Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD student thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hamillliam

I just managed to get a place, so all i need now is to pass the leaving cert part of the entry requirements! Does anyone know whether iadt is considered easier to get into or not as viscom there is my first choice.
    help would be appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Martyna Maselsky

So Im planning on doing a PLC portfolio year before heading to NCAD - if i get in of course. So i was wondering do they look at your LC results if you do this course or becouse youre doing the plc they just count the points from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Whichever results are higher.

I think you need higher points to get into NCAD if you're coming from a PLC however, as opposed to if you were coming straight from school. I've heard in the past that they only keep a certain amount of spots for PLC graduates. It was the case at least a few years ago, where I know people who got in the region of 550 points didn't get in, but people with 510 or so did, as they had come straight from school.

Tutors in the PLC I went to also mentioned this possibility, although I'm unsure weather It's still the case or if NCAD openly admit that they have quotas along these lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 artyowl

Hi! I just submitted my portfolio to ncad this week and i was wondering if anyone else has/are planning to? I just want it to be march and get my results! im getting anxious already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miska.jaszo

I've submitted my portfolio too, i really hope its at a good standard. It would be very disappointing to not get in after all that work. Really trying not to get attached to any certain courses though I'm finding it very hard not to. I've applied to the 1st year common entry,fine art and product design in NCAD alongside other art courses in IADT and DIT. Since the first letters will be sent out form NCAD I'm hoping for at least somewhat positive feedback, it would really take a lot of stress off my shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 miska.jaszo

I've submitted my portfolio too, i really hope its at a good standard. It would be very disappointing to not get in after all that work. Really trying not to get attached to any certain courses though I'm finding it very hard not to. I've applied to the 1st year common entry,fine art and product design in NCAD alongside other art courses in IADT and DIT. Since the first letters will be sent out from NCAD I'm hoping for at least somewhat positive feedback, it would really take a lot of stress off my shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 artyowl

I'm the same!! after all that hard work i'd be gutted if i dont get a decent mark. All we can do is wait now. Limerick is my other option and im torn between there and ncad. IADT is my third option. Finding the accommodation in Dublin puts my off a bit but i should really wait until i get the results before i start worrying lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pollyannawins

hello everyone. I was in n.c.a.d. (painting) 3 years ago and would like to go to one of the end of term events in the college (I don't know what the next one is , mid term probably). anyone know if its possible for former students to go and how?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Hi I hope I'm not reviving a dead thread but I have no idea where to post this..

I'm 17, in 5th year and I'm thinking of studying at NCAD in the future (hopefully for Fashion Design)
    My problem is I don't do art in school due to timetable issues.
    I have done it up to JC and I've been told I'm quite good (I posted a sketch I did on here awhile ago)

Will me not art for the leaving cert affect my chances at getting in? Is it even possible to get in without art?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Hi,

I am interested in submitting a Portfolio for ceramics and glass in NCAD. Has anyone any examples of a portfolio - i don't know where to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 bazinga1

Hi, it looks like I'm going to be starting NCAD in September. I can't find much info online about NCAD and don't really want to go trawling the internet to find it, so i would find it so helpful if one of ye (if you go to NCAD) would give me some tips or any insights/info into life at NCAD - basically anything and everything you can tell me! (Maybe socs, student life, events, core year, lecturers etc) if you read this thank you so much, and if you reply thank you even more. You can comment here or PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bazinga1

You need to do art OR History in Leaving cert to get into NCAD. But I would advise art, because well you know, to gear you (however slightly) for art college. If you want to go to NCAD you have to be dedicated at art and compromise, and you have to ask yourself are you good enough to get in and sustain yourself with art as a profession

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jadzia

Hi everyone !
    anyone here that starts first year on the 21st september ?? :D
    anyone know anything about holidays and days off??
    do we get halloween break ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alphabet

Has anybody attended the Drawing & Painting evening class in NCAD?

Would like to hear if you found it to be a good course, am thinking of signing up.

Or if anyone has attended any other beginners drawing courses that they would recommend I would like to hear about them (in Dublin and in the evening).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Charles Daarrwin

Hey
    I am looking to see if any ncad artists would be interested in painting a mural or a painting on a two walls in my home
    They are approx 25ft x 7ft each

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Charles Daarrwin

Any ncad students doing photography willing to do family photos?

Advertisement