Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

its a terrible program but ill prob watch it again for the cringe factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

And increase the ratings for the show? Good thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭chiefbrody1974

I have to say I watched this thing last nite, didn't know what it was until it the break. What a load of bollix, to agree with the vocal majority (large majority). Dat VOGUE one must have changed her name by D-Poll, C'mon, a model with a name called VOGUE??? Do you think her parents sat in the hospital and thought, we'll call her vogue because she's going to be a fabulously profound, beautiful and successful model, or an X-Men superhero. Your bullets are no match for my Transsexual powers, BAM!! She's a very hot shemale in fairness, tuck in yer Mickey vogue, the cameras are on!!

The whole program illustrates what's wrong with this country, people who want to be American so bad, they'll even practice at being stupid, LOIKE!!! Remember the oulone in the "trendy wine bar"? at one stage she said, and I quote, "you're kidding, shut up!!. Where's stewie griffin when you need him eh!! and yer man from MCD, you're hours are 9-6 but you'll be working 10-12 hours 7 days a week???? and 84 hour week?? what is she, POLISH!!!! I thought dickheads like this only exploited foreign workers, if it's actually real, WINK WINK!!! and she thought he was gorgeous??? get your eyes tested love!!

The whole program was summed up perfectly with an unintentional remark by the tattoo lad from the country. when they were talking about being VIP's at oxygen, he said "Helloooo, do you know who I think I am" classic, that says it all!! I expect this tripe from TV3!!
    The scary part is, somewhere out there, people do aspire to this, emulating the poxy pseudo American accent, people who think to look cool is to carry your overpriced mobile in one hand and a HUGE Starbucks in the other, handbag on the elbow joint!

I'm done, rant over!! I expect a lot of flack maybe for this, but not too much considering the general put downs I have enjoyed reading so FAR!! Dont get me wrong, I always give credit where it's due, sadly not here!!:D

Renn wrote: »
    And increase the ratings for the show? Good thinking!

i know :(

People -

You all know that in all likelihood that not a single thing you see on that show is real. It's probably all scripted just like the other bastard shows it's based on - Jersey Shore, The Hills.

Even if you watch it just to give out about it, or for the cringe factor means it's going to be a success and we'll have countless more seasons of it.

Just turn off your TV and read a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lol its embarrisingly funny to watch!
    Vogue was a nice girl years ago, used to sell her runners when she was 16 or so. She always had a deep voice too lol.

Again as i have said before, you watched the first one, if you dont like it, DONT WATCH IT ANYMORE and get over it!

As of me, i will be watching it next thursday, cause, like i can so like relate an all.

PS. lol "Helloooo, do you know who I think I am" best line of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH had to watch this last night. It made my willy die!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

People -

You all know that in all likelihood that not a single thing you see on that show is real. It's probably all scripted just like the other bastard shows it's based on - Jersey Shore, The Hills.

Even if you watch it just to give out about it, or for the cringe factor means it's going to be a success and we'll have countless more seasons of it.

Just turn off your TV and read a book.

Scripted yes, but this is what these people are like. Hardly shocking at this stage tbh.

As for countless more seasons they seemingly have the second one wrapped up already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

I expect this tripe from TV3!!D

The only difference is TV3 can pull off trash pretty well. Their version makes a mockery of idiots, not puts them on a pedestal. RTE are good for one thing, current affairs, which they do excellently. When it comes to TV for 18 to 34 year olds they always manage to fail like a donkey taking law exams. Maybe this is because TV3 and TG4 employ younger people, who know what younger people like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iWilli

Saw 10 minutes, it was about as much fun as a dose of the clap. The only entertaining thing about it was when the Wexford gal arrives in Dublin, they have her coming out of Heuston Station, guess all the colourful characters around Connolly don't fit in with the Hills vibe.

I am glad to see RTE employ the best and brightest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Jesus that was AWFUL!!! It's a complete, 100% rip off of The Hills. Except Irish. Those girls can't be for real can they?! Please tell me they're not real people, I thought most of those Krystal type muppets were gone because their Daddy's money ran out. This may have done well in the boom times because the level of muppets was quite high but not now....what a failure RTE, well done on wasting my licence fee! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Faust1

Fade Street... If we want to watch and listen to a whole bunch if wasters talking ****e and costing us money at the same time, then RTE already have that show on... 'Dail Report'.

This program is even worse than the ill-fated 'Big Bow Wow' from a couple of years back. There should be a help line at the end of it as it makes you wanna slap the 'actors' in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Einstein wrote: »
    fyi that band are probably one of the busiest gigging bands in Ireland at the moment...

They sounded terrible. What are they called?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

joebucks wrote: »
    The face on the D4 bint when the Wexford wan won the coin toss was also priceless.

She had a face on her like someone was dangling a small turd under her nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

A review of it on the RTE website.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1112/blog_tv_tvwatch.html

Except it is not really a review. I think RTE know that people hate this and know it cringe-worthy so they are aiming to take it into the car-crash television and market it as a guilty pleasure. They want it to be the show you hate and moan about, as long as you watch it.

Edit. I have no problem with TV3 making this trash, but most people have a problem that our license fee is going to fund this rubbish by RTE. That is my real problem with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Its shows like this that make everyone hate Dublin.

I didn't catch it, but I presume it depicts girls coming to Dublin to get jobs and picked up by Dublin blokes?

Happens every day. I guess it is reality tv in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Faust1

Ray Foley just spent the last half hour on Today FM giving out about how ****e this programme is!

Faust1 wrote: »
    Ray Foley just spent the last half hour on Today FM giving out about how ****e this programme is!

ha i was just going to post that! ya funny. bit about when the guy knocking at the door..."are u expecting someone.." eh ya its in the script the guy your expecting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Faust1 wrote: »
    I think I just gained a new respect for Mr. Foley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

iWilli wrote: »
    Saw 10 minutes, it was about as much fun as a dose of the clap. The only entertaining thing about it was when the Wexford gal arrives in Dublin, they have her coming out of Heuston Station, guess all the colourful characters around Connolly don't fit in with the Hills vibe.

I am glad to see RTE employ the best and brightest...

Ha, brilliant observation. Didn't cop it at the time.

• Advertisement

I think I just gained a new respect for Mr. Foley

have you never listened to ray foley, its normally just 2 and a half hours of pee taking. always good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

how long do u reckon before its axed??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Paul1979 wrote: »
    how long do u reckon before its axed??
    It's RTE. They'll get a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

The stupidest thing about it has to be the name. They clearly picked it because they think it sounds cool and the street's home to a few trendy pubs. The producers then looked for two complete strangers to plonk there and build a show around. At least, in the Hills and Laguna Beach the people actually had history and lives that interrelated.

The whole thing is shoddy as f*ck, even for trash. Nothin' wrong with a bit of trash but this is lazy beyond belief.

the hills = glamourous babes and locations in LA
    fade street = eh fade street in dublin

that other pile of ****e they made about a load of boggers in a flat in rathmines got axed fairly swiftly, i think more people are givin out about this than that show

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Poor...poor..just really poor stuff. Just "watched" it on You Tube. Terrible TV.

Very hard to watch.

4 hours ago
    "Its like an Irish version of the Wire"

LOL.

Hopefully it will Fade away very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

This makes me embarrassed to be a Dub!

If you look closely in the background you can just about spot a genuine person ;)

Poor...poor..just really poor stuff. Just "watched" it on You Tube. Terrible TV.

Very hard to watch.

4 hours ago
    "Its like an Irish version of the Wire"

LOL.

Hopefully it will Fade away very soon.

No Love Hate was the Irish version of the Wire.An unbelievably ****e version....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I love how they claim that the shows not scripted or set up yet ages ago they were advertising open casting in Kiss magazine. Considering how long it's been since I first heard about it (I mean I still read Kiss at the time) I had hoped it had been cancelled but sadly not. Now I can just hope it's cancelled very very quickly.

Advertisement