Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does anyone know if early access is just on PC. Would be sickened if I had to wait for the full release on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if early access is just on PC. Would be sickened if I had to wait for the full release on PS4.

Just PC. PS4 release will be a few months off at the earliest.

Just PC. PS4 release will be a few months off at the earliest.

Bollix sake!

So, any of ye DayZ players, how is H1Z1 looking compared to it so far? I know H1Z1 is in fairly early days but I think it looks really empty (2000 players should beef it up a bit anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Use to play day z , not alot some had a good few hours with last year. Can be awful empty feeling at times butwhen you bump into other players it can be awful hilarious. H1Z1 seems very similar so its all good for me and cant wait till its released on ps4 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Hopefully they will enable server modding.

raymix wrote: »

Did they do that with any other of their forgelight games? I doubt they'll ever allow modding. There will be that player create studio but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

raymix wrote: »

As far as I know, no one will be hosting servers apart from SOE - same as Planetside.

They do have these player server things coming in: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/23by4l/player_servers/

I'm not fully sure I understand what they are, but from what I've gathered a large group of players can vote for SOE to create servers with specific rulesets and features. So you could have servers with high level of military gear, or no vehicles etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looking forward to this now after the live stream footage i've seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

It's nothing to do with the craze for this genre at the moment, they've done it for some of their previous games too.

Yes it is, they want to cash in plain and simple. i cant believe how anyone can defend being charged 20e to alpha test a FREE2PLAY game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yes it is, they want to cash in plain and simple. i cant believe how anyone can defend being charged 20e to alpha test a FREE2PLAY game.

Easy, don't bother testing and wait so you can play for free.

The game has to make money somehow. If you don't want to spend the €20 then wait until it comes out. Simple. I will be buying it.

RasTa wrote: »
    Easy, don't bother testing and wait so you can play for free.

Thanks for the tip. But it would be better if they done what BI are doing with DayZ and have a one time fee with zero micro transactions. I'd much rather pay a one time fee. This "testing" period could go on for years before full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thanks for the tip. But it would be better if they done what BI are doing with DayZ and have a one time fee with zero micro transactions. I'd much rather pay a one time fee. This "testing" period could go on for years before full release.

Imo what DayZ is doing is worse.. They've charged full price for a game not even close to done and will take at least another year before its actually released.

With DayZ you're paying full price to play test there game.. At least H1Z1 will be free when it comes out.

You mean like the DayZ testing period is going to go on for years?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Imo what DayZ is doing is worse.. They've charged full price for a game not even close to done and will take at least another year before its actually released.

With DayZ you're paying full price to play test there game.. At least H1Z1 will be free when it comes out.

Man, wth are you talking about ?, DayZ is charging less then full price for early access right now (24e) and thats for all future content included(no content locked behind microtransactions). DayZ will cost more when its finished incase you didn't know..

Whereas h1z1 is charging 20e for early access alpha into a Free2play game with micro transactions.
    You mean like the DayZ testing period is going to go on for years?

Indeed, whats your point ?

Indeed, whats your point ?

This "testing" period could go on for years before full release.

Still dont see your point dude. All im saying is it could take years to become actually "Free2Play", until then they charge people 20e with Microtransactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Man, wth are you talking about ?, DayZ is charging less then full price for early access right now (24e) and thats for all future content included(no content locked behind microtransactions). DayZ will cost more when its finished incase you didn't know..

Whereas h1z1 is charging 20e for early access alpha into a Free2play game with micro transactions.

But you don't have to pay the €20... You will be able to play the game for free when its released.

DayZ on the other hand forces you to pay €24 just to test the game. Also the devs have said that any micro transactions will be mostly cosmetic stuff. here's a quote from a dev -
    you seriously don't need to spend a dime. We're still figuring out the monetization but we will telegraph our plans early and let people comment and we'll listen if they don't like something and come to a place where people feel good about it.

They've basically said numerous times that its not pay to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness, this is so optional, its even painful.
    You want to play game right now? Pay 20eu, which will translate in to currency for you to buy stuff later on.
    You want to play, but dont want to play unfinished product - just wait for it to be launched for free.
    You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But you don't have to pay the €20... You will be able to play the game for free when its released.

DayZ on the other hand forces you to pay €24 just to test the game. Also the devs have said that any micro transactions will be mostly cosmetic stuff. here's a quote from a dev -

They've basically said numerous times that its not pay to win.

"DayZ on the other hand forces you to pay €24 just to test the game" ... Just to test the game ?? and play it forever with all future content included, with the 24e being a reduced price then what it will be come release. 50e/60e. (something along the line of arma3 pricing)

We can only hope h1z1 will not be pay2win 2 years down the line, only time will tell. But the simple fact of the matter is, these guys are charging people 20e to alpha test a free2play game.

Still dont see your point dude. All im saying is it could take years to become actually "Free2Play", until then they charge people 20e with Microtransactions.

Just don't buy it then. You're making too big of a fuss. There are MMOs out there that charge for yearly subscriptions of 50euro, along with microtransactions, those are the ones you need to go complain about.

In fairness, this is so optional, its even painful.
    You want to play game right now? Pay 20eu, which will translate in to currency for you to buy stuff later on.
    You want to play, but dont want to play unfinished product - just wait for it to be launched for free.
    You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free.

oh man, thats laughable "You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free"

The way people are being conditioned these days. We should be paid to test their game, not the other way around...

oh man, thats laughable "You are tight ass and dont want to pay a penny for testing the game - just wait for it to be launched for free"

The way people are being conditioned these days. We should be paid to test their game, not the other way around...

The beauty of living in a free world. It might sound shocking and you should sit down, because it will blow your MIND. Ready? Here it goes:

"If you dont want to test their game for them, dont pay any money and dont buy the product".

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

If you had any clue about other Sony games, then you would know this will not be the case. Planetside 2 is a prime example of this. Testing period was about 2-3 months if I remember (alpha phase), then you could pay to support the game (about €40 at the time, which I paid) in beta, and I got sh!t tonnes of unique stuff for doing so.

I don't see H1Z1 being any different.
    We should be paid to test their game, not the other way around...
    Now that's just silly. It sounds good in theory and you'd imagine that's what should happen, but that's not how game releases work.

Just don't buy it then. You're making too big of a fuss. There are MMOs out there that charge for yearly subscriptions of 50euro, along with microtransactions, those are the ones you need to go complain about.

I love the genre, and will probably end up buying it, provided it doesnt bomb.
    And if the game took off like wild fire, we could very well see a subscription fee on full release.

The beauty of living in a free world. It might sound shocking and you should sit down, because it will blow your MIND. Ready? Here it goes:

"If you dont want to test their game for them, dont pay any money and dont buy the product".

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

But i would love to test their game, But get this (you might want to stand up so you can jump up and down) Paying to test their game is backwards.

But i would love to test their game, But get this (you might want to stand up so you can jump up and down) Paying to test their game is backwards.

You looking it from different angle. You pay for ability to play game right now, right here in what ever state it is at that point. With nothing hidden and on display. When you pay your 20eu, you should know what you getting.
    I would not even called it " pay for early access to support developer " as it is not a small indy dev, who just starts out. I gladly payed for Rust Early access, because it helped out developer and I want to support them for doing such a fantastic job. They got so much support, that it just backfired on them, but thats another story.

If you feel, that you are being ****ed over, then you are completely free not to pay any money and wait for all those other "losers", who payed 20eu to test game for you.

• Advertisement

You looking it from different angle. You pay for ability to play game right now, right here in what ever state it is at that point. With nothing hidden and on display. When you pay your 20eu, you should know what you getting.
    I would not even called it " pay for early access to support developer " as it is not a small indy dev, who just starts out. I gladly payed for Rust Early access, because it helped out developer and I want to support them for doing such a fantastic job. They got so much support, that it just backfired on them, but thats another story.

If you feel, that you are being ****ed over, then you are completely free not to pay any money and wait for all those other "losers", who payed 20eu to test game for you.

Why are you quoting "losers" ?, i never called you a loser. Ridiculous

Edit,
    And out of curiosity, have sony ever charged an entry fee before to test one of their free2play games ?

Advertisement