Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Veloce wrote: »
    Anybody on here have a 2007 3 Series Coupe? (320i or 320d) I have always wondered what the handling is like on these chassis? Sluggish or tight?

I bought a 320i coupe last month, had an e46 318i before that, and in my mind the e46 had better handling.

The e92 is a rougher ride also with the run flats, it's hard to get used to.

Have you been looking at some?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

The QP looks awesome in the flesh is one around galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Also need to get the DA polisher out

Not used it yet? Just be patient with it, once you get the hang of it and get the hang of how it cuts and how to operate it, you'll get faster at doing the correction. It will be a bit frustrating when you first start. You'll think you should have a good bit done but when you wipe off the polish you'll find you haven't done that much.

Trust me, just be patient ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Don't get me wrong, they look great there, but that's awesome photography and photoshop work to bring out the best of the car in studio setting.

Tell me it looks just as good now, with a probably camera phone picture, no messing, and in an actual daily use environment

Maserati-quattroporte-gts_1280x853.jpg

LOL :D ^ that's supposed to be a proper professional photo!

Coconut photography ain't no bounty bar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not used it yet? Just be patient with it, once you get the hang of it and get the hang of how it cuts and how to operate it, you'll get faster at doing the correction. It will be a bit frustrating when you first start. You'll think you should have a good bit done but when you wipe off the polish you'll find you haven't done that much.

Trust me, just be patient ;)

Was away the last part of last week, and the weather was so crap I didn't bother.Next week perhaps, bit busy at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My car is getting a massive clean and wax this evening, its hoing to be parked at the office for the next two weeks so better protect it :)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its a 4 door italian sports coupe that has a Ferrari V8 and hand stitched leather interior. Yes I think it looks brilliant far better than some in your face AMG yoke.

I wouldn't be a big fan of AMG/Brabus in fairness, they too churn out ugly crap on a regular basis. The one thing I do like about certain AMG cars though is that menacing look they have.

Lamborghini, Pagani, Mclaren are all producing beautiful cars.

And on the ferrari thing - put a maserati and a ferrari california side by side and play spot the difference

Was away the last part of last week, and the weather was so crap I didn't bother.Next week perhaps, bit busy at the moment.

If you have a question, PM me. I've been getting on very well with mine. I've about 30% of my car done already :D

If you have a question, PM me. I've been getting on very well with mine. I've about 30% of my car done already :D

Insurance is first on the agenda, then tax...maybe :pac:

• Advertisement

Insurance is first on the agenda, then tax...maybe :pac:

I've tax next month too :( Thankfully I've finished paying off my car loan and insurance is in December. After tax, it's time to pay off my credit card and go mad buying stuff with it :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've tax next month too :( Thankfully I've finished paying off my car loan and insurance is in December. After tax, it's time to pay off my credit card and go mad buying stuff with it :D

Sure your tax is nothin:P

Sure your tax is nothin:P

True! It's only €925 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

True! It's only €925 :rolleyes:

:(

it hurts

it hurts

Chin up dude, you'll be facing worse! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mine is up soon, 400 for 3 months :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

2 more on the list after my drive home...change my radio back & find and get rid of the squeak from the engine. It never ends!

But i wouldn't change her :D

That's the only problem with going away, what to do with my teg :(
    Money for going away or stick it out & keep the track car search going?!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Snap, gearbox oil,diff oil and spark plugs to be done soon for me.The gearbox oil can be done without a pump, we managed it a few weeks ago on another s2000. My insurance is also due within 3 weeks, didn't think much of the renewal price I was given and I've never bothered to put back on my heatshield as the previous owner removed it. (Good old Honda's)

Also need to get the DA polisher out and put the new spoiler on aswell, may find the time soon. :)

Might be a silly question but how did you manage it without the pump? Thinking ill probably just remove the heatshield for now.

Jemmy wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but how did you manage it without the pump? Thinking ill probably just remove the heatshield for now.

A funnel,some plastic tubing and somebody who knew what they were doing!

it hurts

Only for a little while ;)
    Chin up dude, you'll be facing worse! :p

Yeah the R35 GT-R will be €1600 or so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey again lads!!! Which ever mod took ban off - thank you!

Anyway, motor related: my skyline went in donedeal tonight and fella is coming to have a look at it tommorow. I have mixed feeling, sort of happy and sad at the same time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Anyway, motor related: my skyline went in donedeal tonight and fella is coming to have a look at it tommorow. I have mixed feeling, sort of happy and sad at the same time :(

I understand your pain:(

When my friend took it from my home in to garage I almost cried. Watching it go away was painfull to watch. Now I look at the spot where it was and it looks so empty now. :(

No chance it will come back too. If it won't be sold as it is, then it will be broken apart and sold. I really would hate to see it happen as I would love to know it is still raring on roads :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Would ye not tell the wives to feck off?

It's hard to sell a performance car when it's being replaced with something 'normal'

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Would ye not tell the wives to feck off?

It's hard to sell a performance car when it's being replaced with something 'normal'

To be fair, I certainly couldn't blame her for making me sell mine.

Its strange, when you've had modified/show/performance cars for years, it's almost refreshing to have a normal car that you don't panic about getting dirty, speed ramps, stone chips etc etc

BTW, anyone watching Ireland's worst roads on tv3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

BTW, anyone watching Ireland's worst roads on tv3?

Blue Bloods is on.. Feck. It will be up on 3player soon enough I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Transmission starts to slip (flare), there is a low "boom" from the tranny, and a "bing" from the dash.
    Transmission locks in "limp" mode - 3rd gear so you can "limp" home or to your nearest dealer.
    Message on Dash "TRANS PROGRAM - Consult Owners handbook".
    NOTE: This only happens once the car has warmed up - usually after 15-30 minutes of good driving.

Ah but this is from cold, in 3rd an aggressively goes into reverse...

Anyone know a common cause?

If all else fails, we might be saying hello to a manual 525i in the future.... :D

To be fair, I certainly couldn't blame her for making me mine.

Its strange, when you've had modified/show/performance cars for years, as I have, it's almost refreshing to have a normal car that you don't panic about getting dirty, speed ramps, stone chips etc etc

I actually loved my being ruff, if that makes any sence. My front bumper was quit bad shape with chips and cracks in it. I put a sticker on it "every now and them I fall apart". It looked quite funny ( for me ), got good few smiles at lights or petrol station too.

As much as I don't want to air, she is right. I just can't justify spending so much on car. We are planing to get back I to buying house again ( failed twice last year, thanks to time wasting sellers ). So every penny counts. After its sold I will be able to find something sensible. There is nothing worse to drive to work in 500eu mondeo knowing you got a 400hp monster sitting idle. I will try to get some middle ground now.

Edit: sorry, damn iPhone spellchecker is worse then grammar nazi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

dgt wrote: »
    Ah but this is from cold, in 3rd an aggressively goes into reverse...

Anyone know a common cause?

If all else fails, we might be saying hello to a manual 525i in the future.... :D

Thats what I got off google. Its all japanise to me. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement