, with a catnip toy banana on top and he's rolling around on his back on it. :)

I've just spent 5 minutes watching Elly fish out a peice of her food from under the freezer, wouldn't mind but her food dish is full and right next to it!!

Freezer food is obviously tastier!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Taking some clothes out of the washing machine today and noticed there was mucky stains on most of them so I took out he rest and out pops a sparkling green tennis ball! One of the dogs must have tucked it in the basket for safe keeping :o

Mr Pumpkinseeds woke me at 6 to tell me Toby had come home with a deep wound on his head that looked like it needed stitches. Thankfully he's wrong. It's old scabbing that somehow got pulled off during the night and looks worse than it is. It's very raw, but clean and hopefully some of the Metacam we have as well as some healing powder will spare him a trip to the vets. I'll see how he is tomorrow and if he needs the vet I'll take him then.

He's had a few brawls already this year and I'm worried about him having too many antibiotic injections. At the moment he's tucked up sound asleep on his cushion bed and the other 3 seem to be leaving him alone, at least for the moment.

Not having the best day.. the boot lock on the car decided to pop open and now won't lock. So trying to be handy, I used google to look for solutions.

Whilst trying to sort it out using various screwdrivers etc... I accidently pressed the unlock button whilst I had the screwdriver holding open the locking mechanism.

Cue screwdriver flying out of the lock and smacking me in the face. Thank god I wear glasses because they took the brunt of it. Just have a bump on my head and a bruised chin. Thank goodness no one was watching:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

OH and I got into bed tonight. OH commented that his arse felt damp.... Checked duvet - Princess Foxy has peed on his side of the bed, right through the duvet.

He's been giving out to me for years as we have a mattress topper, a mattress protector and an electric blanket underneath the sheet. For once he's not grumbling as all of this has protected the new mattress...

But I have loads of laundry awaiting me :(

Now to figure out what's upset our little princess :confused:

I got the Broadline flea/wormer from the vet this morning and Jazzy is already on to me. He's giving me his lopsided(had a few teeth removed over the years) look that tells me he know's I'm up to something.:D

I met him out on the footpath earlier and he pretended not to know me, he has always done this with us outside of the garden, no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I met him out on the footpath earlier and he pretended not to know me, he has always done this with us outside of the garden, no idea why.

Afraid you'll embarrass him in front of his cat friends lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Jesse has in the last few days developed a bad case of kleptomania, particularly anything on my bedside locker. Never in her nearly 2 years of life has she bothered about hair ties but shes suddenly realised they're the best thing ever. She'll nose around and route through a little toiletry bag I have until she finds one and steals it, my little tube of carmen lip balm keeps finding it's way to various parts of the house too. She's tried stealing money, my comb and my glasses but she can't get a proper grip around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I got a new tattoo yesterday on my shoulder. Of course this means Cream has suddenly decided that playing Parrot and sitting on said shoulder is the best thing ever again after not doing it for months. Why must they insist on torturing me like this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I got a new tattoo yesterday on my shoulder. Of course this means Cream has suddenly decided that playing Parrot and sitting on said shoulder is the best thing ever again after not doing it for months. Why must they insist on torturing me like this :(

Are yours pet related SMX? I've been thinking of getting a small one, maybe a pawprint but unsure what to get. Also afraid of pain which doesn't help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

toadfly wrote: »
    Are yours pet related SMX? I've been thinking of getting a small one, maybe a pawprint but unsure what to get. Also afraid of pain which doesn't help!

I've been thinking about getting a tiny pawprint behind my ear for a long time. The only thing putting me off is in case I ever have to tie my hair up for work and they would think it inappropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement