Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refrigerate After Purchase

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Dammit I'd love a nice boiled egg now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

gowley wrote: »
    try putting an egg between your legs rather than hot water

Or even better....a willy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I'm astounded by the lack of egg puns itt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sky King wrote: »
    I'm astounded by the lack of egg puns itt.
    You're not yolking.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

donvito99 wrote: »
    I shove eggs up my arse for storage

i always wondered how cadbury's made those chocolate eggs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭miggins

Senna wrote: »
    We went on holidays one year and forgot about the dozen eggs sitting in the cupboard, came home and the kitchen was full for new born chicks running around.

That never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it real eggs the op is talking about or those artificial ones,they last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I keep them in the fridge for handiness, but yeah, eggs don't need to be kept there, and eggs last a couple of months easy.

Shop bought eggs are horrible, I get free range from family ^_^, yums

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

Sky King wrote: »

Anyway the best before data on the eggs is a load of cack, to test if an egg is gone off place it in a cup of water, gone off eggs float, good ones sink.

This also helps tell you if the egg contains a Witch or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If you've ever worked in a supermarket you'd know the rotation they do, it's definitely changed daily. If you want to experiment buy some tomorrow and leave them on a shelf for a week.

I've worked in shops before, they don't change them daily, they change them when they sell out, or go out of date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

theidiots wrote: »
    People do know the eggs you get are the hens period and the egg cannot be fertilized unless the hen got rode by a Rooster before the eggs are layed.

Eggs just stay much fresher in the fridge is the only reason they say this

This has made me laugh a lot on a Saturday morning! Poetic language!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

SamHall wrote: »
    You know that seal that surrounds the fridge door?

That makes it air tight you know.

wouldn't opening the door break the seal though? Not sure,please delete if not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Lump wrote: »
    I've worked in shops before, they don't change them daily, they change them when they sell out, or go out of date.

they don't sell eggs in Anne Sumers dmo they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Even worse is the fact that I'm sitting here reading your advice slurping tea with a hot water shoved between my legs and nodding my head in agreement. At least you're adding to the debate!

So you're getting hot between the legs reading about eggs?

That's too easy (the bad joke. Not you)

Eggs and ketchup both in tbe fridge obviously.

I keep nearly everything in fridge that's on the shelf in the supermarket. All veg is on the shelf for instance and all that goes in tbe fridge once it's gets home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

how to confuse someone. start a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

You know how hens sit on eggs to keep them warm? Why do you think they do that?

Wait, you buy fertilised eggs? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

My god, sense of humour and sarcasm detectors must be hard to come by on Friday nights in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Eggs shouldn't be kept in the fridge, they should be at room temperature for cooking with. Even in way hotter countries than ours (France for example), eggs are never refrigerated. It's just some stupid thing people have started doing recently.

Well, true, but as someone said earlier, refrigeration is good for someone who wants them to last a bit longer. Handy if you don't eat eggs too often. Never a problem for me personally. :cool: Room temp eggs are less likely to crack when boiling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

corktina wrote: »
    wouldn't opening the door break the seal though? Not sure,please delete if not true
    Does that mean you then have to keep that fridge inside another?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The ones from Tesco have a notice on the box that says 'Allergy advice: contains egg'.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

How does it work when the door is open? :confused:

There's a little switch inside the fridge that activates a vacuum pump when you close the door. It also turns the light off.

Advertisement