Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

o man i have spent the last 2 days playing battle royals and i cant drag myself away from this game. It is REALLY good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

o man i have spent the last 2 days playing battle royals and i cant drag myself away from this game. It is REALLY good.

Played a few last night, still don't know the map so I'm at a disadvantage as to where the toxic gas zones are.

SOE plan on doing a deal of as much battle Royale as you want for a month at 6.99 for the subscription. Not much of a deal in my eyes.

Played a few last night, still don't know the map so I'm at a disadvantage as to where the toxic gas zones are.

SOE plan on doing a deal of as much battle Royale as you want for a month at 6.99 for the subscription. Not much of a deal in my eyes.

are you kidding, that sounds like a great deal. i for one will be getting the sub :) that is if i dont become a beast at BR's in the mean time and win enough event tickets so i dont have to buy any or sub to play the game type.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Haven't logged on in a while, been busy so is BR still the same or has queuing changed at all.

Should be a single queue for each region rather than everyone trying to jump on to each server as soon as it appears.

Is that also part of All Access?

Varik wrote: »
    Haven't logged on in a while, been busy so is BR still the same or has queuing changed at all.

Should be a single queue for each region rather than everyone trying to jump on to each server as soon as it appears.

changed a bit there is a easyer way to search, but at peak times you still have a que going.

in the morning there is no quet you get straight in.

• Advertisement

are you kidding, that sounds like a great deal. i for one will be getting the sub :) that is if i dont become a beast at BR's in the mean time and win enough event tickets so i dont have to buy any or sub to play the game type.

I most certainly am not kidding! Put it this way, you're willing to pay a further 84 euro a year for a game you already bought for 20 euro that isnt even out of the testing phase yet? Thats a bit much in my eyes.

Now, don't get me wrong, H1Z1 is moving at a terrific rate but that's just bananas man! Battle royale may be good now but i feel this will kill the servers.

Not so sure friend, heres a linky

https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2zml5a/battle_royale_plan_monthly_passes_new_rewards/

it is nearly in the morning and i just dint want to stop playing, i got to 9th there about 2 hours ago and it was a airstrike that got me!!!! i was bulling. I had killed 5 people in it and stole a airdrop. i was so close to the end and the god dame airdrop got me aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

man i love this game.

In the last 4 days i have racked up 24hours in game. Battle Royal's are something else, i ranked 5th in one last night (my personal best so far) my heart was racing like mad and my hands where shaking like crazy.

In the last 4 days i have racked up 24hours in game. Battle Royal's are something else, i ranked 5th in one last night (my personal best so far) my heart was racing like mad and my hands where shaking like crazy.

Did you receive anything good in your mystery bag? I.e. Have they fixed the loot yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got 3th before, ended up camping upstairs in that house by the lake as the gas rolled in.

#1 and #2 were outside in cars and working together.

Got a nice skin out of it.

• Advertisement

What can I expect to find in the air drops?

Got 3th before, ended up camping upstairs in that house by the lake as the gas rolled in.

#1 and #2 were outside in cars and working together.

Got a nice skin out of it.

its hard when you get to top 10 cos most of the time there are groups working together. i have placed top 5 twice now and 7th there last night just before i logged out. i got 2 cowboy hat skins and a cool bird t-shirt.
    What can I expect to find in the air drops?

there is 3 different types of airdrops and you don't know what you will get when you call one in. there is a survivor airdrop that will have the basics bow and easy to find in game items.

and med airdrop that will have as you would guess meds.

and assault that has ammo and guns and it is the only place where you will find a sniper. but theys are only 4-7% chance of getting them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

there is 3 different types of airdrops and you don't know what you will get when you call one in. there is a survivor airdrop that will have the basics bow and easy to find in game items.

and med airdrop that will have as you would guess meds.

and assault that has ammo and guns and it is the only place where you will find a sniper. but theys are only 4-7% chance of getting them.

It's worth noting that these are the Battle Royal air drops. These are the ones you can get in the main game:
    There are ten different care packages that the planes will drop and some are more likely than others. They all have names and a specific set of items. These are only the initial changes to airdrops but it's unclear what direction they might go.

65% chance to call in one of these airdrops

The Caveman:Bow 1x, Bundle of Arrows 2x, Torch 1x, Waist pack 1x, 7 Zombies

The Welder: Wrench 1x, Hammer 1x, Metal Sheets 4x, Metal Pipes 2x, Weapon Repair Kit 1x, 7 Zombies

The Medic: First Aid Kits 2x, Bandages , Purified Water 2x, Saline 2x, 7 Zombies

The Demolition Man: IED 2x, Lighter 1x, Landmine 1x, Flares 2x, Smoke Flare 2x, Ethonol 1x, 7 Zombies

The Builder: Nails 20x, Furnace 1x, Logs 4x, Metal Bits 10x, Scrap Metal 10x, Wood Axe 1x, 7 Zombies

The Farmer: Tamper 10x, Corn Seeds 10x, Wheat Seeds 10x, Fertilizer 10x, Purified Water 5x, 7 Zombies

The Hiker: Motorcycle Helmet 1x, Military Backpack 1x, Goggles 1x, Binoculars 1x, Compass 1x, 7 Zombies

12.5 % chance to call in one of these airdrops

Life of the Party: IED 5x, Swizzle 20x, Moonshine 15x, Flare 30x, 7 Zombies

10.0% Chance to call in this airdrop

The Hobo: Shotgun 1x, Shells 12x, Moonshine 2x, Torch 1x, Twine 1x, Bear Sandwich 1x, 7 Zombies

The Lone Wolf: Pistol 1x, Ammo.45 14x, Logs 2x, Wolf Sandwich 1x, Animal Trap 1x, Deer Bladder 2x, 7 Zombies

Oh I thought air drops were random in battle Royale, didn't know people called em in!

This makes it dangerous going for one so, ran a few times for one because I thought I was the closest so it makes sense now

Oh I thought air drops were random in battle Royale, didn't know people called em in!

This makes it dangerous going for one so, ran a few times for one because I thought I was the closest so it makes sense now

Battle royal ones are auto, no one calls them in. and even if some one did call one in there is a strong chance the guy/girl who calls it in isnt going to be the closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cacdit2016

Have they taken out the pay-to-play that was upsetting so many people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

cacdit2016 wrote: »
    All games (except free ones) are pay to play :D

cacdit2016 wrote: »

no and to be far they shouldn't. there isn't a free to play game that doesn't have some kind of pay to win aspect to it. they are going to be giving a game away for FREE how would you expect them to get all the money they invested into it back. Like a mate of mine said the other day when we were talking about this, they are a company and why shouldnt they look for return on there investment. if they wernt looking for that then this would be there first and last game they ever make.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If the game is going f2p why charge for the alpha?

Just wondering...I still paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Lukker- wrote: »

to pay for the continued development.

and also i suspect that there is a "sure we can make a few quid handy why not"

• Advertisement

for anyone that wants to hop over to my stream i will be on in about 10min playing battle royals for the night.

i also play almost every night if you miss it tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/chewythefirst

here is my youtube as well, i uploaded som funny highlights from the the last few nights streams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWTjye3GOXjTZBloSH1u9xA

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Cash grab. Pay to test their alpha of a free2play game that has microtransactions during testing.. i payed too though, and i was fully aware what i was getting into, but being a sucker for these games what can i say.

What's the price going to be on an event ticket?

The problem I have is, sometimes as soon as you get in to a game of battle Royale, it's install death, somebody has touched down ahead of you and geared up. Too many guns and too much ammo on the map imo

How will they obliterate campers? Got to the last 15 a few times and literally can't find anyone for ages in a small enough space. Sure if everyone did that, it would be destruction derby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Because it makes business sense to take advantage of people's inability to wait for a product they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭callumsdad

Without broadband the past 2 weeks as have moved address and am really missing this game.:)

What's the price going to be on an event ticket?

The problem I have is, sometimes as soon as you get in to a game of battle Royale, it's install death, somebody has touched down ahead of you and geared up. Too many guns and too much ammo on the map imo

How will they obliterate campers? Got to the last 15 a few times and literally can't find anyone for ages in a small enough space. Sure if everyone did that, it would be destruction derby

there is airstrikes when you get that low on numbers, i have been killed by them 3 times now when i get to top 15, one of them i was in 8th. BR's are the **** man, i love them.

And if your looking for some quick action go play a BR and if you are looking for a long run with adventure jump on the main game, with H1Z1 you get the best of both worlds.

ok guys what is the best you have done in a battle royal??? i have just tonight got my personal best of 4th.

ok guys what is the best you have done in a battle royal??? i have just tonight got my personal best of 4th.

I came third in my first one tonight :D

It was so fun, I never played it because I thought for some reason we had to pay for it? :confused:

Anyways, I got killed by gas in the end. Got too focused on shooting folks that I got turned around and forgot about the gas and in the end I didn't know what way I was running because the area of survival was tiny and I could't make out landmarks because I was surrounded by gas.

It's mighty craic altogether!

I came third in my first one tonight :D

It was so fun, I never played it because I thought for some reason we had to pay for it? :confused:

Anyways, I got killed by gas in the end. Got too focused on shooting folks that I got turned around and forgot about the gas and in the end I didn't know what way I was running because the area of survival was tiny and I could't make out landmarks because I was surrounded by gas.

It's mighty craic altogether!

yea it is intense when you get that low, it was me and a american dude teamed against this other two guys and they killed us me 4th and my friend 3rd.

so the guys where about to shoot each other and i said no lads put the guns away and fist it out to the death, so they did over our dead bodys so we could see. was class :)

• Advertisement

What do ya get for finishing first?

I got a camo skin for tshirt and a cowboy hat for 3rd, was hoping for a little better! Those new emotes would be nice.

It's a funny old mode, I think my cautious dayz approach worked. I don't think I saw anybody until about there was 50 left. In the end I think I killed only 6 people and 3 of those were in the 1 group.

Advertisement