Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zero tolerance policing.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭el pasco

People are jailed for not paying a tv licence yet there are very very serious allegations of Garda abuse and criminal activities and yet not one single Garda has been arrested or jailed

el pasco wrote: »
    People are jailed for not paying a tv licence yet there are very very serious allegations of Garda abuse and criminal activities and yet not one single Garda has been arrested or jailed

They are only allegations at the moment. Let the investigations happen then comment. Plenty of Gardaí have been convicted and jailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

el pasco wrote: »

Name one person that has spent a night in jail for not paying a tv licence. They get booted out in a matter of hours. Your whole knowledge of the situation seems to be based off the comment section of the Journal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

foreign wrote: »
    They are only allegations at the moment. Let the investigations happen then comment. Plenty of Gardaí have been convicted and jailed.
    Let the Gardai investigations of the Gardai continue. I'm sure we'll have a fair outcome. :D

Name one person that has spent a night in jail for not paying a tv licence. They get booted out in a matter of hours. Your whole knowledge of the situation seems to be based off the comment section of the Journal.
    Name them? LOL. Maybe AGS can look up their names, but how would a citizen?
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/411-people-jailed-last-year-for-not-paying-their-tv-licence-30235625.html
    A spokesperson from the Irish Prison Service said that people who are convicted of not paying their television licence usually serve anywhere between a couple of hours and a couple of days in jail.

• Advertisement

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Name them? LOL. Maybe AGS can look up their names, but how would a citizen?
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/411-people-jailed-last-year-for-not-paying-their-tv-licence-30235625.html

Right so you can't name even one that has spent a night.

ANd you've conveniently ignored my post highlighting the reduction of Garda numbers by 15%. But I guess that's just your way.

Right so you can't name even one that has spent a night.

ANd you've conveniently ignored my post highlighting the reduction of Garda numbers by 15%. But I guess that's just your way.
    TBH your question is moronic. Why do I have to individually name people who have been jailed for not paying their TV license when we have an actual number of them to destroy your assertion that nobody at all does? If you know every one of their names will the number change?
    And after telling me three times to search for information to support YOUR theories the best you could actually find yourself was one remark from the Gardai and one statement from Gerry Adams about Louth Garda numbers?
    What about these 2000 civilians now working for AGS? That's more that 15% of the force, even if you could find any real stats to back that drop up. (which I'm guessing at this stage you can't, which is why you're begging me to do it.)
    Crime rates are falling in Ireland anyway. Not that there's any evidence there's a connection to AGS numbers mind you.

TBH your question is moronic. Why do I have to individually name people who have been jailed for not paying their TV license when we have an actual number of them to destroy your assertion that nobody at all does? If you know every one of their names will the number change?

I asked you to name one person who has spent the night in jail. There's no doubt people are sent to jail but they don't stay there. They get given their bus fare and sent home. No waste of prison space.
    And after telling me three times to search for information to support YOUR theories the best you could actually find yourself was one remark from the Gardai and one statement from Gerry Adams about Louth Garda numbers?
    What about these 2000 civilians now working for AGS? That's more that 15% of the force, even if you could find any real stats to back that drop up. (which I'm guessing at this stage you can't, which is why you're begging me to do it.)

What do you want? a head count? So you think Garda numbers should include non-Gardaí? Are you for real? Actually don't bother. I'm done with your trolling now. Believe what you want.

I asked you to name one person who has spent the night in jail. There's no doubt people are sent to jail but they don't stay there. They get given their bus fare and sent home. No waste of prison space.

What do you want? a head count? So you think Garda numbers should include non-Gardaí? Are you for real? Actually don't bother. I'm done with your trolling now. Believe what you want.
    Hey, why don't you name all the Gardai in Ireland and I'll believe you.
    That's about as useful a question as you wanting me to name all the people who have been jailed over TV licenses.
    Will I quote it again?
    A spokesperson from the Irish Prison Service said that people who are convicted of not paying their television licence usually serve anywhere between a couple of hours and a couple of days in jail.
    Which part of "a couple of days" has you utterly confused?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Hey, why don't you name all the Gardai in Ireland and I'll believe you.
    That's about as useful a question as you wanting me to name all the people who have been jailed over TV licenses.
    Will I quote it again?

Which part of "a couple of days" has you utterly confused?

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Come back when you stop pushing your fingers firmly into your ears and shouting lalala as loud as you can. Maybe then, an actual discussion can be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

bravestar wrote: »
    Maybe then, an actual discussion can be had.

A discussion? With Dan_Solo? It would be like discussing thermo-nuclear physics with a cat.

bravestar wrote: »
    Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Come back when you stop pushing your fingers firmly into your ears and shouting lalala as loud as you can. Maybe then, an actual discussion can be had.
    Translation: I am incapable of answering that.
    The honesty is appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

A discussion? With Dan_Solo? It would be like discussing thermo-nuclear physics with a cat.

Exactly what this thread feels like and to illustrate that for anyone who couldn't be bothered reading it...

http://youtu.be/qY1g9oO3SLQ

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This thread has been temporarily closed due to a number of complaints received, and to enable a fair and impartial investigation of said complaints.

In order for the investigation to be as impartial as possible, I will be conducting the investigation, as the other 2 Moderators are both members of AGS and obvious allegations of favouritism could be levelled at either Mod if the investigation findings are wholly in favour of AGS.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement