Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

D e e wrote: »
    My brother is convinced she wasn't born a she..
    I think it's the voice and the nose.
    The building trade.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

TheBlock wrote: »
    Was pish and I won't be watching it again but then I'm not the target audience being male and over 35. But I don't understand some of the feedback here are we saying this is scripted and therefore the girls are acting and not really like this (therefor the personal stuff is unwarranted) or is this the real deal (wire in folks)? It can't be both can it?

Well it does not have a full script like a soap or film. What it probably does is arrange the schedule of the girls, suggest conversations, edit footage to get the most interesting stuff, allow product placement (mcd and that magazine) and create "internships" which are actually just created for the girls for the tv show. All scenes are manipulated in some way, plus as some poster said earlier, the "script" is copying the format the Hills follows

Is it reality? No
    Do they read from lines? No
    Is it manufactured like any other fictional story? Yes

Hate to be that girl from Wexford's boyfriend. Watching a stereotypical dickhead getting stuck into your bird and even worse, her going for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Well it does not have a full script like a soap or film. What it probably does is arrange the schedule of the girls, suggest conversations, edit footage to get the most interesting stuff, allow product placement (mcd and that magazine) and create "internships" which are actually just created for the girls for the tv show. All scenes are manipulated in some way, plus as some poster said earlier, the "script" is copying the format the Hills follows

Is it reality? No
    Do they read from lines? No
    Is it manufactured like any other fictional story? Yes

So the personals are unwarranted then yeah?? I'd like to think people weren't like this in real life, no one I knew when in my 20's was but maybe I'm fom a different demographic. I mean if this is the future we're rightly ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

TheBlock wrote: »
    So the personals are unwarranted then yeah?? I'd like to think people weren't like this in real life, no one I knew when in my 20's was but maybe I'm fom a different demographic. I mean if this is the future we're rightly ****ed.

Na, they put themselves in the public sphere so they are open to personal comments against them in my view.

I don't think they are representative of many of us in our 20s, RTE just wishes we were I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

The tattooed d*cks band were playing something like the black eyed peas. This programme makes me want to leave Dublin. Maybe its a government ploy to make us emigrate. When we realise the city is full of these people we will have to leave. I never want to go out in Dublin again. Unless I'm carrying a pocket full of rocks.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

I sincererly hope a couple of these meet an early grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its shows like this that make everyone hate Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Worse than I thought it'd be. The main conflict: A ****ING HOLIDAY!!!!!

I think I'll take a virtual trip to Marbella from this show forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Dear God........that exceeded my expectation of lameness!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Every guy in this programme..

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

blow69 wrote: »
    Every guy in this programme..

that was awesome, great video rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I thought it was entertaining, i was laughing and saying things like "why the **** would the CEO of MCD agree to meet an intern at a location!?" rather than usually either him taking no interest or her grovelling at his desk, but the outrageous factor of it was what was funny, people need to seriously lighten the **** up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

The floor boards in my house are still reverberating from the bass in Vogue's voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Agree with the op in that all the blokes in that show are absolute dick heads. All the girls on the other hand are little wetsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

It was reality alright. Half an hour of 20 something Irish people including time in the pub and not ONE four letter word (even bleeped out!). Toss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

I somehow managed to get through the whole episode..there were some very unintentionally funny bits.

When the two bints meet up for the first time before going to check out the apartment, the D4 bint said 'OMG I was soo worried you are soo pretty, I thought you were going to be,, ahem , have loadsa tattoos and stuff'..

The face on the D4 bint when the Wexford wan won the coin toss was also priceless.

Your man from MCD Damo O'Donoghue was Brian O'Driscoll best man at his wedding, I wonder will Drico stick his oar in later in the series?

Yer wan Vogue is doing a line with that fella Maser who does all the graffiti around town,Irelands answer to Banksy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

I think RTE did a good job......

of picking the biggest pack of spastics in Dublin.

That youngfella with the greasy quiff and Shane Mc Gowan teeth...how embarassing if that is his real personality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

How many of you who watch it are in the 16-24 female demographic?....y'all lap up this stuff and will be back next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

I think next Thursday I will be heading to woodies to buy a few tins of paint and watch them dry because it will be a damn sight more entertaining then this show and the muppets who are in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

She fancies her boss? rly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

He must fancy her too if he asked an intern to meet him in the ****ing Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 37 limerick_lady

:mad:
    Scambuster wrote: »
    I sincererly hope a couple of these meet an early grave.

Harsh words - I take it you've never lost anyone close to you...they're still someone's loved ones!

If it bothered you that much, turn over, but don't wish anything like that on anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

spikeprint wrote: »
    The tattooed d*cks band were playing something like the black eyed peas. This programme makes me want to leave Dublin. Maybe its a government ploy to make us emigrate. When we realise the city is full of these people we will have to leave. I never want to go out in Dublin again. Unless I'm carrying a pocket full of rocks.......
    fyi that band are probably one of the busiest gigging bands in Ireland at the moment...

The show is still tripe though

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Watched it with the missus last night... The head on your ones boyfriend from Wexford! Talk about the stereotypical culchie lad! I'd be surprised if he isn't wearing a rally jacket in the next episode.

Dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭bullpost

I like tuned in like to watch it like for a while like and there was nothing going on like so I switched like to watch something else like and won't be watching it again, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Worst tv programmer ive ever had the misfortune of watching. That Vogue one has a deeper voice then most young fellas:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Valium O Clock

Have to say I watched it last night and thought it was one of the most fantastic things I have ever witnessed, - Although possibly for all the wrong reasons, 30 minutes of comedy gold which included such lines as:

‘Are you nervous?’

‘I don’t know… I think so?’

And when asked a question as to what she likes about the magazine she answered ‘Well the magazine is aimed at 18 to 34 year olds which is what I’m really interested in as that’s where I am in life now!’ – Utter genius!

The award for the winning character though and someone I can only prey to any god that will listen makes a return to next weeks show is the friend of the donkey singer at the end, Kevin! That dude is class with his top button done up and a goofy look of happiness on his face like he has just discovered masturbation for the very first time. We need more Kevin in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

adamski8 wrote: »
    ugh "the sky and the ground", terrible place.
    dublin is a big place and so expensive, hope she can somehow survive!

I wonder are you the 'bf' that she left behind in Wexford? :P

The Sky & Ground is one of the best pubs in Wexford,which is obvious to msot locals.

PS...I've boned all 4 of the women :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

spikeprint wrote: »
    Maybe its a government ploy to make us emigrate. When we realise the city is full of these people we will have to leave.

Oh my God, it all makes so much sense now... Funniest 5 minutes of a show I've ever seen.

Advertisement