Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Dixie is full of bs. If he was telling the truth he would not be able to resist posting a pic of it. Even if he does so now I will have serious doubts about its authenticity. Just ignore is prob the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

klose wrote: »
    Whats the story with that hodzic chap anyways? His name dosent come up on the lfc website when you search, do the club have him under contract?

He is on loan as he needs to secure a work permit for the EU and UK, as things stand his best chance is to get a place in the Bosnia-Herzegovina World Cup squad this summer. He is effectively their third striker at the moment. As the top Bosnian scorer in the domestic game I'm hoping has done enough to play in Brazil (or at least sit on the bench!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ah here i'll post my bet if ye all stfu about it!

bet.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    He is on loan as he needs to secure a work permit for the EU and UK, as things stand his best chance is to get a place in the Bosnia-Herzegovina World Cup squad this summer. He is effectively their third striker at the moment. As the top Bosnian scorer in the domestic game I'm hoping has done enough to play in Brazil (or at least sit on the bench!)

Interesting, think united had the same issue with the da silva twins iirc.

It appears teixiera is really knocking on the door, has travelled again with the squad, weather he makes the bench (probably wont) remains to be seen but is good to see all the same.

305792.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Dixie is full of bs. If he was telling the truth he would not be able to resist posting a pic of it. Even if he does so now I will have serious doubts about its authenticity. Just ignore is prob the best option.

Well I have given him numerous options to resolve the issue. Which ever he choses will not bother me in the least.

I just got tired of posters sh1te and congratulating themselves on how clever they are after a poor result by Liverpool. And then have nothing to back it up.

And then they say we are the worst fans in the world:-).

Tbh, I agree with you on the absence of a bet.

Anyways, 3 hours to ko.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

5live wrote: »
    Well I have given him numerous options to resolve the issue. Which ever he choses will not bother me in the least.

I just got tired of posters sh1te and congratulating themselves on how clever they are after a poor result by Liverpool. And then have nothing to back it up.

Anyways, 3 hours to ko.

How decent of you.

Whats the big deal?

He had a 300 quid bet. Who cares? If he stated he put down 30k I might be a bit sceptical but that's not the case.

Whilst 300 may sound like a big bet to some people, to others it's not. It's all relative.

Anyway, stop worrying yourself over some random guy on the internet who may have or may not of had a bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,982 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

billy2012 wrote: »
    How decent of you.

Whats the big deal?

He had a 300 quid bet. Who cares? If he stated he put down 30k I might be a bit sceptical but that's not the case.

Whilst 300 may sound like a big bet to some people, to others it's not. It's all relative.

Anyway, stop worrying yourself over some random guy on the internet who may have or may not of had a bet.

I think the answer to most of the above is because it's hilarious. The whole situation is just hilarious! It's definitely one of my favourite "superthread-subplots" for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Tough game and a huge challenge for Liverpool tonight.

Palace are a home side that will set up like an away team which doesn't help.

Then if the mentality was ever going to be a problem, it'd be tonight where they actually could be out of the running if they lose.

I do think BR will get them focused though, he's excellent at that. But forget the talk of big wins, any win here is massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oh but it does.

You swan in, dick swinging, telling us that Gerrard, probably the best players in our club in the last 20, winner of multiple trophies has won nothing.

Then you prattle on about this majestic bet you laid on Man City winning you E700 if they win the league but you can't show it online coz you don't know how to show the proof. Cue 2 posters showing you how to post the bet and you disappear.

As i said before, i couldn't give a fiddlers about betting but you made the claim on thread so you can post the bet on thread. If you made the claim by PM or e-mail then that's where it would stay.

It goes to credibility. Is there a bet or not?

If there is then fair play, all you have to do is post it, withdraw the silly remark about Gerrard and i will apologise for busting your balls about the whole affair and forget it, no harm done.

If there isn't a bet then say so and be done with this lark, we put it down to a moment of madness and move on.

But to remain claiming to have a bet that doesn't exist is just stupid and pointless and childish. 'Fess up and be done with it.

Anyways, 3 hours to ko.

Getting a bit stalkerish there Chief.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yea i would take any win, always was the game in the run in i have been fearful of!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Think we will do well Against palace. Gonna go with 2-1.

Lets do it for the neutrals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Think we will do well Against palace. Gonna go with 2-1.

Lets do it for the neutrals.

All 4 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

For the first time if we score, our goals won't feel as crucial tonight. They'll be crucial if they end up making a difference, GD wise, or if City drop points, of course, so maybe I'm being a bit too gloomy about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Grayditch wrote: »
    For the first time if we score, our goals won't feel as crucial tonight. They'll be crucial if they end up making a difference, GD wise, or if City drop points, of course, so maybe I'm being a bit too gloomy about it.

They'll still be crucial if we want to win.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    They'll still be crucial if we want to win.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I foresee an *ahem cough cough* 'earned' penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,885 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lads what's the biggest win/lose in PL history I remember Spurs winning 9-0 a few seasons ago.

I really can't see us coming anywhere near that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it just me pessimistic nature or does Cameron Jerome usually play well against us?

Lads what's the biggest win/lose in PL history I remember Spurs winning 9-0 a few seasons ago.

I really can't see us coming anywhere near that to be honest.

United - Ipswich 9-0 in 95.

Spurs one was 9-1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

gosplan wrote: »
    I foresee an *ahem cough cough* 'earned' penalty

That'll go nicely with the other 96 goals scored from the penalty spot this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Spurs one was 9-1.

I'd take a 1-0 win now Tony Pulis teams don't get hammered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

Spurs one was 9-1.

Indeed. And all scorelines of a similar nature prior to the establishment of the PL simply never happened.

amber69 wrote: »
    I'd take a 1-0 win now Tony Pulis teams don't get hammered

Taking any win from a Pulis side at home is rough business, alright.

Crystal Pulis.

How did I not think of that before? Loads probably did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Arsenal must be top of the league again. Fans popping up everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,539 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I like how Rodgers is trying to put pressure on City by saying it's not over etc but to say Liverpool can overturn the goal difference is stretching it.

City 9 ahead at the moment and if they win both games then that will become at least 11. We'd need to win both games by at least 6-0 to have a chance.

No doubt some posters here backed that at the start of the season.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Turtyturd wrote: »

Nah they won 4th place again this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,539 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

amber69 wrote: »
    Nah they won 4th place again this weekend

mmm....they were guaranteed top 3 at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Take 1-0 right now.

Very tough match tonight.

The talk of a big win is laughable against palace at home. They are very strong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

sturridge starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

No Lil Phil in the starting line-up???

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Lucas ahead of Coutinho is strange.

Just saw a lad that looks the spit of Gerrard wearing a West Ham jacket.

Is that a sign? Do I need sleep?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

When I was little I used to think that the Crystal Maze was filmed in Crystal Palace's stadium.

Coutinho has struggled in some away games and might struggle with the physicality. Id expect him to come on for lucas at some point anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

My bets gone in to 226/1 - Its gonna happen!!!!!

Does anyone else find it annoying with putting 3 defenders on the bench? Put a young attacker on instead imo, never gonna use all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Always hate the hype Sky create before games, it always fails to excite me and I just never see the point of all the graphics and hyped music etc..

CMON LIVERPOOL, YESSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The amount of single magpies that I've seen this weekend has me worried.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Turtyturd wrote: »

No they just scraped in their usual 4th spot. They now look forward to next season and bottling it sometime in January
    Rinse, repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Super-Rush wrote: »

I would only worry about magpies after this game tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

I would only worry about magpies after this game tbh.

Ba dum tssshhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Lucas ahead of Coutinho is strange.

He was awful v Chelsea, glad he's dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Very open and no sign of a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We really cant be conceding more than a goal a game next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

8-10 wrote: »
    He was awful v Chelsea, glad he's dropped

He's got a slight injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I had a dream last night that I was working in a factory and the boss was Brendan Rodgers. He came over to me and whispered into my ear. He gave me two scorelines: 1-0 and 3-0 but when I asked him "To who, Liverpool?" he just smiled at me and walked away. I woke up then. Hmmm could maybe be a sign??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I was working in a factory and the boss was Brendan Rodgers. He came over to me and whispered into my ear. He gave me two scorelines: 1-0 and 3-0 but when I asked him "To who, Liverpool?" he just smiled at me and walked away. I woke up then. Hmmm could maybe be a sign??

A sign that it'll be 13-0 hopefully. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super-Rush wrote: »

You should set up a magpie dating agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone hoping we bid for Ochoa this summer? Preferably before the World Cup (though I don't think he's first choice?)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement