Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

giggle84 wrote: »
    Drugs are dangerous and illegal. Driving a car is not. There is absolutely no sensible, rational argument for putting illegal drugs into your body. So in my opinion, if you make the selfish, conscious decision to take illegal drugs and are injured or die as a result, it is your own fault and no one else's, and I have no sympathy for you. My deepest sympathies will be with your family and anyone else affected, but not with you.

Can you link one death caused by cannibas?

How about that flu vaccine, wasn't that a legal drug?:eek: Narcolepsy for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Paracore wrote: »
    Would you see anything like this at a concert in Galway or Cork? I sincerely doubt it.

The scum of Dublin showing their true colours once again, these are the guys we should be packing off to foreign shores, not our talented young professionals.

Cork has plenty of scumbags who would be only too happy to run riot
    People were bussed from all over the country to the gig. I wouldn't say the fights and drug taking were the exclusive reserve of Dubliners.

As to Galway do a quick search of YouTube for rag week activities and you'll see some scummy carry on.

Even if it was just Dublin scumbags acting up what can we do about it ? This is a problem for society as a whole. We should be able to go to a concert or public event without fear of attack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

anyway...anyone got a link to all the mental photos taken around the park on sat night??? can't find any

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Paracore wrote: »
    Would you see anything like this at a concert in Galway or Cork? I sincerely doubt it.

The scum of Dublin showing their true colours once again, these are the guys we should be packing off to foreign shores, not our talented young professionals.

Dublin has a much higher population and % of young people than anywhere else in the country. Anyway, I think this is a poor generalisation of Dublin people, but its expected in a thread like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

alisirish wrote: »
    Was at the gig myself sat....had a real great day and never felt in any danger or anything whatsoever....quite the oppoiste it was an amazing day lots of dancing singing drinking and yes some people on drugs ....there was a great atmosphere and great banter were i was....there has been a real over the top reaction to it....it wasn't hell on earth or a bloodbath as people are making out....proberly people who were not even there

Granted some people got stabbed and it should not happen.....but people get stabbed every bloddy weekend in this country why are people so shocked it happened at a concert rather than a street corner.....how many other people around the country were stabbed over the weekend i wonder?....im not saying bad things didn't happen at the concert they did....but alot worse things happen in every city in this country every weekend so i dont understand peoples fuss over this one concert....sat was a great day and im sure most people who went would say the exact same....wish it would stop being protrayed as something it wasn't.

This has been a party political broadcast on behalf of the MCD party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

Did anyone see a bunch of teens singing from a balcony in temple bar the night of the swedish house mafia concert?

Was at the gig myself sat....had a real great day and never felt in any danger or anything whatsoever....quite the oppoiste it was an amazing day lots of dancing singing drinking and yes some people on drugs ....there was a great atmosphere and great banter were i was....there has been a real over the top reaction to it....it wasn't hell on earth or a bloodbath as people are making out....proberly people who were not even there

Granted some people got stabbed and it should not happen.....but people get stabbed every bloddy weekend in this country why are people so shocked it happened at a concert rather than a street corner.....how many other people around the country were stabbed over the weekend i wonder?....im not saying bad things didn't happen at the concert they did....but alot worse things happen in every city in this country every weekend so i dont understand peoples fuss over this one concert....sat was a great day and im sure most people who went would say the exact same....wish it would stop being protrayed as something it wasn't.

So there was no trouble in the VIP area Denis?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Boombastic wrote: »
    Can you link one death caused by cannibas?

There are hundreds of death that are directly linked to cannabis.

You buy it from a dealer, that dealer uses the money to buy more illegal drugs and weapons. Other drug dealers want to make money so they kill each other for control, money and power. The money that is paid for cannabis contributes to people dying. If you think otherwise you are wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

neil_hosey wrote: »
    oh shut the fúck up with that crap will ye? fúcking idiot... yes no one has ever been stabbed in ireland... especially not in LIMERICK...

Can you please highlight in what part of my post I mentioned Limerick? Oh yeah that's right I didn't. Idiot indeed...

You buy it from a dealer, that dealer uses the money to buy more illegal drugs and weapons. Other drug dealers want to make money so they kill each other for control, money and power. The money that is paid for cannabis contributes to people dying. If you think otherwise you are wrong.

Directly - effect on the body

Indirectly - Laws which prohibit its use, which gives dealers powers

• Advertisement

Directly?
    As in a direct bus A to B.......... no changing buses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

you can spell atmosphere but not bloody...?

hmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Golf4GolfGti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp3ms6wsYLI

Take a look at that video, oh yes looks so inviting! How dare you try and play down what has happened...
    If I was in this atmosphere I would be sh##ting myself. Scumbags mad off their faces with knives.... guess you're lucky you were nowhere near the vicinity of the stabbings. Hope these filthbags who are arrested do serious time, but thats not gonna happen because the justice system in this country is an absolute joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I am pie wrote: »
    That is some top quality investigative journalism right there.

im just saying what i heard on the radio that there was a lot of drink and drug taking,a few people od'd on that night aswell..

i have a cousin who works as a teacher,she is in her 20's and says the disrespect and slurring name calling and general attitude towards adult teachers is shocking,all on their iphones listening to pop songs,and chewing gum,she said there a lot more shallow now,its all media,and just rubbish,even in her day as a pupil the late 90's early 00's,there wasnt half the amount of disrespect there is now she said.Shes only on an internship there but she sees what its like there now.She said the uk apparently was worse,and shes looking for paid work over there..

Same as an awful lot of stuff made in Italy or that passes through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Good argument for legalisation then, wouldn't you say?

,all on their iphones listening to pop songs,and chewing gum,

Why do you talk like someone from a black and white movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

im just saying what i heard on the radio that there was a lot of drink and drug taking,a few people od'd on that night aswell..
    Plenty of drug-taking and drinking at the Stone Roses gig on Thursday too, yet no arrests.

So your point is?

Cannabis is a fairly harmless drug,and there is no social reprecussions from it,it doesnt make you aggressive or want to kill people..Some of the head shop stuff is supposed to make you real aggro,and mixing cocaine and alcohol with other drugs means youre off youre head.
    Gone are the days when smoking hash and popping a bit of e was supposed to make you happy out..

i have a cousin who works as a teacher,she is in her 20's and says the disrespect and slurring name calling and general attitude towards adult teachers is shocking,all on their iphones listening to pop songs,and chewing gum,she said there a lot more shallow now,its all media,and just rubbish,even in her day as a pupil the late 90's early 00's,there wasnt half the amount of disrespect there is now she said.Shes only on an internship there but she sees what its like there now.She said the uk apparently was worse,and shes looking for paid work over there..

Do they treat the child teachers any better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

mikom wrote: »
    Directly?
    As in a direct bus A to B.......... no changing buses.

If people stopped putting money into criminal gangs, deaths would fall off.
    MadsL wrote: »
    Good argument for legalisation then, wouldn't you say?

Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

This could have been so easily avoided by just not allowing anyone wearing tracksuits pants entry to the concert.

Great night though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alisirish

Boombastic wrote: »
    So there was no trouble in the VIP area Denis?

haha...im just telling you as it was from someone who was actually there....40,000 plus people who went would say the same...one lunatic goes nutes with a knife and a few minor scuffles and suddenly the whole event is WW3...it would just be nice to see some acurate reporting in this country for once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You must be the only person in the country who thinks this was normal behaviour at a concert.
    One person getting stabbed is terrible but nine is outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

Laneyh wrote: »
    Cork has plenty of scumbags who would be only too happy to run riot
    People were bussed from all over the country to the gig. I wouldn't say the fights and drug taking were the exclusive reserve of Dubliners.

As to Galway do a quick search of YouTube for rag week activities and you'll see some scummy carry on.

Even if it was just Dublin scumbags acting up what can we do about it ? This is a problem for society as a whole. We should be able to go to a concert or public event without fear of attack

I was at the concert. All the scum was from Dublin. I think concerts need to start acting a bit like nightclubs and refusing entry to people who look like they are out to cause trouble, regardless as to whether they have a ticket or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You're either a promoter or a perpetrator? But one thing for sure, you're talking crap.

If people stopped putting money into criminal gangs, deaths would fall off.

So not directly then.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Plenty of drug-taking and drinking at the Stone Roses gig on Thursday too, yet no arrests.

So your point is?

In fairness the stone roses gig would attract a different kind of crowd or clientele,for a lot of pop,rave and rap it would be younger people or scobes all full of energy looking to pop someones head off or get as wrecked off their heads as much as possible.I notice with raves and pop and rap,its all amphetamines or head shop gear you never even heard of,and getting as wrecked as they can and packing down alocpops and vodka on top of it,i mean whats that a recipie for?

one lunatic goes nutes with a knife

NPK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is swedish house mafia getting a bad rap unfairly maybe the people that caused the trouble were going to see skrillex or calvin harris?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement