Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington bullets

Options
  • 23-11-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am having difficulty sourcing remington 243 corelokt 100grain bullets.
    Does anyone know where they can be found.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

That's a new on on me - I didn't know that Remington made bullets, only ready-to-shoot factory ammunition. I assume that you are a reloader in the north?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Just a quick check with my usual dealers on their website and they have it links below. But as Tac said if its not ammunition but bullet heads you are after I have no idea.
    http://www.mcbrides.ie/product/243-100g-pcore-lokt-sp/
    http://www.shoot.ie/ammunition-1/remington-core-lokt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

This forum is for the professional, the beginner and everyone in between. If grammar nazism is forbidden then I suggest this level of pedantic know-it-all-ism should be treated the same way.

For what it's worth I have found Remington ammunition to be very inconsistent but the last time I bought some I got it in Top Gun in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 deleon

tac foley wrote: »
    That's a new on on me - I didn't know that Remington made bullets, only ready-to-shoot factory ammunition. I assume that you are a reloader in the north?

tac
    t

Sorry if I was misunderstood ,
    It is Remington factory ammunition I am looking for.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Ah, right. I've just done a search on Remington Core-Lokt bullets - it seems that you CAN actually buy them - where permitted - as components. I'll hold my hands up to being iggerunt about them as I don't shoot game of any kind, or vermin either, being an unapologetic paper-puncher.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Having been on the receiving end of such overly pedantic, and in the end, ignorant treatment i won't tolerate the belittling of people for the wrong use of terminology.

If you're not sure what the OP is referring to, then ask, don't be a dick. Its the first rule of the site and the forum.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

I used to use them when I had a 243 I always got them from Paul o halloran in drangan and i was up there last week and he still has them available if it's 243 ur after they're price at €23.50 per box of 20 hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 26 deleon

ecr wrote: »
    I used to use them when I had a 243 I always got them from Paul o halloran in drangan and i was up there last week and he still has them available if it's 243 ur after they're price at €23.50 per box of 20 hope this helps

Thanks,
    I don't know where he is,
    Do you have contact details for him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

deleon wrote: »
    Do you have contact details for him

Click here for a full list of all firearm dealers and their contact details.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement